Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 11:35:50 AM
714402 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  BadMovies.org Netflix streaming movie night? « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10
Author Topic: BadMovies.org Netflix streaming movie night?  (Read 48604 times)
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #45 on: October 23, 2010, 07:34:21 AM »

Don't forget to punch him Paquita   TeddyR

So, Star Pilot?  Sounds like it might be fun.  A guy on Netflix says "Imagine the dubbing quality of a bad Japanese monster movie combined with Ed Wood's frenetic dream of the perfect film, and you'll have some idea of what you're in for."    Thumbup

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #46 on: October 24, 2010, 06:42:51 AM »

Watched Star Pilot last night.  Started out pretty dull but the last half hour was entertaining enough - mostly due to the sexy space "uniforms" the girls were wearing  TeddyR  It was sort of an interesting twist ending, rather unexpected in such a cheeseball movie.  I guess back in those days they used to write their own endings, instead of just following the formula that every other B movie "writer" follows these days.  The beginning reminded me of an old Godzilla movie, except with a hot girl filling in for the annoyingly loud male child character, which was very much appreciated.  Still, that part was so bad it was just bad.  Not bad enough to get me to turn it off though.  Overall, not a bad effort.  Probably not on the same level as stuff like Wild Wild Planet or The Snow Devils, but it was an interesting curiosity and I'm glad I saw it   Thumbup

Oh, how could I forget - did they splice 5 minutes of a completely different movie into the middle of this thing?   BounceGiggle BounceGiggle
« Last Edit: October 24, 2010, 06:45:05 AM by Jack » Logged

- Paulo Coelho
Paquita
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #47 on: October 24, 2010, 08:06:27 PM »

We tried watching it last night too, but we had company and it was kind of hard to follow, so we're going to catch it again.  You're right though, it did start kind of slow so my attention drifted away, but then I looked up and saw space gorillas and a girl in fishnet body suit and fluffy bikini and decided I needed to give it another try!  So I'll probably be checking it out again later today!
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #48 on: October 25, 2010, 06:45:04 AM »

The fishnet body suit kind of renewed my interest in it as well   TeddyR  The alien commander called it her "uniform"...what a military that must be   Buggedout

- Paulo Coelho
Skull
« Reply #49 on: October 25, 2010, 01:21:38 PM »

The fishnet body suit kind of renewed my interest in it as well   TeddyR  The alien commander called it her "uniform"...what a military that must be   Buggedout

I'm still trying to find out why advance aliens walk around naked.  Buggedout

I've dont know if you noticed Jack... under the title of the movie Star Piot in the beginning is dated 1977...

Also the story seemed to fit very well with Alfonso Brescia's War of the Robots (1978)... Have to watch it for a second time.
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #50 on: October 26, 2010, 07:41:48 AM »

According to Netflix "Originally titled 2+5: Missione Hydra, the Italian sci-fi was renamed and rereleased in 1977 to cash in on the Star Wars craze."

So, both '66 and '77 are correct I guess  TeddyR

I'll have to check out War of the Robots some day, I guess it's on a double feature DVD with War of the Planets.

- Paulo Coelho
Skull
« Reply #51 on: October 27, 2010, 09:10:31 AM »

lol... I own Cosmos: War of the Planets and War of the Robots on the same DVD set, I think I'd paided 10 to 15 dollars. I love them both for being over the top silly. I've also picked up Space Odyssey (which is part 3 in the series) for 1 dollar.

Although I have not seen Beast in Space (which is part 4 in the series)... I have it somewhere on the Netflix queue.

I've tried watching the movie for a second time (I did fell asleep somewhere when the ship launched into space and before it landed). I'm assuming 30 minutes or so. Yep, the story does fit very well with the Alfonso Brescia's space movies that I'd actually though he made Space Piot but he didnt, Director Pietro Francisci did...

I'll try to ketch the missing gap sometime this week.

My review...

Sexy women in fishnets space suits cannot keep a boring space story interesting. Somewhere in the boring space story is Casey Kasem... somewhere...

