Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 08:27:32 AM
714434 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Television  |  The Palin Phenomenon « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10
Author Topic: The Palin Phenomenon  (Read 48993 times)
Umaril The Unfeathered
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Pelinal na vasha, racuvar! Sa yando tyavoy nagaia!

« Reply #45 on: November 26, 2010, 03:00:42 PM »

Elvira...now there is a strong woman who plays that game far better than Sarah Palin!

TeddyR  Thumbup

'Nuff said.

I'm back to looking at cosplay girls now....

Cosplay...talk about women who don't live in the real world...

Tam-Riel na nou Sancremath.
Dawn's Beauty is our shining home.

An varlais, nou bala, an kynd, nou latta.
The stars are our power, the sky is our light.

Malatu na nou karan.
Truth is our armor.

Malatu na bala
Truth is power.

Heca, Pellani! Agabaiyane Ehlnadaya!
Be gone, outsiders! I do not fear your mortal gods!

Auri-El na nou ata, ye A, Umaril, an Aran!
Aure-El is our father, and I, Umaril, the king!
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #46 on: November 26, 2010, 04:04:40 PM »

lol 1/4 of umaril's karma comes from indianasmith
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #47 on: November 26, 2010, 04:19:07 PM »

He says stuff I agree with!  Thumbup But I've given you quite a few over the years, Les, both negative and positive. Thumbup Thumbdown  I guarantee you if my old buddy  Cheezeflix was still hanging out here, Umaril's karma would be higher than it is!  While I love the fact that this board is a place where people of ALL ideologies meet and mix, it isn't exactly overflowing with conservative opinions.  So we righties have to stick together. TeddyR

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Newt
Mostly Harmless. Mostly.

I want to be Ripley when I grow up.

« Reply #48 on: November 26, 2010, 07:48:50 PM »

In the case of the Left (and not in general) many anti-gun\Pro-Choice women may feel threatened by a woman who has the attention (and support) of their man on issues they disagree with their men on.  And God forbid if you're a womanand agree with Palin.....

Add to it that Palin is good looking and can put some younger models to shame, and you have a good old dose of female jealousy that has turned more than one set of blue eyes green.

So politically, (and battle of the sexes wise) this may be one reason for the general hatred for Palin that is felt by Leftist women and other women in general. But not the only one.

Sounds like the old schoolyard rationalisation: "They're just jealous".   I simply do not know any women of that kind: nobody I know is jealous of or threatened by Ms. Palin. 
Maybe it is an American thing. 

"May I offer you a Peek Frean?" - Walter Bishop
"Thank you for appreciating my descent into deviant behavior, Mr. Reese." - Harold Finch
3mnkids

« Reply #49 on: November 26, 2010, 09:08:33 PM »

In the case of the Left (and not in general) many anti-gun\Pro-Choice women may feel threatened by a woman who has the attention (and support) of their man on issues they disagree with their men on.  And God forbid if you're a womanand agree with Palin.....

Add to it that Palin is good looking and can put some younger models to shame, and you have a good old dose of female jealousy that has turned more than one set of blue eyes green.

So politically, (and battle of the sexes wise) this may be one reason for the general hatred for Palin that is felt by Leftist women and other women in general. But not the only one.

Sounds like the old schoolyard rationalisation: "They're just jealous".   I simply do not know any women of that kind: nobody I know is jealous of or threatened by Ms. Palin. 
Maybe it is an American thing. 
I can assure you it is not. I don't know any women who are jealous of her. Every woman I know feels nothing but contempt towards her. Being a dumb ass is not something most woman are jealous of. She is the Jessica Simpson of politics.

There's no worse feeling than that millisecond you're sure you are going to die after leaning your chair back a little too far~ ruminations
Umaril The Unfeathered

« Reply #50 on: November 26, 2010, 09:39:38 PM »

lol 1/4 of umaril's karma comes from indianasmith

Feeling left out, are we?

Malatu na nou karan.
Truth is our armor.

Malatu na bala
Truth is power.

Newt
Mostly Harmless. Mostly.

« Reply #51 on: November 26, 2010, 09:40:08 PM »

I don't know any women who are jealous of her. Every woman I know feels nothing but contempt towards her. Being a dumb ass is not something most woman are jealous of. She is the Jessica Simpson of politics.

Glad to hear it.  Thumbup  Yes; 'contempt' fits.

"Thank you for appreciating my descent into deviant behavior, Mr. Reese." - Harold Finch
Umaril The Unfeathered

« Reply #52 on: November 26, 2010, 10:37:57 PM »

He says stuff I agree with!  Thumbup But I've given you quite a few over the years, Les, both negative and positive. Thumbup Thumbdown  I guarantee you if my old buddy  Cheezeflix was still hanging out here, Umaril's karma would be higher than it is!  While I love the fact that this board is a place where people of ALL ideologies meet and mix, it isn't exactly overflowing with conservative opinions.  So we righties have to stick together. TeddyR

And I'm stickin' with ya' Indy.  Cheers

Of course, I can't blame some of the Left-oriented people for being upset about you and I stickin' together; we all know it's part of a larger Right-Wing conspiracy.

According to Keith Olbermann and Chris Matthews, you and I are apparently working on resurrecting Ronald Reagan and Charlton Heston, and we're one step closer to putting Chuck Norris in charge of National Defense and giving Clint Eastwood and Charles Bronson their own police forces..not to mention a chicken in every pot and a gun in every home.

A chicken in every pot is better than a chicken who smokes pot, but let's all try to remember that Clinton smoked but didn't inhale. Not to mention Monica Lewinsky being just a bit richer due to the 'wad of bill's" she found in her left dress pocket..

Oh, not to mention that you and I giving away free lifetime NRA memberships to the Minutemen...

