Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 10:57:11 AM
714526 Posts in 53098 Topics by 7744 Members
Latest Member: MichelFran
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  BadMovies.org Netflix streaming movie night? « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10
Author Topic: BadMovies.org Netflix streaming movie night?  (Read 48639 times)
HorrorFreak
Dedicated Viewer

Who Will Survive and What Will Be Left From Them?

« Reply #75 on: November 05, 2010, 06:13:16 AM »

Thanks!
So which one are we going to see?
Hot T-Shirts sounds good...  TongueOut
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #76 on: November 05, 2010, 06:24:17 AM »

Thanks for the heads up Claws.  Another bigfoot movie to avoid is Among Us (2004).  I made the mistake of not avoiding it  TeddyR

HorrorFreak - I guess we're going to watch The Shape of Things To Come this weekend, and Hot T-Shirts next weekend.  I'm looking forward to it as well  Smile

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #77 on: November 08, 2010, 07:25:39 AM »

Watched The Shape Of Things To Come last night.  Very much a Buck Rogers in the 25th Century type thing, except Buck always managed to have good pacing from beginning to end.  This started off with a bang, but then it shifted into low gear and pretty much stayed there for the remainder of the movie.  When they went to Earth to spend ten minutes with the children in the fright wigs I kind of knew it was hittin' the skids.  Pretty good characters, though too darned silly.  I liked the casting - Barry Morse played Dr. Victor Bergman in Space 1999, so it was nice to see him in a starring role.  And Eddie Benton was the bad girl in Prom Night;  definitely a different role here lol.  Wonder what possessed them to name the senator Smedley?   Watching those ridiculous robots waddle around and the even more ridiculous humans hitting them with medieval "weapons"...I mean, c'mon, you guys haven't got a single laser gun?  This is the future for pete's sake!

Still, entertaining enough.  Nice little slice of late '70s cheese.

- Paulo Coelho
Skull
« Reply #78 on: November 08, 2010, 12:14:19 PM »

wow... I was telling my wife it was like Buck Rogers... :)

Maybe because Jack Palance played in one or 2 of the Buck Rogers episodes...

here is Jack in Buck Rogers

and here is Jack in The Shape Of Things To Come

I've heard stories how this movie has nothing to do with HG Wells story, although I have not read the HG Wells book but I did seen Things to Come; the 1936 film and was judge The Shape Of Things To Come to the 1936 film...

though the only part that The Shape Of Things To Come was similar towards Things to Come is within the first 10 minutes of the movie... or it could be the first 5 minutes... anyway the outside window of the office in the 1979 movie seemed to match the future world in the 1936 film; though I believe it wasnt a backdrop but an actually outside scene, of some future looking building in the late 1970's. (but I could be wrong)

As for the movie itself, it was quite typical towards a Buck Rogers story... without Buck. I think the fun part of the story was towards the end as Jack was wearing a waterbottle on his head.

Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #79 on: November 08, 2010, 03:08:44 PM »

I think the fun part of the story was towards the end as Jack was wearing a waterbottle on his head.

I loved that water bottle, I was like "No, you're not actually going to put that on your head, are you?!?!" BounceGiggle BounceGiggle BounceGiggle  At least it's a futuristic water bottle  TeddyR  Kind of looks like the water reservoir from a carpet cleaner or something.

- Paulo Coelho
Skull
« Reply #80 on: November 08, 2010, 03:49:44 PM »

It looks like one of these things were placed upon his head...  BounceGiggle

or maybe the plastic cylinder on a dyson vacuum... although dyson vacuums would be many, many years after the film was made so "The Shape Of Things To Come" could be foreseeing the future  Buggedout

Paquita
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #81 on: November 09, 2010, 08:59:32 AM »

Now that we got that out of the way.. time for HOT T-SHIRTS!!!!!!
MrMari

Keepin' my pimp hand strong since 1975.

« Reply #82 on: November 09, 2010, 10:56:42 AM »

Now that we got that out of the way.. time for HOT T-SHIRTS!!!!!!

Agreed! I will be watching this weekend fo sho'.

Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #83 on: November 09, 2010, 11:26:05 AM »

I'm pretty sure I know where the front end of their spaceship came from:

- Paulo Coelho
Trekkie313
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #84 on: November 11, 2010, 01:58:34 AM »

Has anyone watched Shock Waves?
Trekkie313
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #85 on: November 11, 2010, 04:42:01 PM »

I watched Shock Waves...good premise and a few decent actors, including Peter Cushing. Downside is I could barely make out most of the dialog, the film has no blood, too slow and the music gets annoying. Netflix desperately needs subtitles.
Flangepart

« Reply #86 on: November 12, 2010, 11:12:55 AM »

Wish I could joint in...(sigh)
Be really cool if you could do a real time Rifffest like the ones MST3K did a long time ago. Subtitles showed up as the film played along.
MST3K The Home Game, I believe it was called.

"Aggressivlly eccentric, and proud of it!"
Skull
« Reply #87 on: November 12, 2010, 01:18:27 PM »

Be really cool if you could do a real time Rifffest like the ones MST3K did a long time ago. Subtitles showed up as the film played along.

All you need to do is watch HOT T-SHIRTS this weekend and tell us what you think on Monday.
Trekkie313
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #88 on: November 13, 2010, 11:42:44 AM »

All you need to do is watch HOT T-SHIRTS this weekend and tell us what you think on Monday.

I couldn't stand the movie so I watched Shock Waves, is that alright?
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #89 on: November 15, 2010, 08:03:34 AM »

Watched Hot T-Shirts, that was about exactly what I would expect from a T&A movie from 1980.  Not real heavy on plot or characters  TeddyR  It kind of made me feel good to see the guy be so successful with keeping his bar in business.  Ah, the plight of small businessmen having to employ new marketing paradigms to overcome increased competition in the marketplace.  I can't imagine being a wet T-shirt contest judge, I'd vote for about half the contestants.  Really liked the college girls! 

- Paulo Coelho
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  BadMovies.org Netflix streaming movie night? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.