Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 10:51:13 AM
714526 Posts in 53098 Topics by 7744 Members
Latest Member: MichelFran
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Jackass 3D (2010) « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Jackass 3D (2010)  (Read 5957 times)
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« on: October 19, 2010, 10:40:35 PM »

So we get the latest 3D movie to hit the screen, and it's brought to us by the crew from Jackass. 

There's not much in the way of plot for the movie, so anyone looking for great acting would be disappointed, but if you're a fan of crude humor, stunts and pranks then it's the perfect flick.  There's quite a few stunts in it that don't really seem to pop in the way of 3-D, however there are quite a few that work wonderfully in the 3D format. 

Notably, the beginning of the flick, the ending, and scenes like the "Heli-co*kter" work well for 3D.  A lot of the stuff was pretty funny and left almost everyone in the theater laughing, despite the outrageousness of it. 

Lots of full frontal nudity, lots of poop, lots of vomit.  But, there's also appearances by Beavis and Butt-head, Rip Taylor, Tony Hawk, Seann William Scott, and some NFL players. 

If you've not seen Jackass before, it's worth seeing in the 3D format.  I know quite a few people who HATED the series but liked the movie.  Go figure.  Well done for what it is.

Best part for me: Midgets in A Bar....a bunch of midgets fighting in a bar, and the cops who intend to stop it are midget cops, and the paramedics are midget paramedics.  Anything with little people= greatness.

"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell."

Don’t get too close, it’s dark inside.
It’s where my demons hide, it’s where my demons hide.
Mr_Vindictive
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

By Sword. By Pick. By Axe. Bye Bye.

« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2010, 06:22:59 AM »

I've yet to see this newest entry into the Jackass trilogy, but I must say that I'm a fan.  The show was mediocre but these guys really go all out for the films.  It's excessive, over the top trash at it's best.  Great way to spend an hour and a half.  I'm curious to see if the 3D actually adds anything

A bald man named Savalas visited me last night in a dream.  I think it was a Telly vision.
Hammock Rider

« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2010, 08:14:33 AM »

I think it's the best of the "trilogy".

Jumping Kings and Making Haste Ain't my Cup of Meat
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2010, 08:52:04 AM »

I've yet to see this newest entry into the Jackass trilogy, but I must say that I'm a fan.  The show was mediocre but these guys really go all out for the films.  It's excessive, over the top trash at it's best.  Great way to spend an hour and a half.  I'm curious to see if the 3D actually adds anything
The 3D does add to the film, at least for certain stunts/pranks.  Notably, the beginning credits scene, the ending credits, and various stunts throughout like the "Rocky" skits, Poop Volcano, Jet Ski, and a few others.

The other skits/stunts don't really get anything added by the 3D, notably Teeball, Dirty Grandpa, Rollerblading with Buffalo, the Bees, and a few others.

If it's around your way, it's worth seeing in 3D for the hell of it, as there's nothing like Steve-O puking at you in the Third Dimension. BounceGiggle

Flick James

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2010, 01:40:53 PM »

I've never had any interest in Jackass. I kind of liked the old CKY videos, but I grew tired of those by the time Jackass came about. I'm no stranger to low-brow, but Jackass just doesn't do it for me.

I don't always talk about bad movies, but when I do, I prefer badmovies.org
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2010, 07:17:07 PM »

I've never had any interest in Jackass. I kind of liked the old CKY videos, but I grew tired of those by the time Jackass came about. I'm no stranger to low-brow, but Jackass just doesn't do it for me.
Love the CKY videos.  It's not unusual to see the members of CKY walking around.  They live 15 minutes or so from here.

jimmybob
Bad Movie Lover

Move over, let Jimi take over.

« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2010, 09:21:08 PM »

Tried to sneak into this with my buddies today, but they had a rent-a-cop standing at the door of the theatre taking IDs.

We bought tickets for Paranormal activity 2 and had to watch that. Ugh.

