Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 05:38:25 AM
712927 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Press Releases and Film News  |  Witchcraft comments from past haunt Christine O’Donnell « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Author Topic: Witchcraft comments from past haunt Christine O’Donnell  (Read 41389 times)
ulthar
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I AM serious, and stop calling me Shirley

« Reply #30 on: September 26, 2010, 08:27:42 PM »

How do we go from respectful discourse to this crap.   Thumbdown

We have an otherwise respectful, informative (I like to hear from the Wiccan's about their faith, it is something I know very little about from genuine sources) and INTERESTING discussion.  What happens to that good discussion  when we get:

As to hating the far right, I am indeed guilty as charged. I hate the far, radical right and make no apologies for it.

Damn right I hate them. I'd like to beat the far right to a bloody pulp

I'd like to stomp the far right's collective face in

So yes I hate the far right, and I don't consider it to be a "knee jerk" hatred but rather a  well founded hate

One thing I will agree with you upon, Mr. Mean Machine...you ARE full of hate.

Which makes one of your last comments almost laughable:

Seems to me that the knee jerk hate is mostly a far right thing

Like I put above...   Thumbdown

« Last Edit: September 26, 2010, 08:41:14 PM by ulthar » Logged

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Professor Hathaway:  I noticed you stopped stuttering.
Bodie:      I've been giving myself shock treatments.
Professor Hathaway: Up the voltage.

--Real Genius
flackbait

The fate of the last door to door salesmen

« Reply #31 on: September 26, 2010, 08:42:36 PM »

UPDATE: Not to mention, going back to military service, many Wiccans see enlisting as following the Rede ("An it harm none..."), in other words, dedicating their position to trying to seek diplomatic solutions in wartime, and prevent escalating violence, with battle being a last resort. Soldier does not necessarily = cold blooded killer.

This is what the accusers don't understand. Soldiers do NOT have the option to just
"quit their job" and\or sign a discipline slip.  They have no say over where they go, or what they have to do, including war.  They have to do what they are told, with severe penalties for refusal.

This does not mean they all agree with what they do. And it also dosen't mean they are hypocritical for complaining about a job they KNEW they might have do when they signed up.  Like any job, complaints come with it.

America, like any other country, has her own natural enemies (those who pre-meditatively sought to do us harm from the start) as well as those made by our actions and political practices.   And regardless of those 2 schools, our servicemen and women are here to protect us, period.

And they are to be respected above all others, for doing things in the name of freedom ordinary people don't have to do, because they are out doing it for all of us.

If you are given an illegal order your supposed to refuse it.  For example if your commanding officer tells you to do something that violates the geneva convention or its consider treasonus you are obligated not to follow it.

Umaril The Unfeathered

Pelinal na vasha, racuvar! Sa yando tyavoy nagaia!

« Reply #32 on: September 26, 2010, 10:11:42 PM »

UPDATE: Not to mention, going back to military service, many Wiccans see enlisting as following the Rede ("An it harm none..."), in other words, dedicating their position to trying to seek diplomatic solutions in wartime, and prevent escalating violence, with battle being a last resort. Soldier does not necessarily = cold blooded killer.

This is what the accusers don't understand. Soldiers do NOT have the option to just
"quit their job" and\or sign a discipline slip.  They have no say over where they go, or what they have to do, including war.  They have to do what they are told, with severe penalties for refusal.

This does not mean they all agree with what they do. And it also dosen't mean they are hypocritical for complaining about a job they KNEW they might have do when they signed up.  Like any job, complaints come with it.

America, like any other country, has her own natural enemies (those who pre-meditatively sought to do us harm from the start) as well as those made by our actions and political practices.   And regardless of those 2 schools, our servicemen and women are here to protect us, period.

And they are to be respected above all others, for doing things in the name of freedom ordinary people don't have to do, because they are out doing it for all of us.

If you are given an illegal order your supposed to refuse it.  For example if your commanding officer tells you to do something that violates the geneva convention or its consider treasonus you are obligated not to follow it.

Understood and accepted.  However,  proving the illegality of the order is most likely the burden of proof of the one refusing the order.  Just like most other times people decide to challenge those in power,  it's probably a "your word vs. theirs" deal when it comes to the chain of command and violation of orders.  And there are others who will take their fall less harder than the ones below them.

Tam-Riel na nou Sancremath.
Dawn's Beauty is our shining home.

An varlais, nou bala, an kynd, nou latta.
The stars are our power, the sky is our light.

