Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 06:24:41 AM
712927 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Press Releases and Film News  |  The Fox primary: complicated, contractual « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Fox primary: complicated, contractual  (Read 4247 times)
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« on: September 27, 2010, 03:50:38 PM »

The Fox primary: complicated, contractual
With Sarah Palin, Newt Gingrich, Rick Santorum and Mike Huckabee all making moves indicating they may run for president, their common employer is facing a question that hasn’t been asked before: How does a news organization cover White House hopefuls when so many are on the payroll?

The answer is a complicated one for Fox News.

As Fox’s popularity grows among conservatives, the presence of four potentially serious Republican candidates as paid contributors is beginning to frustrate competitors of the network, figures within its own news division and rivals of what some GOP insiders have begun calling “the Fox candidates...” 

http://news.yahoo.com/s/politico/42745

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2010, 07:38:38 PM »

Put me down for Huckabee.  He is a class act all the way around.

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Umaril The Unfeathered
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Pelinal na vasha, racuvar! Sa yando tyavoy nagaia!

« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2010, 04:39:15 PM »

As well as a damn good bass player!  He uses his fingertips too, which is very talented!

How about a Huckabee-Norris ticket? Mike Huckabee for Pres, and Chuck Norris for VP.  And give Clint Eastwood his own police force.  Cheers

Tam-Riel na nou Sancremath.
Dawn's Beauty is our shining home.

An varlais, nou bala, an kynd, nou latta.
The stars are our power, the sky is our light.

Malatu na nou karan.
Truth is our armor.

Malatu na bala
Truth is power.

Heca, Pellani! Agabaiyane Ehlnadaya!
Be gone, outsiders! I do not fear your mortal gods!

Auri-El na nou ata, ye A, Umaril, an Aran!
Aure-El is our father, and I, Umaril, the king!
Jim H

« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2010, 05:28:34 PM »

I'm not positive I'd vote for him, but I'd MUCH rather he be our next president than the others.  Newt Gingrich is scummy and not trustworthy at all.  Sarah Palin is unqualified, inexperienced, and possibly a lunatic.  Santorum I don't like, and his comments about the priest situation are ludicrous and can best be described as ignorant and possibly as insulting and offensive.  Not to mention he's a prominent ID supporter. 

I might not agree with a lot of what Huckabee thinks (and the concept of an ex-Southern Baptist minister as president does give me pause), but looking at most of his track record, I think he tried hard as governor, did what he could, and would generally run things well if elected president.  Kids Who Kill is a bunch of crap though, let me tell you. 

Also, can Fox PLEASE get rid of its "Fair and Balanced" slogan?  You're not balanced when your network is sinking under the weight of 4 of the 5 Republican presidential candidates on exclusive agreements to speak only on your network.
indianasmith
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2010, 11:06:00 PM »

Put MSNBC on the other side of the scale and it balances FOX quite nicely!

I must admit, I don't get the hate for Palin.  I find her refreshing and likable and not loony at all.  Then again, I am one of those right wing radicals who actually believes in the Bible and the Constitution!!

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2010, 11:46:05 AM »

Put MSNBC on the other side of the scale and it balances FOX quite nicely!

I must admit, I don't get the hate for Palin.  I find her refreshing and likable and not loony at all.  Then again, I am one of those right wing radicals who actually believes in the Bible and the Constitution!!
Believing in the Bible and the Constitution has nothing to do with SARAH PALIN.  But then again, you're the man who also referred to DONALD RUMSFELD as "likable".   Lookingup 

« Last Edit: September 29, 2010, 12:58:07 PM by Allhallowsday » Logged

Umaril The Unfeathered

« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2010, 07:30:22 PM »

I must admit, I don't get the hate for Palin.  I find her refreshing and likable and not loony at all.  Then again, I am one of those right wing radicals who actually believes in the Bible and the Constitution!!

Oh you too, huh? Well as one beleaguered, misjudged individual to another, lemme' buy ya' a drink!  Cheers  Oh and you're my buddy too (to reply to your earlier post.)

Malatu na nou karan.
Truth is our armor.

Malatu na bala
Truth is power.

Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2010, 07:46:01 PM »

indianasmith
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2010, 08:09:54 PM »

Let me be straight:  Rummy was a disaster in terms of the way he waged the war in Iraq.  In a different war, against a different enemy, he might have been quite brilliant.  But as a human being - I watched numerous press conferences and interviews, and found him to be quite witty and charming.  Which is one reason I continued to believe in him as long as I did.

Come on . . . who could not love that face! TeddyR

Umaril The Unfeathered

« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2010, 08:25:00 PM »

Let me be straight:  Rummy was a disaster in terms of the way he waged the war in Iraq.  In a different war, against a different enemy, he might have been quite brilliant.  But as a human being - I watched numerous press conferences and interviews, and found him to be quite witty and charming.  Which is one reason I continued to believe in him as long as I did.

Come on . . . who could not love that face! TeddyR

Well, let's not put all the blame of the Rumster...the Clinton-era troop reductions seriously hindered our ability to have the right numbers for the job.  Pre-Clinton, I believe our troops were level at 2 million. Post-Clinton, we were overdrawn and over-extended on manpower and woefully underequipped.

Again, I believe this to be the accurate number, (In terms of Pre-Clinton troop levels) though I could be wrong.   In any case, the extra troops would have come in handy for border security in Iraq...foreign fighters from the other countries slowly and steadily inflitrated and destabilized the infrastructure.

More troops would have allowed for more border security, and a larger contingent to deal with Iraqi police training and internal command and control. We went in with a handful of troops and walked into a virtual anthill.  It could have been avoided.

Malatu na nou karan.
Truth is our armor.

Malatu na bala
Truth is power.

Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Press Releases and Film News  |  The Fox primary: complicated, contractual « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.