Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 11:29:12 AM
714441 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Television  |  The Palin Phenomenon « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10
Author Topic: The Palin Phenomenon  (Read 49000 times)
Umaril The Unfeathered
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Pelinal na vasha, racuvar! Sa yando tyavoy nagaia!

« Reply #60 on: November 27, 2010, 03:40:25 PM »

(OK, on a more serious note to Newt and 3mnkids - two lovely liberal ladies that I do have a great deal of respect for - y'all apparently move in a very different crowd than I do.  Nearly all the ladies that I talk to LIKE Sarah Palin. Some doubt she can win, but none of them seem to feel this "contempt" you refer to.)
Same, I have respect for 3mnkids and Newt too, despite what they may think, but it's a two-way street.  Everyone has a different opinion. And aside from some basic p*ssing off that occasionally happens between us here, I don't see where we really hate each other. You "guys" are ok.  TeddyR

And one of those ladies that you "respect" was the member of this site you confused me with.  But I noticed in that thread you did not respond to my pointing out that your accusations directed toward me were inaccurate.  Question  Bluesad I guess 'cause you right wingers can't stand to be wrong.  And that's where wit dims.

Your mistaken gender (and the karma issue, where I was accused of lowering someone's karma for disagreeing with me) were settled long ago, if you recall. 

I did apologize, (and I officially do again) but that's all I can do, I can't change it, man. What's done is done. 

Unlike you, I'm not calling you any names, and I'm not attacking you by concentrating on one incident.  I think it's time you let it go, man.

That's because if you continue beating this dead horse, it means your wit is just as dim, if not dimmer. 

And I never said I was right about everything, unlike your contemporaries in the Left-Wing media and Hollywood who literally sh*t all over anyone with a dissenting opinion. 

I know you're better than that.  That's all I have to say. Take it easy   TeddyR

Tam-Riel na nou Sancremath.
Dawn's Beauty is our shining home.

An varlais, nou bala, an kynd, nou latta.
The stars are our power, the sky is our light.

Malatu na nou karan.
Truth is our armor.

Malatu na bala
Truth is power.

Heca, Pellani! Agabaiyane Ehlnadaya!
Be gone, outsiders! I do not fear your mortal gods!

Auri-El na nou ata, ye A, Umaril, an Aran!
Aure-El is our father, and I, Umaril, the king!
3mnkids

« Reply #61 on: November 27, 2010, 04:02:40 PM »

Oy! Since im being talked about without anyone mentioning my name I guess I'll chime in.... While I don't specifically recall comparing umaril to glenn beck, it is possible I did.  I can say with 100% certainty that I did not say "you make me sick". I wont repeat what I said because its not relevant and im pretty sure he remembers    TeddyR

I was asked to behave and I have been. I haven't responded to threads that I thought might make me lose my temper. However, this is the second thread in which im "talked" about and I feel the need to defend myself.

There's no worse feeling than that millisecond you're sure you are going to die after leaning your chair back a little too far~ ruminations
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #62 on: November 27, 2010, 05:20:37 PM »

(OK, on a more serious note to Newt and 3mnkids - two lovely liberal ladies that I do have a great deal of respect for - y'all apparently move in a very different crowd than I do.  Nearly all the ladies that I talk to LIKE Sarah Palin. Some doubt she can win, but none of them seem to feel this "contempt" you refer to.)
Same, I have respect for 3mnkids and Newt too, despite what they may think, but it's a two-way street.  Everyone has a different opinion. And aside from some basic p*ssing off that occasionally happens between us here, I don't see where we really hate each other. You "guys" are ok.  TeddyR

And one of those ladies that you "respect" was the member of this site you confused me with.  But I noticed in that thread you did not respond to my pointing out that your accusations directed toward me were inaccurate.  Question  Bluesad I guess 'cause you right wingers can't stand to be wrong.  And that's where wit dims.

Your mistaken gender (and the karma issue, where I was accused of lowering someone's karma for disagreeing with me) were settled long ago, if you recall. 
I did apologize, (and I officially do again) but that's all I can do, I can't change it, man. What's done is done. 
Unlike you, I'm not calling you any names, and I'm not attacking you by concentrating on one incident.  I think it's time you let it go, man.
That's because if you continue beating this dead horse, it means your wit is just as dim, if not dimmer. 
And I never said I was right about everything, unlike your contemporaries in the Left-Wing media and Hollywood who literally sh*t all over anyone with a dissenting opinion. 
I know you're better than that.  That's all I have to say. Take it easy   TeddyR
Listen.  I am not a "left-winger."  Also, I called you one name (which I totally own) not "names" and that was because you have not acknowledged what happened between you and I.  That name was "dimwit" as I know you know.  I don't care about the "karma issue."  Your apology to another member in the past is not relevant to you accusing me of things that never happened.  Why do you go off onto other topics like the "media" instead of sticking to the subject at hand?  You confused me with that other member.  I never argued politics with you, never said you "made me sick" yet you will not acknowledge your mistake.  And this was the 2nd time you'd done it - the first was when you got the karma knock you refer to (you confused Ulthar with our lady friend).  A person who does things like that and doesn't own up to it isn't honorable.  I'm not beating a dead horse.  You are failing to take responsibility.  All those things you accused me of WERE SIMPLY NOT TRUE.  They never happened!  Do you get it YET?   You created a permanent record of falsehoods in that thread which I don't sit still for.  You may note that I have applauded some of your postings and had never argued with you before.  I seek only resolution, but resolution can't happen until facts are acknowledged.  Resolution seems impossible with you, obscuring the topic as you always do with "media" "Hollywood" "left wingers".  Sheesh.   Lookingup 

This is all you need to respond to:
Did you or did you not confuse me with another member... a member you had argued with? 

