Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 04:07:54 AM
714392 Posts in 53096 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Thanksgiving 2010 « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Thanksgiving 2010  (Read 5179 times)
claws
« on: November 05, 2010, 09:59:09 AM »

Food Questionnaire  TeddyR

1. Where will you celebrate Thanksgiving this year?
2. Favorite Thanksgiving Appetizers?
3. Favorite Thanksgiving Sides?
4. Favorite Thanksgiving Desserts?
5. Least Favorite Thanksgiving food?
claws
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2010, 01:00:27 PM »

I might as well start.

At my sisters. We will meet early morning for breakfast (oven omelet) and start with the cooking afterwards.

I'll take anything that's good  Wink Last year we had brie with almonds and whole wheat crackers. We also served Cranberry-Apple Cider. Looks like we will be doing the same this year with an additional entree: pumpkin soup with roasted pumpkin seeds.

Green beans and creamed corn.

Pecan pie. This year we will serve pumpkin mousse as well.

Yams, but I don't mind sweet mashed potatoes though.
Ed, Ego and Superego
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2010, 05:39:55 PM »

1) as far from my in laws as humanly possible. Actually at friend's several hours away.
2) We don't do appetizers normally, but we did do shrimp cocktails once, taht was fun
3) Mashed spuds- Garlic
4) Cheese cake

Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?

Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2010, 07:13:50 PM »

Food Questionnaire  TeddyR

1.) At my Grandparent-inlaws

2.) Usually I eat a lot of cheese and crackers to start. Also chips/salsa.

3.) Honestly its a major tie because I like them all.  The stuffing my grandmother inlaw makes is second to none.  Mashed potatoes and gravy is quite lovely too.  My inlaws have a potato farm and their potatoes are quite distinct in flavor.  Of course, no meal is complete without a biscuit to dip into the gravy.

4.)  I'm one of few in the family though that loves cranberry sauce.  I just ate an entire can the other day just for a snack. I don't dig pies so I enjoy this as a dessert so to say.

5.) Squash, not my thing.  Along with the pies as mentioned above.  I'm not a pie guy. 

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2010, 08:52:00 PM »

1. Where will you celebrate Thanksgiving this year?  My parents; this may be the last year my mom is able to cook Thanksgiving dinner.

2. Favorite Thanksgiving Appetizers? I try not to fill up on appetizers.

3. Favorite Thanksgiving Sides?  Mashed potatoes with port gravy.

4. Favorite Thanksgiving Desserts? Usually too stuffed for desert.

5. Least Favorite Thanksgiving food?  Yams.  Do people really eat these?

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2010, 10:36:20 PM »

At this point, looking like here at home with my mom.  Which is fine, really, but the oven is incredibly small so it'll take especially long to cook the turkey, as the oven is vastly underpowered.

Whatever's around.  I generally only eat a small bowl of cereal and go the rest of the day without eating until dinner's ready.  And beer, cause I'm off so I drink, but that's not food. Wink

Stuffing, beans and corn.  Best part of the dinner.

Pumpking pie.  Only dessert I'll eat.

Believe it or not, Turkey.  It's the main course, usually, but I really only take a little bit.  Which is odd, as I generally like it the next day, cold, on a sandwich with some spicy mustard.  I'm odd like that.

"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell."

Don’t get too close, it’s dark inside.
It’s where my demons hide, it’s where my demons hide.
claws
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2010, 11:34:36 PM »

I just read about a Thanksgiving myth regarding stuffing: one should not eat the stuffing that was inside a overnight slow cooked turkey because it could be toxic.
I didn't even know people did that, the low overnight cooking. We used to stuff the bird and cook it, but not on low heat. These days we cook stuffing separately because it's less messy and just overall more convenient.

Here are all five Thanksgiving myths: http://yorubafilmstars.com/5-myths-about-thanksgiving-dinner/
Couchtr26

« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2010, 03:13:26 AM »

1. At home as is typical for me. 

2.  Appetizers usually I avoid, however, celery with blue cheese and paprika would be nice.  We usually do like cold vegetables and cheese plus deviled eggs (blah, more on them later).

3. Stuffing, homemade mashed potatoes, slow cooked greenbeans with bacon and dried cranberries, asparagus fried in bacon fat with lemon juice and pepper.  I also love the waldorf salad we do.  There are not many I don't like in this department. 

4. Pumpkin pie, it is addictive as can be for dessert. 

5. Deviled eggs and Ambrosia.  I like pineapple with orange and coconut but hate the marshmallow or whipped cream whatever the hell it is in there.  Deviled eggs I have never liked in all my life. 

