Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 11:13:32 PM
714541 Posts in 53100 Topics by 7746 Members
Latest Member: Bluetoothicb
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  "The Green Slime" (1968) on DVD! « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: "The Green Slime" (1968) on DVD!  (Read 5526 times)
Andrew
Administrator
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I know where my towel is.

« on: October 27, 2010, 03:02:28 PM »

I can't believe it!  "The Green Slime" (1968) is finally getting a legitimate US DVD release via the Warner Archive Collection.  While the Archive Collection is not really a regular release, all of the titles I have ordered from them have been very good quality DVD-Rs.  Maybe there will be enough demand for this DVD to make the studio offer a true blue pressed release. 

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
JPickettIII
A BAD MOVIE IS A TERRIBLE THING TO WASTE!
Bad Movie Lover

HELP! WE ARE STUCK IN A GOOD MOVIE!!!

« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2010, 03:14:01 PM »

I had a discussion with someone on a different thread about this movie.  People swear that there was not a US release of the Green Slime but when I was commuting to Denver on a bus I rented this from Net Flix and watched it on my computer.  The only thing I can think of is that my computer played all of the regions (?) maybe.  I know I watched it on DVD.  Great movie.  I will definitely be ordering this one.   Cheers

Later,

John

\\\\\\\"Freedom is not free\"\\\\\\ or ///\"Where ever you go, there you are!\"///
major jay

« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2010, 03:38:29 PM »

Great movie.  I will definitely be ordering this one.   Cheers

Me too! Great special effects in this one. TeddyR
Newly remasterd and in widescreen. NICE!

peter johnson

« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2010, 06:08:52 PM »

I swear a girl broke up with me over this film - we watched it together on a late night Creature Feature in Virginia around '80 or so, and she just couldn't get past the threads holding up the Green Slime tentacles.  She saw the sort of thing I enjoyed & the relationship went downhill from there -
peter johnson/denny crane

I have no idea what this means.
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2010, 06:59:00 AM »

I had a discussion with someone on a different thread about this movie.  People swear that there was not a US release of the Green Slime but when I was commuting to Denver on a bus I rented this from Net Flix and watched it on my computer.  The only thing I can think of is that my computer played all of the regions (?) maybe.  I know I watched it on DVD.  Great movie.  I will definitely be ordering this one.   Cheers

Later,

John

Yeah I think most computers will play DVD's from any region, NTSC as well as PAL.  I'm happy this is finally getting released, I'll definitely be adding it to my collection  TeddyR

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
Andrew
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2010, 07:35:12 AM »

I swear a girl broke up with me over this film - we watched it together on a late night Creature Feature in Virginia around '80 or so, and she just couldn't get past the threads holding up the Green Slime tentacles.  She saw the sort of thing I enjoyed & the relationship went downhill from there -

It doesn't sound like she was your type anyhow.  How could anyone ever love a woman who doesn't appreciate rubber tentacle slime monsters?

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
JPickettIII
A BAD MOVIE IS A TERRIBLE THING TO WASTE!
Bad Movie Lover

HELP! WE ARE STUCK IN A GOOD MOVIE!!!

« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2010, 01:39:44 PM »

Sorry to hear about the loss.  I agree with Andrew, it just was not meant to be.  Thank god my wife tollerates the movies.  I have caught her laughing at some.  There is alway hope.

I wonder if there is a spont on E Harmony for bad movie lovers so we don't have more hearts being broken?  HHMMMM.

Later,

John

\\\\\\\"Freedom is not free\"\\\\\\ or ///\"Where ever you go, there you are!\"///
major jay

« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2010, 04:36:07 PM »

I found some screen caps of this on another sight. I'd say they look great for a dvr release (or even a dvd release). I tried to post them here, but alas it was thwarted by a low post count. 

Trekkie313
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2010, 09:07:22 AM »

I found some screen caps of this on another sight. I'd say they look great for a dvr release (or even a dvd release). I tried to post them here, but alas it was thwarted by a low post count. 

You can post it now.
Ed, Ego and Superego

« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2010, 12:50:44 PM »

Yee hah...one of my favorite rubber suit monsters and monster films. 
-Ed

Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?

Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes
major jay

« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2010, 04:02:43 PM »

I just watched it. To my eyes it looks perfect. As for the movie? It's really groovy, they have a nightclub up on their space station. I guess that's all you probably need to know. 

peter johnson

« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2010, 02:46:27 AM »

Ah, lucky me!!
My wife does in fact appreciate the badness -
We both love Ed Wood -

I have no idea what this means.
Andrew
Administrator

« Reply #12 on: November 12, 2010, 08:37:36 AM »

Katie tends to like the funky songs that pop up in b-movies better than the movies themselves.  "The Green Slime" is probably her favorite theme song of them all, which is saying something.

I remember watching this on TV when I was younger and being terrified of the monsters.  The one scene where they open the door and the man is there, electrocuted to death, had me petrified.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
Flangepart

« Reply #13 on: November 12, 2010, 11:05:50 AM »

TeddyR BounceGiggle YEE-HAH!
Finally, we may get this puppy on DvD. I feel...good about my life...

"Aggressivlly eccentric, and proud of it!"
Umaril The Unfeathered

Pelinal na vasha, racuvar! Sa yando tyavoy nagaia!

« Reply #14 on: November 12, 2010, 11:11:51 AM »

I just watched it. To my eyes it looks perfect. As for the movie? It's really groovy, they have a nightclub up on their space station. I guess that's all you probably need to know. 

I remember seeing The Green Slime many times on TV back in the day like the rest of you. I remember it had Italian bombshell Luciana Paluzzi in it, and the commander of the station was Richard Jaeckel, who I believe has now passed on.

As to the nightclub, that reminds me of The X From Outer Space. There was a nightclub in the space station in that one too. The people were making out and smoking and drinking, AND the girls were shown in the showers from the neck up. That was one raunchy movie.

Tam-Riel na nou Sancremath.
Dawn's Beauty is our shining home.

An varlais, nou bala, an kynd, nou latta.
The stars are our power, the sky is our light.

Malatu na nou karan.
Truth is our armor.

Malatu na bala
Truth is power.

Heca, Pellani! Agabaiyane Ehlnadaya!
Be gone, outsiders! I do not fear your mortal gods!

Auri-El na nou ata, ye A, Umaril, an Aran!
Aure-El is our father, and I, Umaril, the king!
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  "The Green Slime" (1968) on DVD! « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.