Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 04:09:52 AM
714392 Posts in 53096 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  McRib is back « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: McRib is back  (Read 6267 times)
claws
« on: October 25, 2010, 04:23:54 AM »

http://twitter.com/mcriblocator

Buggedout
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2010, 10:13:37 AM »

I noticed it on the menu at a McDonald's near my house.  I had one many years ago.  It was terrible. 

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
Hammock Rider

« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2010, 02:48:42 PM »

Small | Large

Jumping Kings and Making Haste Ain't my Cup of Meat
Ed, Ego and Superego

« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2010, 12:15:11 PM »

I actually like this fatty lump of processed meat.  Its a weakness I know.

Small | Large

Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?

Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes
3mnkids

« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2010, 04:17:36 PM »

I've never eaten one. They look like lincoln logs covered in goo. yuck.

There's no worse feeling than that millisecond you're sure you are going to die after leaning your chair back a little too far~ ruminations
The Burgomaster

« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2010, 08:00:06 AM »

I've never eaten one. They look like lincoln logs covered in goo. yuck.

They taste like pork fat covered in goo.  At least the ones they had years ago did.  Maybe they are "new and improved" now.  McDonald's has had a lot of interesting failures over the years.  Ones I remember are:

* The QLT (Quarter Pounder, Lettuce, and Tomato)
* The McDLT (I can't remember exactly what this was, but it was probably similar to the QLT)
* Shamrock Shakes (Do they still sell these around St. Patrick's Day?  I haven't seen them advertised in recent years)
* Lobster sandwich (you can eat the thing in one large bite . . . you need about 6 or 8 of them to fill you up)

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
Mr_Vindictive

By Sword. By Pick. By Axe. Bye Bye.

« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2010, 10:04:14 AM »

I made the trip to McDonalds last night and got myself a McRib.  Haven't had one in years.  Delicious!

A bald man named Savalas visited me last night in a dream.  I think it was a Telly vision.
Paquita

« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2010, 10:13:39 AM »

* Shamrock Shakes (Do they still sell these around St. Patrick's Day?  I haven't seen them advertised in recent years)

They still do them here!  I like the Shamrock Shakes!  Ok.. really, I order it because I like SAYING "Shamrock Shake", I'm not a huge fan of minty vanilla outside of my oral care products, but I like to imagine its made by leprechauns out of magical shamrocks and that makes it taste a little better.

I don't think they sell them everywhere though.  My friends lived in Atlanta for a while and there were no Shamrock Shakes, which they considered an outrage.
The Burgomaster

« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2010, 02:57:40 PM »

They still do them here!  I like the Shamrock Shakes!  Ok.. really, I order it because I like SAYING "Shamrock Shake", I'm not a huge fan of minty vanilla outside of my oral care products, but I like to imagine its made by leprechauns out of magical shamrocks and that makes it taste a little better.

I don't think they sell them everywhere though.  My friends lived in Atlanta for a while and there were no Shamrock Shakes, which they considered an outrage.

They must still have them around here . . . Boston has a huge Irish population and St. Patrick's Day is a very popular holiday.  Believe it or not, Suffolk County (which includes Boston) observes a phoney-baloney holiday called Evacuation Day which just happens to coincide with St. Patrick's Day.  It's a commemoration of a Revolutionary War event (but no one knows that . . . everyone just thinks government offices and schools are closed because it's St. Patrick's Day).  It's a scam, I tell you!  A scam!  If they will invent a holiday so they can celebrate St. Patrick's Day, then they MUST still have Shamrock Shakes around here!  But I digress . . .

vanlutz
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2010, 03:57:37 PM »

I just had one. I've loved the McRib from the first taste way back when.

What kind of meat is it? No one really knows. But, dang it's good.

Ed, Ego and Superego

« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2010, 04:06:52 PM »

I just had one. I've loved the McRib from the first taste way back when.

What kind of meat is it? No one really knows. But, dang it's good.

Krusty: Look... about the rib-wich... There aren't gonna be any more... The animal we made them from are now extinct...
Homer: The pig?
Otto: The cow?
Krusty: You're way off. Think smaller... think more legs!

Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?

Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes
BoyScoutKevin

« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2010, 05:35:52 PM »

Why? I didn't eat 'em before, so I doubt I eat 'em now, the next time I stop at a McDonald's. I must admit I do miss the DLT. That was a fairly decent hamburger (IMHO) and I wonder why it didn't last longer.
Raffine

« Reply #12 on: October 27, 2010, 06:32:27 PM »

The McDLT (I can't remember exactly what this was, but it was probably similar to the QLT)

I remember the McDLT. It was kinda weird: You got a two compartment container with the meat and bun in one side and the lettuce and tomato in the other. You were supposed to put the thing together when you were ready to enjoy your McDLT. "Keeps the hot side hot and the cold side cold" I believe was the tag.

Jason Alexander was a very enthusiastic fan:

Small | Large

Wait - shouldn't the cheese be on the 'hot' side? Don't most people prefer their American cheese slices melted rather than cold and slimy? No wonder this thing tanked.  Lookingup
« Last Edit: October 27, 2010, 06:41:43 PM by Raffine » Logged

If you're an Andy Milligan fan there's no hope for you.
Hammock Rider

« Reply #13 on: October 28, 2010, 08:48:17 AM »

* Shamrock Shakes (Do they still sell these around St. Patrick's Day?  I haven't seen them advertised in recent years)

They still do them here!  I like the Shamrock Shakes!  Ok.. really, I order it because I like SAYING "Shamrock Shake", I'm not a huge fan of minty vanilla outside of my oral care products, but I like to imagine its made by leprechauns out of magical shamrocks and that makes it taste a little better.

I don't think they sell them everywhere though.  My friends lived in Atlanta for a while and there were no Shamrock Shakes, which they considered an outrage.

They must still have them around here . . . Boston has a huge Irish population and St. Patrick's Day is a very popular holiday.  Believe it or not, Suffolk County (which includes Boston) observes a phoney-baloney holiday called Evacuation Day which just happens to coincide with St. Patrick's Day.  It's a commemoration of a Revolutionary War event (but no one knows that . . . everyone just thinks government offices and schools are closed because it's St. Patrick's Day).  It's a scam, I tell you!  A scam!  If they will invent a holiday so they can celebrate St. Patrick's Day, then they MUST still have Shamrock Shakes around here!  But I digress . . .

We get the Shamrock Shake in Chicago.  In the summer we also get something called Arctic Orange. I don't get the relationship between the Arctic and oranges and I don't think Mickey D's does either because there is nothing even remotely citrusy about it.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2010, 08:50:32 AM by Hammock Rider » Logged

Jumping Kings and Making Haste Ain't my Cup of Meat
venomx
« Reply #14 on: October 29, 2010, 11:40:24 AM »

I like the Angus burgers but its like 8 freakin bucks man.
I can buy a box of steak'ums and rolls for that much.
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  McRib is back « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.