Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 06, 2024, 10:09:20 AM
715958 Posts in 53161 Topics by 7771 Members
Latest Member: VernMolone
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Vampires Suck (2010) « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Vampires Suck (2010)  (Read 3328 times)
Jim H
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #15 on: August 21, 2010, 01:29:32 AM »

What I find baffling is just how awful the trailers for this one are.  Same deal with Meet the Spartans - which is AWFUL AWFUL AWFUL, but there were a couple points that I found funny (It's a stupid joke, but calling the INCREDIBLY OBVIOUSLY TRAITOROUS Spartan in 300 "Traitoro" was funny, especially the reveal of his name), and they're not in the trailer. 

How can they make such bad trailers?  It boggles my mind.  Also, where do they spend $15 million plus on these films?  They could do them for 1/10th that and it'd be funnier.  Just look at youtube and find a few random funny low budget directors (or even somebody like the guys who do Ask a Ninja).  Most of them would love to be able to have a few hundred thousand to throw around.  And it would DEFINITELY be a better film. 
Saucerman
Opinionated Blowhard Par Excellence
B-Movie Site Webmaster

Hypnotic, ain't it?

« Reply #16 on: August 21, 2010, 06:42:34 AM »

For a much better parody of TWILIGHT, which cost only pocket change to make, check out Low Budget Picture's TAINTLIGHT.  Sick, sophomoric humor but it actually does manage to hit TWILIGHT a few times really good, particularly in the overuse of the "blued" effect and "Edgar Mullins"' facial expressions.  Plus, replace stupid vampire baseball with amusing vampire frisbee golf. 

My favorite moment? Instead of having a car almost hit "Stella" and her being saved by "Edgar," she's nearly hit by a drunken mime on an invisible cell phone while driving his invisible car.  Edgar pushes her over (and, incidentally, out of the way). 

metalmonster
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #17 on: August 28, 2010, 04:15:14 PM »

I Was Out To Get A Haircut Today But There Was A Long Line And The Barber Told Me It Might Take A Few Hours , So I Decided To Use My Spare Time Seeing This Movie , I Have Never Seen Any Of The TWILIGHT Movies (and i hope i never do) but i watched this movie for laughs , there were a couple of semi humorous moments but that's about it

All In All It's Not A Bad Movie To Watch If You Have Some Spare Time and nothing better to do
voltron

« Reply #18 on: August 29, 2010, 09:49:19 PM »

It's this type of movie which exemplifies what's wrong with "A" movies these days, and society in general. I have no desire to see this, not because I'm a Twilight fan, but because I also have no desire to see the Twilight films and to me, spoofing that franchise it so utterly pointless and obvious that it's ...well..... Lookingup
I laugh at the thought that anyone will be nostalgic for this type of movie 20 years down the road, let alone 2 years from now. It really sucks that a few bigwigs have the brilliant idea that spoofing way too current trends/movies = funny. That aside, I just got This Is Spinal Tap on DVD for $3 a few days ago. That should be mandatory viewing before any one of those _____ Movie losers decide on doing another spoof s**tfest.

"Nothin' out there but God's little creatures - more scared of you than you are of them"  - Warren, "Just Before Dawn"
ulthar

I AM serious, and stop calling me Shirley

« Reply #19 on: August 29, 2010, 09:58:25 PM »

We liked SCARY MOVIE, but I think that was more Wayans than Friedberg/Seltzer.  Never seen any of the other "similar" spoofs mentioned in this thread.

I will say that of older spoof movies, I really liked AIRPLANE (I not II), HOT SHOTS (both), LOADED WEAPON and quite a number of the Leslie Nielson movies.  Some of these were pure art, not all bathroom humor and other middle school level cheap shots.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Professor Hathaway:  I noticed you stopped stuttering.
Bodie:      I've been giving myself shock treatments.
Professor Hathaway: Up the voltage.

--Real Genius
Flick James

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #20 on: August 30, 2010, 09:24:01 AM »

It's this type of movie which exemplifies what's wrong with "A" movies these days, and society in general. I have no desire to see this, not because I'm a Twilight fan, but because I also have no desire to see the Twilight films and to me, spoofing that franchise it so utterly pointless and obvious that it's ...well..... Lookingup
I laugh at the thought that anyone will be nostalgic for this type of movie 20 years down the road, let alone 2 years from now. It really sucks that a few bigwigs have the brilliant idea that spoofing way too current trends/movies = funny. That aside, I just got This Is Spinal Tap on DVD for $3 a few days ago. That should be mandatory viewing before any one of those _____ Movie losers decide on doing another spoof s**tfest.

Karma for that. This is Spinal Tap is my favorite parody of all time.

I don't always talk about bad movies, but when I do, I prefer badmovies.org
Vik
« Reply #21 on: August 30, 2010, 11:50:02 AM »

I despise these kinds of movies. Epic movie, meet the spartans, scary movie(all of them).... Low brow "humor" just doesn't do it for me. 
I agree 100% A big pile of smelly sh*t.
HARDtoREACH
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #22 on: September 09, 2010, 02:32:24 AM »

I despise these kinds of movies. Epic movie, meet the spartans, scary movie(all of them).... Low brow "humor" just doesn't do it for me. 

yea i dont understand it.  why do they keep making these spoofs, they are terrible (scary movie wasnt to bad) but the rest are garbage. why dont these people spend there time, money, and energy to cure cancer or something.  instead they make these movies that probably cause cancer.
Pages: 1 [2]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Vampires Suck (2010) « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.