Malatu na nou karan.
Truth is our armor.

Malatu na bala
Truth is power.

Heca, Pellani! Agabaiyane Ehlnadaya!
Be gone, outsiders! I do not fear your mortal gods!

Auri-El na nou ata, ye A, Umaril, an Aran!
Aure-El is our father, and I, Umaril, the king!
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #33 on: September 26, 2010, 11:41:45 PM »

Other than "Mean Machine", this has been an interesting and respectful thread.  As far as MM goes, his political bigotry and hatefulness is now out there for all to see . . . is he "Judge Death" under a new alias?  Or is he just another leftist hatemonger?

Who knows?

I just hope one of the mods will take out the trash, as this was an otherwise fun and interesting thread.

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Umaril The Unfeathered

« Reply #34 on: September 26, 2010, 11:50:09 PM »

How do we go from respectful discourse to this crap.   Thumbdown

We have an otherwise respectful, informative (I like to hear from the Wiccan's about their faith, it is something I know very little about from genuine sources) and INTERESTING discussion.  What happens to that good discussion  when we get:

As to hating the far right, I am indeed guilty as charged. I hate the far, radical right and make no apologies for it.

Damn right I hate them. I'd like to beat the far right to a bloody pulp

I'd like to stomp the far right's collective face in

So yes I hate the far right, and I don't consider it to be a "knee jerk" hatred but rather a  well founded hate

One thing I will agree with you upon, Mr. Mean Machine...you ARE full of hate.

Which makes one of your last comments almost laughable:

Seems to me that the knee jerk hate is mostly a far right thing

Like I put above...   Thumbdown

He really blew his case, speaking about violence being wrong and then threatening conservatives.   And he blew it on a few other things:

Posted by Mean Machine

Then we had DUHHHHbya who didn't even win the election, since gore got about 500,000 more votes than he did, but the far right expected us to all fall in line behind their president and if we didn't we were traitors and unamerican.

Yeah, and then we had ACORN and fraudulent voter registration, and a Department Of Justice who refused to punish the New Black Panther Party for violating the Voter Rights Act of 1965. Oh no, race didn't play any cards there...And now we have cries of "racism",  "terrorist" and any other BS piece of crap the left throws at those who disagree with Obama. 

And then this one:

Now we have another democrat in office, and once aain the far right is at it, with their cries for "Impeachment" and "kenyan birth" ane "OMAMA IS HITLER!!!". Now they're talking about armed uprisings and revoltutions or secessions if they don't get their way..

Accusations of revolution? That's funny coming from people who worship radicals who initiated their own revolutions, (and murder) like Mao and Che Guevara. One of Obama's czars went as far as calling the Chavez regime "brilliant."

As to 'Obama is Hitler'...the Left made the same comparisons for 8 years of Dubya, and used their own sense of "patriotism" as their inner theme to do so (even though they loathe patriotism) and basically did the same thing they now accuse the Right of.

I see them walking around in their "SPAY AND NEUTER LIBERALS! Partnership for a liberal free america" shirts. I see them threatening to shoot elected lawmakers who vote for healthcare reform...

And in Hollywood and L.A. people hung effigies of Sarah Palin and John McCain from nooses outside their homes, and got away with it under Free Speech.   

And it dosen't stop there..we had the murder of Pro-Lifer James Pouillon, by a Pro-Choice man in Owosso, Michigan, that got shoved aside and ignored as the murder of Dr. George Tiller made big headlines, as they most likely privately laughed their asses off at Pouillon's murder. Both men murdered for their beliefs, but only ONE gets addressed as wrongdoing and terroristic.

And then the grand finale:

Damn right I hate them. I'd like to beat the far right to a bloody pulp, personally, for their refusal to accept an election that doesn't go their way and their demand that everyone follow their president when one gets elected.  I'd like to stomp the far right's collective face in for deciding to sabotage and overthrow democracy when it doesn't go their way, and I make no apologies for it.

I actually hope they try pulling some sort of revolt just to see them crushed and the survivors imprisoned.

This is a hell of a message of progressive love and harmony, isn't it?

Aaannnd....the curtain call:

Seems to me that the knee jerk hate is mostly a far right thing, the well founded hate is more something the left has for the people who seem to want to turn america into a christian conservative theocratic dictatorship where only the christian conservatives can run, be elected, have power, etc.