Ah, the good old days.
3mnkids

« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2010, 10:06:10 AM »

1. Where will you celebrate Thanksgiving this year? At home. We dont have much family up here(none that I want to hang out with anyway) so Its just me, my husband, and the kids. That's it. I do miss the big get-togethers we had in FL with his family.  Bluesad

2. Favorite Thanksgiving Appetizers?  Dont do appetizers.

3. Favorite Thanksgiving Sides?  Stuffing

4. Favorite Thanksgiving Desserts?  Without a doubt, pumpkin pie  Twirling

5. Least Favorite Thanksgiving food?  Cranberry sauce. Its weird looking.

There's no worse feeling than that millisecond you're sure you are going to die after leaning your chair back a little too far~ ruminations
Paquita

« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2010, 09:31:42 PM »

1. Where will you celebrate Thanksgiving this year?  Our place!  I live upstairs from my mom, which used to be upstairs from my grandmother before she passed away, and everyone in the family just got used to coming here, so we've just been keeping the tradition alive.

2. Favorite Thanksgiving Appetizers?  Does the turkey I steal before it's put out count?  We normally don't have appetizers, but one year I got this wonderful pumpkin cheeseball from The Swiss Colony.  It was so darn good.  They don't have them anymore though

3. Favorite Thanksgiving Sides? Stuffing! I like yams too though as long as they're swimming in brown sugar, cinnamon and butter.

4. Favorite Thanksgiving Desserts? Pumpkin Pie!!!  But I really enjoy it best while viewing a sea of different pies.  Pumpkin mousse sounds good though!  I might try to make that.

5. Least Favorite Thanksgiving food? gravy and green bean casserole
Torgo

« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2010, 02:18:15 PM »

1. Where will you celebrate Thanksgiving this year? At one of my sisters' house.
2. Favorite Thanksgiving Appetizers? I usually just taste test the dishes being cooked!
3. Favorite Thanksgiving Sides? Stuffing, Mac 'n' Cheese, corn, sweet potatoes
4. Favorite Thanksgiving Desserts? PUMPKING PIE with way too much whipped cream.
5. Least Favorite Thanksgiving food? Cranberry sauce or cranberry stuff of any sort.

"There is no way out of here. It'll be dark soon. There is no way out of here."
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2010, 06:37:21 PM »

1) My house
2) My uncle's EXTREME!!!! garlic bread
3) Smash tater!
4) PUMPKIN PIE/ PECAN PIE/ BANANA SPLIT/ RED VELVET CAKE
5) Cheesy Carrots/ midgies.

yeah no.
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2010, 01:35:33 AM »

1. Where will you celebrate Thanksgiving this year? In an old Victorian in Asbury Park NJ

2. Favorite Thanksgiving Appetizers? Paquita...Wink  I mean the turkey before dinner...

3. Favorite Thanksgiving Sides? Sausage stuffing, mashed turnip, candied yams, mashed potatoes and turkey gravy.  And I like Jellied Cranberry Sauce (not that saucy kind that has the fiber and berry skins in it... Hatred)

4. Favorite Thanksgiving Desserts? I don't really like dessert, but I'll eat a pun'kin pie if the crust is right.   

5. Least Favorite Thanksgiving food? Creamed onions... or that Green Bean crapa with the creama soup can anna crispy canna fried onions...Lookingup  blech TongueOut  Bluesad

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
Hammock Rider

« Reply #13 on: November 09, 2010, 09:36:51 AM »

1. Where will you celebrate Thanksgiving this year? I'm not really sure. Possibly Denny's.

2. Favorite Thanksgiving Appetizers? Taste Tester.

3. Favorite Thanksgiving Sides? Just about all of them. I do especially relish a good carb though.

4. Favorite Thanksgiving Desserts? The traditonal pumpkin pie.

5. Least Favorite Thanksgiving food?  :thumbdown:Brussell Sprouts.  Thumbdown

Jumping Kings and Making Haste Ain't my Cup of Meat
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #14 on: November 09, 2010, 12:34:44 PM »

Food Questionnaire  

1. Where will you celebrate Thanksgiving this year? - My parents' house

2. Favorite Thanksgiving Appetizers? - My mother makes a turkey escarole soup with meatballs and small raviolis in it.  We usually eat this around noon and then the main meal is generally somewhere between 2 and 4 o'clock.

3. Favorite Thanksgiving Sides? - Mashed potatoes and gravy.  My mother also mixes carrot and turnip together and that is very good (especially if you sprinkle some black pepper on it).

4. Favorite Thanksgiving Desserts? - Pecan Pie or Apple Ppie.

5. Least Favorite Thanksgiving food? - Cranberry sauce.

« Last Edit: November 09, 2010, 03:17:54 PM by The Burgomaster » Logged

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Thanksgiving 2010 « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.