Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 05:36:13 AM
712927 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Galaxy of Terror « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Galaxy of Terror  (Read 31248 times)
contrary
« Reply #15 on: September 26, 2010, 09:53:13 PM »

is it just me or is the creature from the video clip reminiscent of the tongue from The Killer Tongue? Question
kor
« Reply #16 on: September 27, 2010, 12:08:49 PM »

Great movie! Really dark,it creeped me out as a kid seeing it!Whats with the movie poster?It has nothing to do with the movie.I guess they used what was left of the movies budget! It was funny seeing Erin Moran getting squeezed like a zit-Splat.
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #17 on: October 09, 2010, 09:05:07 AM »

I should have read your review before I watched the movie last night - that way I might have had some idea of what was going on  BounceGiggle  The whole thing was just too confusing, and too darned dumb for me.  But the sets and production design were very impressive - I'm assuming that was all James Cameron's work.

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
LA2019
« Reply #18 on: November 04, 2010, 02:37:33 PM »

Quote from: Andrew Borntreger
Between the oppressive gloom of the landscape and the weird architecture, the sets for this film are impressive, though they look uncannily like the set of "Aliens" at times (that's just James' influence).

Considering that this film was released five years before Cameron's, that conclusion seems a bit far-fetched.
Andrew
Administrator
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #19 on: November 04, 2010, 04:02:14 PM »

Quote from: Andrew Borntreger
Between the oppressive gloom of the landscape and the weird architecture, the sets for this film are impressive, though they look uncannily like the set of "Aliens" at times (that's just James' influence).

Considering that this film was released five years before Cameron's, that conclusion seems a bit far-fetched.

James Cameron is credited as second unit director and production design for "Galaxy of Terror."

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
LA2019
« Reply #20 on: November 05, 2010, 10:29:20 AM »

James Cameron is credited as second unit director and production design for "Galaxy of Terror."

Ah.  The review didn't make that clear.
Blueslover
« Reply #21 on: January 22, 2011, 02:40:34 PM »

I love Corman's films, both as a director and as a producer. One thing I noticed about the spaceships and space battles though. The look strangely like the ones from "Battle Beyoud the Stars". Hmmm. Recycled footage? Gasp. Surely not!! (Yeah, I know I shouldn't call you Shirley) Cameron is also credited on that film. Same thing with Forbidden World and another that I can't remember at the moment. Ya' Gotta love it. OK, I'm done now and am going to force myself to watch all my Corman Cult Classics again. Tough job, as they say, but someone has to do it. Thank the fates for Roger Corman.
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #22 on: April 20, 2011, 01:48:35 AM »

While sick from the flu, I saw this about four hours ago: it didn't make me feel any better though. Along with Jack, I wish I'd read the review before I saw this thing.

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
MaryInBoise
New Visitor

« Reply #23 on: April 27, 2011, 07:21:14 PM »

Leela: Uh, Professor, are we even allowed in the Forbidden Zone?
Professor Farnsworth: Why, of course! It's just a name, like the Death Zone or the Zone of No Return. All the Zones have names like that in the Galaxy of Terror.

-Futurama
JPickettIII
A BAD MOVIE IS A TERRIBLE THING TO WASTE!
Bad Movie Lover

HELP! WE ARE STUCK IN A GOOD MOVIE!!!

« Reply #24 on: May 18, 2011, 02:02:24 PM »

I just saw this last night thanks to NetFlix.  Good movie.  But there are a lot of holes.  Like the skiddish new guy, he dies but it seems like no one notices or cares.  The burning of the dead bodies, I did not hear an explanation for this.  Then there is the ending, what the hell happened.  The hero beats all of the monsters and becomes the master???  Then the pyramid turns blue???  What happened to Ranger???  I like the movie but it could have been better with better writing.  The cover art for the the movies does not appear anywere in the movie.  The creature on the cover is really cool looking, where was it?

OH well.  I would recommend it.  I saw a trailer on the disk about Forbidden World, my next conquest.

Later,

John

\\\\\\\"Freedom is not free\"\\\\\\ or ///\"Where ever you go, there you are!\"///
JPickettIII
A BAD MOVIE IS A TERRIBLE THING TO WASTE!
Bad Movie Lover

HELP! WE ARE STUCK IN A GOOD MOVIE!!!

« Reply #25 on: May 18, 2011, 02:03:55 PM »

Leela: Uh, Professor, are we even allowed in the Forbidden Zone?
Professor Farnsworth: Why, of course! It's just a name, like the Death Zone or the Zone of No Return. All the Zones have names like that in the Galaxy of Terror.

-Futurama

I remember that episode.  Good catch.

\\\\\\\"Freedom is not free\"\\\\\\ or ///\"Where ever you go, there you are!\"///
Pages: 1 [2]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Galaxy of Terror « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.