-Jimmybob

El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2010, 12:40:08 AM »

I never liked Jackass, I don't like it when people get hurt on PURPOSE for the purpose for entertainment. And I hate the new 3-D craze, Either see it in regular form or don't see it at all. Hatred
anyhow, I'm waiting for a Nitro Circus movie which is reportedly will come out in October of next year. TeddyR

yeah no.
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2010, 10:01:46 AM »

I never liked Jackass, I don't like it when people get hurt on PURPOSE for the purpose for entertainment. And I hate the new 3-D craze, Either see it in regular form or don't see it at all. Hatred
anyhow, I'm waiting for a Nitro Circus movie which is reportedly will come out in October of next year. TeddyR
I usually avoid 3D movies, but for this, I had to as I'm a fan of Jackass and felt it'd be the best way.  And not everything in Jackass is people getting hurt.  There's stuff where it's just pranks and skits.

And, admittedly I"m not overly familar with Circus, but doesn't that involve stunts and all that? Dont people get hurt?  I've only seen a few episodes and found out the crew behind Jackass produced it. Question

El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2010, 10:55:56 AM »

I usually avoid 3D movies, but for this, I had to as I'm a fan of Jackass and felt it'd be the best way.  And not everything in Jackass is people getting hurt.  There's stuff where it's just pranks and skits.

And, admittedly I"m not overly familar with Circus, but doesn't that involve stunts and all that? Dont people get hurt?  I've only seen a few episodes and found out the crew behind Jackass produced it. Question

Sometimes people gets hurt, but for the most part, it's usually doing stupid stunts with vehicles
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nitro_Circus

yeah no.
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2010, 12:17:30 AM »

What kinda got me into Jackass was I was a fan of Skateboarding and Bam Margera.  Bam lives here and had done the CKY videos.  What with him running around filming, it wasn't uncommon to see him doing things locally.  And, his brothers music (Jess Margera/drummer for CKY) has a large following in this area.

Sometimes people gets hurt, but for the most part, it's usually doing stupid stunts with vehicles
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nitro_Circus

Ah.  I saw some episodes of this on tv, but haven't followed it.  Didn't know there was a movie.

Ash

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2010, 07:47:09 PM »

Went to see this with some friends last night and loved it!
There were about 20-30 people in the theater and we were all busting our guts laughing.   TeddyR

I have to agree about the 3D not working so well in certain parts of the movie.  The parts that did work well were great.  The Helico*kter and especially the farting guy who blew one of those party noise makers was hilarious. 
My personal favorites were any scenes where someone gets hit and then they'd show it in slow motion.  The Rocky scenes where Bam would come up behind someone, throw water on their face with his left hand while simultaneously punching them in the face with a boxing glove on the other hand were awesome!
The High Five was also pretty good as was the corridor of hanging stun guns. (Electric Avenue)

The 3D glasses they gave us looked just like the glasses Drew Carey wears and they darkened the image considerably.  Everything was much darker than it should've been.
Theaters need to turn up the lamps on their projectors to compensate for the dark lenses some of these 3D glasses have. 
I hadn't been to a 3D movie in probably 20 years so it was a little disconcerting at first.  I thought I'd be able to get used to it but never really did.

I'll take regular 2D movies anyday over 3D.

I'm giving Jackass 3D 3 out of 4 stars.   Thumbup
« Last Edit: October 25, 2010, 07:49:58 PM by Ash » Logged
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #12 on: October 25, 2010, 10:33:11 PM »

Electric Avenue was great.

I loved the Midget Fight with the midget cops and midget paramedics.  Comedy gold.

Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #13 on: November 22, 2010, 01:18:18 AM »

I saw this yesterday ~ my first 3D film, believe it or not ~ and I enjoyed it very much, while trying not to puke sometimes.

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #14 on: November 24, 2010, 10:01:46 AM »

I saw this yesterday ~ my first 3D film, believe it or not ~ and I enjoyed it very much, while trying not to puke sometimes.
I'm guessing the parts with people pooping and vomiting- IN 3D!- no less got to you? BounceGiggle

Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Jackass 3D (2010) « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.