Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 05:37:17 PM
714493 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7744 Members
Latest Member: MichelFran
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  The Silencer (1992) « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Silencer (1992)  (Read 4004 times)
claws
« on: August 26, 2010, 11:08:02 AM »

Angel (Lynette Walden) is a hitwoman and she receives her assignments through an arcade video game called "The Silencer". All she has to do is insert a special coin in the slot and a profile of the to-be-executed appears on the screen. Too bad her psychotic ex-boyfriend George (Chris Mulkey) is watching her every move.

One of Crown International's final productions and they pulled all strings to make it extra special. Music video director Amy Goldstein was hired to give the movie a glossy music video look, and Lynette Walden was hired because she had the glossy Madonna look. Matter of fact the entire film appears to be inspired by Madonna (anno 1990/91) in some way or the other, as in setting, style and even the music, which is ripping off her hit Justify My Love. I thought that was funny.

All this doesn't make "The Silencer" any better. Its dull action wrapped in slick fashion: Angel gets to pick her tall beefy male model lovers and shows them who is boss by forcefully defeating any attempt of resistance by flooring them with smooth but tender martial arts moves. Other than that there is Chris Mulkey as the psycho guardian angel and his performances was not too shabby at all.
Andrew
Administrator
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2010, 11:56:33 AM »

I remember this movie!  The video game sequences were really cheesy, and the assassinations were just as bad.  Though at the time I didn't know the release dates, I remember thinking it was a rip on "Point of No Return" (1993).  Maybe they quickly made the film to capitalize on the idea before the Bridget Fonda film was released.

The real reason to watch the movie is just to ogle Lynette Walden.  I am pretty certain there is a scene with her and a guy making out.  She starts searching through his pockets, apparently for a condom.  When she can't find one she tells him, "No glove, no love." and just walks off.  All of us watching the film yelled at the screen that if protection is that important, she could just hold on for five minutes while he goes to buy a pack of condoms.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
claws
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2010, 01:17:21 AM »

Though at the time I didn't know the release dates, I remember thinking it was a rip on "Point of No Return" (1993).  Maybe they quickly made the film to capitalize on the idea before the Bridget Fonda film was released.

That was my thought as well. Crown International was obviously struggling and tried to make a quick but final buck.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  The Silencer (1992) « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.