Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 01:02:01 AM
712922 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  you've seen the sequel/s, but not the original... « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: you've seen the sequel/s, but not the original...  (Read 17645 times)
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #15 on: November 19, 2010, 03:48:41 PM »

Highlander
I've seen The Final Dimension and Endgame, Endgame blows so much.

Repeat after me: Highlander did not have sequels....Highlander did not have sequels....

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
Trekkie313
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #16 on: November 19, 2010, 05:09:36 PM »

Highlander
I've seen The Final Dimension and Endgame, Endgame blows so much.

Repeat after me: Highlander did not have sequels....Highlander did not have sequels....

Well, The Final Dimension and the "fixed" version of Highlander 2 are passable.
100Nights
Connoisseur of B-Cinema
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #17 on: January 25, 2011, 09:34:52 AM »

Normally i would never watch a sequel without watching its predicessor
I finally broke that when I saw Silent Night Deadly Night 2 without seeing 1
I had copies of both, and 1 would not play, so my bad movie group just decided we would press forward to 2
lucky for us, 2 is about 75% rehash of 1.

**GARBAGE DAY!!**

100 Nights: We suffer so you don't have to.
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #18 on: January 25, 2011, 09:37:59 AM »

TeddyR TeddyR

Trevor: "But I saw Highlander 2 and it wasn't that bad [gets hit on head by Andy] OWWWW!" Buggedout

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #19 on: January 25, 2011, 09:09:18 PM »

I saw FRANKENSTEIN MEETS THE WOLFMAN long I saw the WOLFMAN or any FRANKENSTEIN films...or any horror film at all,for that matter! It was the first horror film I had ever seen.
I saw BILLY JACK long before I saw the BORN LOSERS.
Iv'e seen many Paul Naschy werewolf movies-but never his first one-The NIGHT OF THE WOLFMAN (1968).

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Doggett
Bustin' makes me feel good !
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I've seen things you people couldn't imagine...

« Reply #20 on: January 26, 2011, 11:20:00 AM »

Star Trek sequels.
Seen 'em all.

But I still haven't seen ST: TMP

Well, not more than 40 mins...
Its so dull...

If God exists, why did he make me an atheist? Thats His first mistake.
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #21 on: January 26, 2011, 02:11:39 PM »

The Killer Tomato series. Seen the sequels, not the original.

Also, did see Sleepaway Camp 2&3 long before seeing the original.

"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell."

Don’t get too close, it’s dark inside.
It’s where my demons hide, it’s where my demons hide.
JayJayM12
Regulary relieves himself on hospitality...
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #22 on: January 26, 2011, 02:31:20 PM »

I've seen the 2nd Bourne movie and the 2nd Mission Impossible movie, but never saw the first ones.

Check out my movie reviews and articles at:  www.cinedump.com<br /><br />Or, don\\\'t check them out - see if I care.  You\\\'re not my real mom anyway.  Unless, you are.  In which case, whatever, I\\\'ll do what I want.  It\\\'s my hot body.  Y\\\'all don\\\'t know me.
ChocolateChipCharlie
Bad Movie Lover

Oh my my, my Mitchell...

« Reply #23 on: January 27, 2011, 12:25:42 PM »

I've seen the 2nd Bourne movie and the 2nd Mission Impossible movie, but never saw the first ones.

OUCH.   Bluesad

The first MI movie was actually pretty good - the requisite amount of Tom Cruise / action movie cheesiness, but very entertaining.  The second one was a John Woo abomination.  They turned Tom Cruise's character into a cartoon of real-life Tom Cruise.  It's like they tore up the character from the original and rewrote him completely with no carryover whatsoever.  Turrble.
JayJayM12
Regulary relieves himself on hospitality...
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #24 on: January 28, 2011, 10:07:28 AM »

OUCH.   Bluesad

The first MI movie was actually pretty good - the requisite amount of Tom Cruise / action movie cheesiness, but very entertaining.  The second one was a John Woo abomination.  They turned Tom Cruise's character into a cartoon of real-life Tom Cruise.  It's like they tore up the character from the original and rewrote him completely with no carryover whatsoever.  Turrble.

Actually, it's funny - on both of those (Bourne and MI), I haven't actually intentionally not seen them.  Just for one reason or another, I never got around to seeing them and just happened to catch the sequels when friends were watching them (didn't see either one in theaters).  I actually always intended to see the originals on both, but just haven't found the time (yet, somehow, I manage to find the time to go to screenings of The Room twice a month - go figure).  I definitely intend to see them, and especially MI on your recommendation.  Thanks!

Check out my movie reviews and articles at:  www.cinedump.com<br /><br />Or, don\\\'t check them out - see if I care.  You\\\'re not my real mom anyway.  Unless, you are.  In which case, whatever, I\\\'ll do what I want.  It\\\'s my hot body.  Y\\\'all don\\\'t know me.
Raffine

« Reply #25 on: January 29, 2011, 10:03:45 PM »

I saw BILLY JACK long before I saw the BORN LOSERS.

That goes for me, too. I saw both BILLY JACK and THE TRIAL OF BILLY JACK (both at the theater!) but I still have never seen THE BORN LOSERS.

I still haven't seen BILLY JACK GOES TO WASHINGTON.  Bluesad

If you're an Andy Milligan fan there's no hope for you.
Killer Bees
Newly Appointed Government Employee and

Never give up on love

« Reply #26 on: January 29, 2011, 11:59:18 PM »

I don't think I've seen any sequels before seeing the first movie.   Question

Flower, gleam and glow
Let your power shine
Make the clock reverse
Bring back what once was mine
Heal what has been hurt
Change the fates' design
Save what has been lost
Bring back what once was mine
What once was mine.......
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #27 on: January 31, 2011, 07:52:37 AM »

TeddyR TeddyR

Trevor: "But I saw Highlander 2 and it wasn't that bad [gets hit on head by Andy] OWWWW!" Buggedout

Highlander 2 is one of those sequels that isn't too bad in and of itself, but expands on the story in a way that significantly diminishes the original.

It's like the Star Wars prequels suddenly turning the Force into some kind of microbial infection. The implications of the badness spread backward into better movies.

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
ChocolateChipCharlie
Bad Movie Lover

Oh my my, my Mitchell...

« Reply #28 on: January 31, 2011, 03:42:12 PM »

TeddyR TeddyR

Highlander 2 is one of those sequels that isn't too bad in and of itself, but expands on the story in a way that significantly diminishes the original.

It's like the Star Wars prequels suddenly turning the Force into some kind of microbial infection. The implications of the badness spread backward into better movies.

It's more than that, though - they actually went back and edited the originals to make them conform to the stupid new CGI'ed to death prequels.  That's far more nefarious than just making a bad sequel.  <hurl>
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #29 on: January 31, 2011, 09:17:26 PM »

I saw Evil Dead 2 fist, then about 20 minutes of Evil Dead (that tree rape scene is WAAAAAY to long)
Never seen Troll, but I have seen- and own- Troll 2
Scene nearly 89% of Batman Returns, but none of the rest (Those last two 90's batman films, ugh!)

yeah no.
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  you've seen the sequel/s, but not the original... « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.