This is their big one...funny that they claim to hate only the "extreme" elements, and then come down on the more normal conservatives every time they have a dissenting opinion.

Look at how Obama wants to re-instate the Fairness Doctrine and couple it to Internet Neutrality.  All aimed at silencing critics and preventing the news from getting out unless it's sponsored by state-run media.  And yet they say we're attacking THEIR right to speak...

Malatu na nou karan.
Truth is our armor.

Malatu na bala
Truth is power.

Umaril The Unfeathered

« Reply #35 on: September 26, 2010, 11:55:23 PM »

Other than "Mean Machine", this has been an interesting and respectful thread.  As far as MM goes, his political bigotry and hatefulness is now out there for all to see.

Agreed.

Malatu na nou karan.
Truth is our armor.

Malatu na bala
Truth is power.

indianasmith
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #36 on: September 27, 2010, 06:28:30 AM »

And did you catch his ignorance of our constitution?  Something about how Bush should not have won because Gore got a half million more votes.  Under our system, the winner of the ELECTORAL VOTE, not the POPULAR vote, becomes President.  It has been that way in every election since 1788.  Now, as far as popular votes go, GWB got more in number and percentage in 2000 than Clinton got in either 1992 or 1996, when he was elected President with 42% and 46%, respectively.  Bush's numbers in 2000 were along the lines of 48.9 percent, with 49.1 or so going to Gore and the rest to Nader and the other fringe candidates.

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
3mnkids

« Reply #37 on: September 27, 2010, 08:11:14 AM »

Yeah, and then we had ACORN and fraudulent voter registration, and a Department Of Justice who refused to punish the New Black Panther Party for violating the Voter Rights Act of 1965. Oh no, race didn't play any cards there...And now we have cries of "racism",  "terrorist" and any other BS piece of crap the left throws at those who disagree with Obama.

http://mediamatters.org/research/201007070020

Accusations of revolution? That's funny coming from people who worship radicals who initiated their own revolutions, (and murder) like Mao and Che Guevara. One of Obama's czars went as far as calling the Chavez regime "brilliant."

You're a Beck fan, arent you?

As to 'Obama is Hitler'...the Left made the same comparisons for 8 years of Dubya, and used their own sense of "patriotism" as their inner theme to do so (even though they loathe patriotism) and basically did the same thing they now accuse the Right of.

What an asinine statement.

And in Hollywood and L.A. people hung effigies of Sarah Palin and John McCain from nooses outside their homes, and got away with it under Free Speech. 

And lots of people at McCain/Palin rallies brought monkeys and shouted kill him.. whats your point? That stupid people do stupid things?

And it dosen't stop there..we had the murder of Pro-Lifer James Pouillon, by a Pro-Choice man in Owosso, Michigan, that got shoved aside and ignored as the murder of Dr. George Tiller made big headlines, as they most likely privately laughed their asses off at Pouillon's murder. Both men murdered for their beliefs, but only ONE gets addressed as wrongdoing and terroristic.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_162-12001-504083.html
Obama called last week's shooting of Pouillon "deplorable" in a two-sentence statement.

"Whichever side of a public debate you're on, violence is never the right answer," Obama said in the statement.

And most likely laughed their asses off? This is not the first time you have implied that the left would get some kind of pleasure out of someones misfortune... Im not happy when anyone is murdered.. You are projecting.

Look at how Obama wants to re-instate the Fairness Doctrine and couple it to Internet Neutrality.  All aimed at silencing critics and preventing the news from getting out unless it's sponsored by state-run media.  And yet they say we're attacking THEIR right to speak

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009/02/18/white-house-obama-opposes-fairness-doctrine-revival/
Obama has NEVER said he wanted to reinstate the fairness doctrine.. Just the opposite.

As far as Mean Machine goes, their post are pretty extreme but not anymore extreme than Umaril The Unfeathereds. According to him the left are radicals who are unpatriotic(loathe patriotism actually) and who laugh when people are murdered.  Lookingup

There's no worse feeling than that millisecond you're sure you are going to die after leaning your chair back a little too far~ ruminations
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #38 on: September 27, 2010, 02:09:22 PM »

Okay, everybody, calm down.  Remember, political discussions are not welcome here, merely tolerated. 
Let's all cool our jets before yet another thread is locked for discourteous discourse. 
Thank you!  Smile Thumbup

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
indianasmith
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #39 on: September 27, 2010, 07:48:31 PM »

Umaril goes over the top from time to time, but he's still my bud.

