Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 01:14:50 AM
712922 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Galaxy of Terror « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Galaxy of Terror  (Read 31240 times)
Andrew
Administrator
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I know where my towel is.

« on: September 20, 2010, 07:39:15 AM »

After crash landing on an alien planet, the crew of a spaceship is stalked and killed by their greatest fears.  Of course one of the crew is a buxom blonde female, and of course her biggest fear is that a giant worm will suck her clothes off before it slimes her to death.

« Last Edit: September 20, 2010, 09:58:56 AM by Andrew » Logged

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
InformationGeek
Leader of the Friends' for Info
B-Movie Site Webmaster

Let's all be Friends.

« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2010, 11:21:06 AM »

Hmm... I didn't see it anywhere in the review, but did old Freddy survive this movie?  I didn't see anywhere in the review if his character made it out.  By the way, does anyone find it amusing that Robert Englund is in a movie about people being killed by their worst nightmares and he would later go on to kill people in their nightmares?

Your worst fear is ponies Andrew?  Then the My Little Pony movie review will be the end of you for sure.  Is this a little nod to that upcoming review?

We live in quite an interesting age. You can tell someone's sexual orientation and level of education from just their interests.
DavidFullam
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2010, 11:44:13 AM »

Please God, do not let DeCoteau remake this classic! This movie rules!
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2010, 05:15:35 PM »

the only thing that made this really known is the worm rape scene, which, sadly to say, I saw and gagged at.

yeah no.
Nathan45
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2010, 10:08:08 PM »

Spoiler

Freddy did indeed survive.  Honestly he should have been the hero, Cabren did less to deserve his final guy status then any character in recent memory.

retrorussell
In the town of Valentine Bluffs, there are many ways to die. Take your pick.

Hanniger! I'll be waiting in HELL for you!

« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2010, 02:37:25 AM »

That clip is hilarious!  The sound FX must have been lifted from a cartoon.

"O the legend they say, on a Valentine's Day, is a curse that'll live on and on.."
SkullBat308
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2010, 06:27:46 PM »

That clip is hilarious!  The sound FX must have been lifted from a cartoon.

BounceGiggle That's what I thought.

The Human Blood keeps them alive, FOREVER

"Life is a hideous thing, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous." - Lovecraft
Andrew
Administrator

« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2010, 07:29:03 AM »

Hmm... I didn't see it anywhere in the review, but did old Freddy survive this movie?  I didn't see anywhere in the review if his character made it out.  By the way, does anyone find it amusing that Robert Englund is in a movie about people being killed by their worst nightmares and he would later go on to kill people in their nightmares?

Your worst fear is ponies Andrew?  Then the My Little Pony movie review will be the end of you for sure.  Is this a little nod to that upcoming review?

It is funny to see the parallels with Robert Englund, but what kept jumping to the forefront of my brain is how young he looks in this film.

Definitely a nod to the upcoming review for "My Little Pony:  The Movie."

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
Allister
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2010, 08:13:58 AM »

I remember I'd seen Galaxy of Terror late one night when I was a little kid. I was supposed to be in bed, but loving all things Sci-Fi... I snuck out and watched it anyways... and enjoyed it.
I had forgotten about the movie until a couple years ago, and got really lucky to find a cheap copy on DvD. Now I force all my friends to watch it with me.... And they all enjoy it.
Sure, it's a bit cheesy... and the (lack of) budget defiantly shows... but Galaxy of Terror remins one of my favorite movies to this day.
Torgo

« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2010, 03:47:29 PM »

I've been meaning to get the Blu-Rays of both Galaxy of Terror & the pseudo-sequel Forbidden World. Galaxy of Terror is a fun movie if you're in the correct mindset for it.

"There is no way out of here. It'll be dark soon. There is no way out of here."
BTM

« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2010, 08:48:10 PM »

You know, I heard there used to be a huge website based around the infamous "worm" scene in this movie, that featured that clip and clips from other movies which feature various monsters in search of "earthly" delights.  It supposedly had pictures, clips, and even an area for people to subject their own artwork and stories. 

At least, that's what I heard.  I personally would never visit such a place.
 Wink

"Some people mature, some just get older." -Andrew Vachss
Ash

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2010, 12:32:56 AM »

I was wondering when you were going to get around to reviewing this Andrew.

I love this flick!
It has the coolest movie cover art I've ever seen.  Thumbup

I want this as a poster on my bedroom wall.
Andrew
Administrator

« Reply #12 on: September 24, 2010, 07:26:38 AM »

You know, I heard there used to be a huge website based around the infamous "worm" scene in this movie, that featured that clip and clips from other movies which feature various monsters in search of "earthly" delights.  It supposedly had pictures, clips, and even an area for people to subject their own artwork and stories. 

At least, that's what I heard.  I personally would never visit such a place.
 Wink

Sure was, and it was named "Galaxy of Terror."  I used it from time to time as a resource when researching one of the films, but overall it's not my cup of tea.

I was wondering when you were going to get around to reviewing this Andrew.

I love this flick!
It has the coolest movie cover art I've ever seen.  Thumbup

I want this as a poster on my bedroom wall.

The great thing about the poster is that, while it's not completely out of place for the movie, it is very misleading.  It also has the charm of looking like one of the old Commodore or PC video game box covers.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
JMR3000
« Reply #13 on: September 24, 2010, 08:59:34 PM »

Years ago I read a short story called "The Haunted Planet."  That story MUST have been the inspiration for this movie.  The story, though, was not a gore-fest, it was as much mystery as it was sci-fi, and the ending was brilliant!  I wish they would make a movie out of the short story.
JPickettIII
A BAD MOVIE IS A TERRIBLE THING TO WASTE!
Bad Movie Lover

HELP! WE ARE STUCK IN A GOOD MOVIE!!!

« Reply #14 on: September 26, 2010, 08:35:22 AM »

Always wanted to see the movie but have not, not sure why.  After reading the awesome review, I will have rent or buy the movie.  This kind of reminds me of Creature.  Not sure why.  This is another great movie.   Cheers

Thanks Andy for the review.

Later,

John

\\\\\\\"Freedom is not free\"\\\\\\ or ///\"Where ever you go, there you are!\"///
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Galaxy of Terror « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.