Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 03:00:18 AM
714392 Posts in 53096 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Movie science 101. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Author Topic: Movie science 101.  (Read 14401 times)
SynapticBoomstick
Cinematic Monster Fanatic from Weird New Jersey
Bad Movie Lover

One monster with extra cheese, hold the plot.

« Reply #45 on: August 29, 2010, 07:48:47 PM »

Whole populations of creatures can survive for millenia underground near Earth's mantle without being cooked and without having a renewable source of oxygen or food other than themselves for the latter, though they seem to know when to stop before they end up starving. They can also function perfectly well underground in their original above-ground forms without any difficulty. Any humans or humanoids will also have incredibly huge eyes to catch the staggering abundance of light that one finds miles beneath the ground. There are also apparently clouds down there, too.

(Take your pick of films like that, you'll probably find one of the above to be true.)

Kleel's rule is harsh :-B
WildHoosier09
I'm the one who looks like he can use a keyboard
Bad Movie Lover

I've got to find out what causes this and put a st

« Reply #46 on: August 30, 2010, 08:47:11 PM »

Classic Matrix science: humans generate a net increase in energy so much so that entire machine cities can be powered by humans being fed nothing more than IV of dead humans (hint, humans convert stored chemical energy of food to kinetic/electric energy but can not create new energy, without some kind of new energy coming into this system the humans would die and the machines would power down). 

The only difference between zombies and toddlers is one is cuter than the other.
BTM
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #47 on: August 31, 2010, 01:13:34 AM »

We could probably do an entire just on the subject on Nuclear bomb, waste and power, and all the crazy stuff we see in movies about that.  But I'll do a light one.

Nuclear waste looks like green liquid!  And it's usually stored in suspicious looking and easily breakable barrels.  Also, if you're evil, radiation gives you hideous looking scars and makes you deformed or, if you're an animal, it'll make you large and increasing hostile.  If you're good, it'll give you superpowers!  If you're dead, it'll bring you back to life as a zombie.

"Some people mature, some just get older." -Andrew Vachss
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #48 on: August 31, 2010, 07:30:22 AM »

Atomic power works just like electricity, except with much more kick.

Nuclear weapons temporarily transform their surroundings into the Nevada desert or a South Pacific atoll when they explode.

You can explode sunlight, and doing so will destroy the universe.

Rocket engines in space produce a lot of smoke. Even in deep space, the smoke rises relative to the rocket.

Rockets often look different immediately after launch. Tricks of the atmosphere make them look like either a Mercury Redstone, a Saturn 1B or a Saturn 5.

The human fetus goes through the entire process of evolution before it's born. Mercury will create a chimera (or a big, deformed bear).

Reanimating or prolonging the lives of people will make them evil and ultimately homicidal. The effect is virtually inevitable if you just save the head or brain.

The human heart is a single cell.

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
Newt
Mostly Harmless. Mostly.

I want to be Ripley when I grow up.

« Reply #49 on: August 31, 2010, 07:48:35 AM »

The human fetus goes through the entire process of evolution before it's born.
This is a good one - a 'classic' example of running with the popular understanding of a real scientific concept: "ontogeny recapitualtes phylogeny".  Those are the most fun!   Cheers

"May I offer you a Peek Frean?" - Walter Bishop
"Thank you for appreciating my descent into deviant behavior, Mr. Reese." - Harold Finch
Cthulhu

« Reply #50 on: August 31, 2010, 08:11:38 AM »

Contrary to popular belief, you CAN outrun wind.
Corpses (zombies) only rot when convenient.
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #51 on: August 31, 2010, 09:00:51 AM »

The human fetus goes through the entire process of evolution before it's born.
This is a good one - a 'classic' example of running with the popular understanding of a real scientific concept: "ontogeny recapitualtes phylogeny".  Those are the most fun!   Cheers

I like the ones where a real scientific principle has been screwed up almost beyond recognition. The single-celled heart from The Amazing Colossal Man, for example. I remember from high school biology that cardiac muscle does have a unique structure, with cells branching into each other, and the cells are organized to better squeeze in unison. The writers had facts, they just didn't understand the facts at all.

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Movie science 101. « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.