Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 04:48:08 AM
712925 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Press Releases and Film News  |  We R Animals « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: We R Animals  (Read 11095 times)
3mnkids
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« on: September 13, 2010, 07:16:30 AM »

I sooo want to see this.   TeddyR

http://www.filmstar.se/sv/224137/2010-09-06/we-r-animals-bilder-+-synopsis

I know the text looks odd... thanks google translator.. TongueOut

Synopsis:
Snow White The Rabbit Is Stuck in a Sadistic man's pet store, she craves for love But nobody Wants to take her home. But one day the animals Wreck havoc and they all escape, Including Snow White. She gets lost with her newfound freedom and Almost Dies, Until the nice old lady Alice saves her. Snow White would've Law had a bright future If Not for Alice's Jealous and vindictive underdogs, WHO call on Their friend Flash, a shady and Devious pumice cat. Together They plan to transform Alice's Apartment Into a Brothel for animal, and force Snow White and even the human Alice Into Prostitution.

We R Animals Is a comical adventure, filled with Drug Using cats, horny dogs, cat-ninja Assassins, Vampire Bats, cruelty and Magic. In Essence We R Animals Is a Love Story Told with warmth, där Sometimes the laughter seat in the throat and forces us to question the Morals and Views of Both animals and man.

There's no worse feeling than that millisecond you're sure you are going to die after leaning your chair back a little too far~ ruminations
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2010, 10:30:35 AM »

OK, I'm going to keep an eye out for this.  Thank you for finding it.

But it brings to mind a pet peeve of mine: why don't people hire a native speaker to write their press releases for them?  For a the slight investment of a screener copy, I would have rewritten that in standard English with proper capitalization for them .  The crappy translation makes them look unprofessional.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Afriendlyguest
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2010, 04:51:50 PM »

Check the source, there's nothing wrong with the synopsis there, it sounds awesome. I don't know how OP got that synopsis.
SkullBat308
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2010, 05:05:15 PM »

This sounds really interesting, in a weird way makes me think of Meet the Feebles with more social subtext  Cheers

The Human Blood keeps them alive, FOREVER

"Life is a hideous thing, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous." - Lovecraft
3mnkids

« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2010, 05:33:15 PM »

Check the source, there's nothing wrong with the synopsis there, it sounds awesome. I don't know how OP got that synopsis.

I used google translator for the page and then copied directly from the site.

There's no worse feeling than that millisecond you're sure you are going to die after leaning your chair back a little too far~ ruminations
Afriendlyguest
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2010, 05:53:51 PM »

Synopsis:

Snow White the rabbit is stuck in a sadistic man’s pet store, she craves for love but nobody wants to take her home. But one day the animals wreck havoc and they all escape, including Snow White. She gets lost with her newfound freedom and almost dies, until the nice old lady Alice saves her. Snow White would've had a bright future if not for Alice's jealous and vindictive dogs, who call on their friend Flash, a shady and devious pimp cat. Together they plan to transform Alice's apartment into a brothel for animals, and force Snow White and even the human Alice into prostitution.

We R Animals is a comical adventure, filled with drug using cats, horny dogs, cat-ninja assassins, vampire bats, cruelty and magic. In essence We R Animals is a love story told with warmth, where sometimes the laughter sits in the throat and forces us to question the morals and views of both animals and man.

That's from the source... That's the synopsis that's been used on twitchfilm.net and slashfilm.com.
3mnkids

« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2010, 06:08:01 PM »

I know that is how it looks before the page is translated. I said I used google to translate the page and that is how it was translated. I read a page from top to bottom so I immediately clicked translate. I had no idea the synopsis was in English to begin with further down the page. 