I don't know that you can put his digs in the same category as Mean Machine's though.

I hear these stories promulgated on the Left about hate signs, shouts of "kill him" etc., but I rarely see any proof.  Oft times they are proven false altogether.

For example, when John Lewis (a man I genuinely respect for his heroic work in the 1960's) and other members of the Congressional Black Caucus claimed they were showered with racist epiphets as they walked through a crowd of anti-Health Care Bill demonstrators.  Several cameras covered that walk from different angles, and not one of them picked up a single racial slur.   One of the organizers of the Tea Party offered a hefty reward to someone who could find even ONE racial epiphet in that video sequence, and so far it goes unclaimed.

Not to say the right doesn't have its wing-nuts.  Every political movement has some.  But it seems to me the average level of discourse on the left is, generally speaking, more profane, more vicious, and more hateful than MOST of what comes from the right.

Michael Savage and Mark Levin notwithstanding!

And, that being said, I don't buy into the myth that liberals secretly lust after the destruction of capitalism and the downfall of America.  I mean, there are SOME that do, especially in academia where Marxism seems to have never lost its luster (I can never understand that; the academics are among the first to be stood against a wall when Communism takes over).  But by and large, I think liberals are sincere, compassionate people with a great desire to help their fellow man.  Sadly, most of the ways they propose to do so are disastrously wrong.

But they MEAN well! TeddyR

Lotsa love to all our resident libs, and to my buddy Umaril!

Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #40 on: September 27, 2010, 08:22:36 PM »

...Not to say the right doesn't have its wing-nuts.  Every political movement has some.  But it seems to me the average level of discourse on the left is, generally speaking, more profane, more vicious, and more hateful than MOST of what comes from the right.
This thread'll get locked yet.  NOW I'm annoyed.  Though I believe ONE war justified, let me say to you that two wars, maiming and killing U.S. servicemen, is what's hateful.  Slap a label on me, if you must, but get off the bandwagon, Indy.  You're too smart to be that stupid.

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
The Gravekeeper
addicted to the macabre
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #41 on: September 27, 2010, 10:45:49 PM »

I dunno...while I'm generally left-leaning (left-of-center on a spectrum; I think both sides have good ideas that can mesh well together), I see the same level of hateful bile coming from both sides. On top of that, both sides accuse the other of being hateful and unjust all the time. It's kind of annoying and is honestly starting to get me interested in learning more about anarchy.
Jim H

« Reply #42 on: September 27, 2010, 11:36:55 PM »

Hmm...  It appears to me both sides are seeing it how they want to.  I will say the public figures on the right spew a lot more bile than the ones on the left.  Maybe it is just the ones I happen to see though.  I mean, Hannity called liberals evil in the title if his book
  I dunno.

Wait, what were we talking about again?   TongueOut
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #43 on: September 28, 2010, 10:55:38 AM »

From my perspective both the right and the left stereotype the other side, use inflammatory rhetoric, and are incapable of seeing their own faults and blemishes in equal measure. 

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Mean Machine
« Reply #44 on: September 28, 2010, 02:52:19 PM »

People who claim that the left was as bad during bush's terms as the right are being during Obams' areeither lying or stupid.

Al Gore called george bush his commander in chief during the early days of the iraq invasion and occupation, before we realized that bush had lied about every issue leading up to that illegal war as a show of patriotism and solidarity. Has the right ever shown such loyalty to Obama?

Were were the left wing protestors carrying signs saying "Spay and neuter conservatives!" (An idea I'm beginning to find attractive, I might add.)

Did a liberal cut the gas line at someone's home while his family was in it because they thought he was a senator who'd voted for a bush initiative?

Where were the liberals threatening to shoot members of congress who voted for bush initiatives?

Did a liberal ever spit on a conservative member of congress on camera?

Did a liberal governor of a liberal state ever talk about secession after bush got into the white house?

Did the democrats even stop the funding of the military because they didn't like a provision in the bill like the republicans just did?

A rightie here accused the left of "knee jerk" hatred of the right. I don't deny hating the right and hoping it gets crushed soon, but I do object to the term "knee jerk" as it implies unjustified.

I believe my hate of the right is fully justified by their hypocritical, arrogant behavior and their open intent to sabotage democracy every time it doesn't go their way, plus their constant lies about everything and everyone who disagrees with them.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Press Releases and Film News  |  Witchcraft comments from past haunt Christine O’Donnell « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.