Gee Indy, you and I have been busy, haven't we?  BounceGiggle Twirling

Malatu na nou karan.
Truth is our armor.

Malatu na bala
Truth is power.

indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #53 on: November 26, 2010, 11:34:36 PM »

Uhhh .  . . yeah, sure, bud!

Actually, I'm thinking about bringing Reagan back as a zombie and running him for President in 2012.  I'm working on some slogans . . .

"Reagan.  A better President dead than all the others still alive."
"Ready to take a bite out of the liberals.  Or their agenda.  Whichever."
 or . . .

"Finally . . . a politician with some BBRRRAAAAAAAIIIINNSSSSS!"

Undead Ronnie in 2012!!!!

(OK, on a more serious note to Newt and 3mnkids - two lovely liberal ladies that I do have a great deal of respect for - y'all apparently move in a very different crowd than I do.  Nearly all the ladies that I talk to LIKE Sarah Palin. Some doubt she can win, but none of them seem to feel this "contempt" you refer to.)

OK, back to the silliness - thought of one more:

"REAGAN AGAIN. 
Are you better off now than you were when I was alive?"

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Mofo Rising
Global Moderator

My cat can eat a whole watermelon!

« Reply #54 on: November 27, 2010, 03:11:43 AM »

Actually, I'm thinking about bringing Reagan back as a zombie and running him for President in 2012.  I'm working on some slogans . . .

or . . .

Actually, if you brought him back as Robo-President, then you might be on to something.

"Part man, part machine, all President!"

Then again, I'm sure your Right-wing conspiracy would put in a secret fourth "Prime Directive." You know, something like "Any attempt to censure a senior member of the GOP results in shutdown."

Hey, don't look at me that way, I voted for ED-209.

Every dead body that is not exterminated becomes one of them. It gets up and kills. The people it kills, get up and kill.
Newt
Mostly Harmless. Mostly.

« Reply #55 on: November 27, 2010, 07:22:11 AM »

(OK, on a more serious note to Newt and 3mnkids - two lovely liberal ladies that I do have a great deal of respect for ...)

And in all seriousness, Indy, anyone within reach who calls me a 'liberal' gets a swift kick.  I suppose it can be a relative term: I will admit to being far more moderate than the bunch who still think it was a mistake to give women the vote.

El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #56 on: November 27, 2010, 01:04:53 PM »

despite what many people say about Obama (He's the reason why the oil spill happened!. Pbbt, the majority of the accident goes to both BP and the Bush Admin.)

I've never heard any sane person blame Obama for the BP accident.  I HAVE heard a lot of (to me, valid) criticism about the fact it took him an entire MONTH to even VISIT the site of the BP disaster.  I mean, Bush was draped over the coals for Katrina (cause, you know, Presidents can cause hurricanes and stuff), but Obama somehow got a free pass in the media on this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WRj5ff2xl-4

oh trust me, the media can influence a crowd. and going back to you saying that you never heard any sane blame Obama, some did, but not blatantly. Others did {republicans in the state}

now since people call her an idiot because she said dumb things, I say it can be a toss up of weather or not she can run the country without making any major screw ups (Bush + FEMA)

yeah no.
Umaril The Unfeathered

« Reply #57 on: November 27, 2010, 02:16:34 PM »

or . . .

Well, if the zombies are looking for brains, I'm sure that the Harry Reid, Nancy Pelosi and most of the Democratic party would be safe from attack, as well as a few Repubs\Tea Party'ers. Gotta' be fair here, not all of em' are rocket scientists.

(OK, on a more serious note to Newt and 3mnkids - two lovely liberal ladies that I do have a great deal of respect for - y'all apparently move in a very different crowd than I do.  Nearly all the ladies that I talk to LIKE Sarah Palin. Some doubt she can win, but none of them seem to feel this "contempt" you refer to.)

Same, I have respect for 3mnkids and Newt too, despite what they may think, but it's a two-way street.  Everyone has a different opinion. And aside from some basic p*ssing off that occasionally happens between us here, I don't see where we really hate each other. You "guys" are ok.  TeddyR

OK, back to the silliness - thought of one more:

"REAGAN AGAIN.  Are you better off now than you were when I was alive?"

Interesting. Seems my joke post has raised some creatvity 'round the old camp  BounceGiggle

Malatu na nou karan.
Truth is our armor.

Malatu na bala
Truth is power.

Umaril The Unfeathered

« Reply #58 on: November 27, 2010, 02:20:13 PM »

or . . .

Actually, if you brought him back as Robo-President, then you might be on to something.

"Part man, part machine, all President!"

Then again, I'm sure your Right-wing conspiracy would put in a secret fourth "Prime Directive." You know, something like "Any attempt to censure a senior member of the GOP results in shutdown."

Hey, don't look at me that way, I voted for ED-209.

Part man, part machine, all President?  Umm, we might have a problem there, since that was the theme of  "Fallout 3, but try it anyhow, the just might go for it!  TeddyR

Malatu na nou karan.
Truth is our armor.

Malatu na bala
Truth is power.

Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #59 on: November 27, 2010, 02:52:54 PM »

Same, I have respect for 3mnkids and Newt too, despite what they may think, but it's a two-way street.  Everyone has a different opinion. And aside from some basic p*ssing off that occasionally happens between us here, I don't see where we really hate each other. You "guys" are ok.  TeddyR
And one of those ladies that you "respect" was the member of this site you confused me with.  But I noticed in that thread you did not respond to my pointing out that your accusations directed toward me were inaccurate.  Question  Bluesad I guess 'cause you right wingers can't stand to be wrong.  And that's where wit dims.

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Television  |  The Palin Phenomenon « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.