Go to the page, use google translate, and you will see what I mean. I didnt notice the odd text until after I pasted it.. That is why I put "Thanks google translator"    TeddyR   

Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2010, 07:16:52 PM »

Synopsis:

Snow White the rabbit is stuck in a sadistic man’s pet store, she craves for love but nobody wants to take her home. But one day the animals wreck havoc and they all escape, including Snow White. She gets lost with her newfound freedom and almost dies, until the nice old lady Alice saves her. Snow White would've had a bright future if not for Alice's jealous and vindictive dogs, who call on their friend Flash, a shady and devious pimp cat. Together they plan to transform Alice's apartment into a brothel for animals, and force Snow White and even the human Alice into prostitution.

We R Animals is a comical adventure, filled with drug using cats, horny dogs, cat-ninja assassins, vampire bats, cruelty and magic. In essence We R Animals is a love story told with warmth, where sometimes the laughter sits in the throat and forces us to question the morals and views of both animals and man.

That's from the source... That's the synopsis that's been used on twitchfilm.net and slashfilm.com.

Afrinedlyguest, the synopsis you quote is almost exactly the same as the one 3mn posted except it doesn't have the Random Capitalization.  It still exhibits poor grammar and spelling: "she craves for love" should be "she craves love," "wreck havoc" should be "wreak havoc," etc.  It's understandable and actually very good for someone for whom English is a second language but I still think they should have run it by a professional editor first.  As I said I am available to copy edit press releases in exchange for screeners  Wink. Anyway, I would never boycott an interesting film on the basis of a badly written press release. 

Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2010, 09:53:28 PM »

Synopsis:Snow White the rabbit is stuck in a sadistic man’s pet store, she craves for love but nobody wants to take her home. But one day the animals wreck havoc and they all escape, including Snow White. She gets lost with her newfound freedom and almost dies, until the nice old lady Alice saves her. Snow White would've had a bright future if not for Alice's jealous and vindictive dogs, who call on their friend Flash, a shady and devious pimp cat. Together they plan to transform Alice's apartment into a brothel for animals, and force Snow White and even the human Alice into prostitution.
Afrinedlyguest, the synopsis you quote is almost exactly the same as the one 3mn posted except it doesn't have the Random Capitalization.  It still exhibits poor grammar and spelling: "she craves for love" should be "she craves love," "wreck havoc" should be "wreak havoc," etc.  It's understandable and actually very good for someone for whom English is a second language but I still think they should have run it by a professional editor first.  As I said I am available to copy edit press releases in exchange for screeners  Wink. Anyway, I would never boycott an interesting film on the basis of a badly written press release. 
I give you A... "wreak havoc"  ThumbupSmile  "she craves for love" is yer complaint?  Well we all know y'need more'that in yer life!   TeddyR Wink 

Anyway, I would never boycott an interesting film on the basis of a badly written press release. 
That's 'cause you gotta brain in yer head.

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2010, 11:14:59 AM »

Synopsis:Snow White the rabbit is stuck in a sadistic man’s pet store, she craves for love but nobody wants to take her home. But one day the animals wreck havoc and they all escape, including Snow White. She gets lost with her newfound freedom and almost dies, until the nice old lady Alice saves her. Snow White would've had a bright future if not for Alice's jealous and vindictive dogs, who call on their friend Flash, a shady and devious pimp cat. Together they plan to transform Alice's apartment into a brothel for animals, and force Snow White and even the human Alice into prostitution.
I give you A... "wreak havoc"  ThumbupSmile  "she craves for love" is yer complaint?  Well we all know y'need more'that in yer life!   TeddyR Wink 

I crave love... but I do crave more than that in life... I also want to decide who lives and who dies. 

Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2010, 08:33:32 PM »

Thanks again for bringing this one to my attention 3mn---I made mention of it in my "Weird Horizon" today and found the movie's facebook page, which you can check out if your interested.  Lots of it's in Swedish, of course.

3mnkids

« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2010, 10:51:56 PM »

Thanks again for bringing this one to my attention 3mn---I made mention of it in my "Weird Horizon" today and found the movie's facebook page, which you can check out if your interested.  Lots of it's in Swedish, of course.

You're welcome.. us weirdos need to look out for each other.   TongueOut  I saw that on your site and "liked" it.

Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Press Releases and Film News  |  We R Animals « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.