Oh, any ides for another movie? Or should I pick one?
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #52 on: October 27, 2010, 12:40:23 PM »

Your turn to pick one Skull   TeddyR 

- Paulo Coelho
Skull
« Reply #53 on: October 27, 2010, 02:27:40 PM »

Halloween weekend and I get to pick... wow the pressure is on... :)

Skull
« Reply #54 on: October 28, 2010, 09:46:40 AM »

Ok, I'll list a few and see what happens...

Rumpelstiltskin
The Initiation of Sarah
Jaws of Satan
Contamination .7
Nightmare in Blood
Monster Dog 
Blood and Lace

I believe my wife picked a few but I cannot remember the names... :(

Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #55 on: October 28, 2010, 01:30:10 PM »

Most of those look pretty darned good.  I'm kind of drawn to Monster Dog, from watching a clip on Youtube it looks like it's got a great '80s horror feel to it. 

Whaddya think?  If you want to pick a different one, please feel free - like I said, I'd be happy with any of them  TeddyR

- Paulo Coelho
Skull
« Reply #56 on: October 28, 2010, 02:34:46 PM »

Most of those look pretty darned good.  I'm kind of drawn to Monster Dog, from watching a clip on Youtube it looks like it's got a great '80s horror feel to it.  

Whaddya think?  If you want to pick a different one, please feel free - like I said, I'd be happy with any of them  TeddyR

This weeks movie is: Monster Dog

lol... we watch Monster Dog several months back on the THIS channel and it very was so fun but Edited and Loaded with commericals...

Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #57 on: October 29, 2010, 07:05:00 AM »

I can't even watch movies on broadcast TV any more.  I was trying to watch a horror movie on AMC and right during the scary part, a pop-up ad says "remain calm".  What the...?!?!  It was the beginning of an ad for their new show Walking Dead, which ran for the entire length of the scary part of the movie I was trying to watch.  Lookingup 

And then lets cut away from the dark, foreboding terror for five minutes of the Geico Gecko and Vikings with Capitol One cards.

- Paulo Coelho
Skull
« Reply #58 on: October 29, 2010, 09:09:00 AM »

lol...

I dont understand how but we cannot fast forward any movies recorded on "THIS" thru our DVR. It's insane that the commericals are focused towards old people with "pee" problems, thinking of death and then woman on birth control and maybe something neat to buy like a super lazer pen that makes glowing in the dark items much brighter...

*My Glow Pen Rant (or whatever the name)*

I've actually order this item and many, many, many, many, many months later I get a replay telling me their orders are behind and if I would like to keep the order.

I said ok...

So many, many, many, many months later I get another replay saying thay cannot fill the order.

Hatred

Skull
« Reply #59 on: November 01, 2010, 11:49:43 AM »

Actually Monster Dog was much better on Netflix then on "THIS"

Monster Dog is a very cool werewolf movie that is more geared towards pre American werewolf in London since the focus isn’t on the character transforming into the werewolf (at least until the ending of the movie). It also had more of an Italian feel (the music, clothing, actors except for Alice Cooper all seemed from Italy) although my wife pointed out the movie was Spanish... (Hmmm... Spanish and Werewolf... No Paul Naschy??? How could this be... although I have only seen one Paul Naschy werewolf move and for some oddball reason Frankenstein's Bloody Terror keeps coming in the mail broken  Bluesad )

Viewing this movie for a second time, I'm more convinced that Monster Dog was movie project not intended for Alice Cooper to star. I think Alice Cooper was talked into making a music video as rock singer Vincent Raven, and the story is about the people working on the video or taking a vacation from their hard work. I’ve seen several other films made in the 1980’s that also has Rock Stars in smaller cameo’s (Adam Ant, Ozzy Osbourne)  and similar plot and I think Monster Dog is typically similar to those movies. Since I’m guessing here; I think Alice Cooper somehow enjoyed working with the director and got himself into starring the movie. Therefore explaining why Alice Cooper is the only American Actor in this film and the director adjusted the script for Alice Cooper.

One day, I would like to ask Alice Cooper how he got into Monster Dog. I think there is a fun background story to this movie.

Ok lots of guessing… Fun movie to watch on Halloween Night… :)

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  BadMovies.org Netflix streaming movie night? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.