Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 08:18:53 AM
714465 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7743 Members
Latest Member: medikam
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Do You Like Hot Dogs? « previous next »
Poll
Question: Do You Like Hot Dogs?
YES!  They are the top of my food pyramid. - 4 (14.8%)
They're pretty good.  I have them once every few weeks. - 9 (33.3%)
Only at parties, cookouts ball games, etc. - 7 (25.9%)
I can't stand those meat sticks! - 1 (3.7%)
I've never had a hot dog. - 0 (0%)
DarkSider has a small "weiner". - 6 (22.2%)
Total Voters: 26

Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Do You Like Hot Dogs?  (Read 6062 times)
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« on: September 28, 2010, 09:50:12 AM »

Speaking mainly of your good ole fashioned hot dog.  I personally don't like them at all.  I used to eat them by the carton as a kid, maybe thats why. 

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2010, 09:54:30 AM »

nope, they're good
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2010, 10:11:19 AM »

I love hot dogs, although they will always come second to nature's perfect food, the hamburger. TeddyR

That said, I'm pretty fussy about which hot dogs I buy and how they should be prepared. I don't like them boiled, and I have yet to find a better all-around hot dog than the Schneider's Red Hot, which will probably mean nothing outside of Canada. Basic beef and pork hot dog, nice taste, not too tough in the skin, very smooth filling but also very firm. I hate mushy hot dogs, hot dogs with a tougher casing and hot dogs with any kind of visible chunks in the filling. Oddly enough, a lot of the "premium" hot dogs seem to fit one or more of those descriptions.

I tend to prefer minimal toppings. Mustard and relish, and occasionally the holy trinity of mustard, relish and ketchup. I also like just mustard and sauerkraut.

But I really don't feel compelled to eat hot dogs more than every couple of weeks.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2010, 10:18:44 AM by AndyC » Logged

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
dean
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2010, 10:34:24 AM »

Always looked forward to the ol' hotdog at baseball when I used to play, and from 7-11 when I was a kid on my lunch break at school etc.

Great snack, though I haven't had one in a while.  Crap on their own though: a bit o' tomato sauce and some mustard and you got yourself a great easy food to eat.

------------The password will be: Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2010, 10:35:33 AM »

I love hot dogs, but I eat fewer of them since I had my heart attack.  Most recently, I had one at the New England Patriots - Buffalo Bills game last Sunday.  Kayem was there giving them away free.

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
LilCerberus
A Very Bad Person, overweight bald guy with a missing tooth, and

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2010, 11:41:58 AM »

yes

"Science Fiction & Nostalgia have become the same thing!" - T Bone Burnett
The world runs off money, even for those with a warped sense of what the world is.
3mnkids

« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2010, 11:55:11 AM »

I like a grilled hot dog but hate boiled ones. There is something about the color, texture, and smell of hot dog that is boiled that makes me want to vomit.

These threads of yours are making me realize how weird I am about food.  TongueOut

There's no worse feeling than that millisecond you're sure you are going to die after leaning your chair back a little too far~ ruminations
Ed, Ego and Superego

« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2010, 12:13:54 PM »

I like most high sausagicity foods. THat includes dogs.
-Ed

Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?

Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2010, 12:37:16 PM »

Who's the SOB that said I have a small weiner?   BounceGiggle

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2010, 01:11:02 PM »

I have one just about every week.  Well, I usually have two actually.  If you get some nice tasty sausage ones they're pretty good.  Wife always buys the bland ones though  Bluesad  I also like the jalapeño hot dogs, or the ones with cheese inside. 

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
Hammock Rider

« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2010, 01:37:21 PM »

I have a preference for Chicago style which is: a steamed or water-simmered, kosher-style, all-beef frankfurter on a poppy seed bun. The hot dog is topped with yellow mustard, chopped white onions, sweet pickle relish (often a dyed neon-green variety, sometimes called piccalilli, a dill pickle spear, tomato slices or wedges, pickled sport peppers, and a dash of celery salt.The complete assembly of a Chicago hot dog is said to be "dragged through the garden" because of the unique combination of condiments.
        All Chicagoans are required to memorize that ingredient list in Kindergarten. Smile

Jumping Kings and Making Haste Ain't my Cup of Meat
venomx
« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2010, 04:20:13 PM »

YES!  They are the top of my food pyramid.

With... Xtra, Xtra, XTRA mustard, I'm a big fan.

When I'm not stopping a hotdog joint to grab a dog I make my own beer hotdogs... hotdogs and sourkraut slow cooked in a lite beer... THE BEST! Also, Italian  hotdogs are great too. (Hotdog with green peppers and potatos on a fresh Italian roll.)
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2010, 04:52:17 PM »

I have a preference for Chicago style which is: a steamed or water-simmered, kosher-style, all-beef frankfurter on a poppy seed bun. The hot dog is topped with yellow mustard, chopped white onions, sweet pickle relish (often a dyed neon-green variety, sometimes called piccalilli, a dill pickle spear, tomato slices or wedges, pickled sport peppers, and a dash of celery salt.The complete assembly of a Chicago hot dog is said to be "dragged through the garden" because of the unique combination of condiments.
        All Chicagoans are required to memorize that ingredient list in Kindergarten. Smile

I remember having one of those at Superdawg when my wife (still my girlfriend) and I went to Chicago for B-Fest in 2002. I tend toward simple hot dog toppings, but I do like Chicago-style dogs, and will occasionally go all-out with the condiments at home.

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #13 on: September 28, 2010, 05:08:05 PM »

I only eat beef or Turkey. Bluesad

yeah no.
Raffine

« Reply #14 on: September 28, 2010, 07:53:44 PM »

My monthly treat for myself for being a good boy and getting a haircut is a hotdog (mustard, onions, kraut) and a chocolate malt from the deli next door to my barber shop.

I once left the bag in my truck overnight and it smelled like hotdog and kraut for a month.

If you're an Andy Milligan fan there's no hope for you.
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Do You Like Hot Dogs? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.