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
Umaril The Unfeathered

« Reply #63 on: November 27, 2010, 11:24:20 PM »

Oy! Since im being talked about without anyone mentioning my name I guess I'll chime in.... While I don't specifically recall comparing umaril to glenn beck, it is possible I did.  I can say with 100% certainty that I did not say "you make me sick". I wont repeat what I said because its not relevant and im pretty sure he remembers  TeddyR

Not a big deal. I'm not mad at you at all. If you did compare to the Beck-meister, so what?  As to what you said to me, it was something about shoving something. Again, not a big deal. It's not like it's going to make a big difference in what happens in the long run. We could disagree all night (or all century) but where the world goes, it will go regardless of what we think.

I was asked to behave and I have been. I haven't responded to threads that I thought might make me lose my temper. However, this is the second thread in which im "talked" about and I feel the need to defend myself.

I'm trying to behave too. I think I've been ok, but If I fund a lump of coal in my stocking this Christmas, I'll get the picture.  Wink

Malatu na nou karan.
Truth is our armor.

Malatu na bala
Truth is power.

Umaril The Unfeathered

« Reply #64 on: November 28, 2010, 12:02:16 AM »

(OK, on a more serious note to Newt and 3mnkids - two lovely liberal ladies that I do have a great deal of respect for - y'all apparently move in a very different crowd than I do.  Nearly all the ladies that I talk to LIKE Sarah Palin. Some doubt she can win, but none of them seem to feel this "contempt" you refer to.)
Same, I have respect for 3mnkids and Newt too, despite what they may think, but it's a two-way street.  Everyone has a different opinion. And aside from some basic p*ssing off that occasionally happens between us here, I don't see where we really hate each other. You "guys" are ok.  TeddyR

And one of those ladies that you "respect" was the member of this site you confused me with.  But I noticed in that thread you did not respond to my pointing out that your accusations directed toward me were inaccurate.  Question  Bluesad I guess 'cause you right wingers can't stand to be wrong.  And that's where wit dims.

Unlike you, I'm not calling you any names, and I'm not attacking you by concentrating on one incident.  I think it's time you let it go, man.
I know you're better than that.  That's all I have to say. Take it easy   TeddyR

Listen.  I am not a "left-winger."  Also, I called you one name (which I totally own) not "names" and that was because you have not acknowledged what happened between you and I.  That name was "dimwit" as I know you know.

However, that is still a personal attack upon me, as namecalling is part of what's forbidden.  Seems there's an apology coming to me too...

Your apology to another member in the past is not relevant to you accusing me of things that never happened.

Again, I did apologize to you. I can't change what happened. If I mistook you for
another member, please also remember that I was also mistaken as someone who lowered someone's karma because they disagreed with me. So as you can see, I'm not the only one who messed up.  Be that as is, I'm not going to live every waking day of my life worrying about it.

A person who does things like that and doesn't own up to it isn't honorable.  I'm not beating a dead horse.  You are failing to take responsibility.  All those things you accused me of WERE SIMPLY NOT TRUE.  They never happened!  Do you get it YET?   You created a permanent record of falsehoods in that thread which I don't sit still for.

Yes, I GET it.  Be that as is, you don't seem to see where I'm coming from. So far it's all about you. What I say dosen't seem to matter because it's not good enough for you.

This is all you need to respond to: Did you or did you not confuse me with another member... a member you had argued with?  

It's possible. I could have. But because I can't give you straight answer is no indication of dishonor or irresponsibility. People make mistakes. And if I DID, I have apologized for it. Several times now. And I have apologized in light of whether or not I actually did it or not.  

I don't know what to say at this point. Seems nothing I can say to you is good enough?

Malatu na nou karan.
Truth is our armor.

Malatu na bala
Truth is power.

Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #65 on: November 28, 2010, 12:29:32 AM »

Learn how to research whom you have tangled with and God bless you. 

Mofo Rising
Global Moderator

My cat can eat a whole watermelon!

« Reply #66 on: November 28, 2010, 03:46:26 AM »

This is all you need to respond to: Did you or did you not confuse me with another member... a member you had argued with?  

It's possible. I could have. But because I can't give you straight answer is no indication of dishonor or irresponsibility. People make mistakes. And if I DID, I have apologized for it. Several times now. And I have apologized in light of whether or not I actually did it or not.  

I don't know what to say at this point. Seems nothing I can say to you is good enough?

This is not my issue at all, but I was wondering why Allhallowsday was so angry. So I went back and looked at all the previous threads.

Umaril, it's not something you COULD have done, it's something you DID do, mistake somebody for another person, and attack them needlessly. You do realize that everything you've posted on this site is searchable, right?

You seem to think you can coast on a blanket of "well did I or didn't I?"

You did. I can see why Allhallowsday is angry at you. I'm not angry at you, just disappointed that you can really still believe yourself the beleaguered party.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2010, 01:43:29 PM by Mofo Rising » Logged

Every dead body that is not exterminated becomes one of them. It gets up and kills. The people it kills, get up and kill.
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #67 on: November 28, 2010, 10:39:00 AM »

This is not my issue at all, but I was wondering why Allhallowsday was so angry. So I went back and looked at all the previous threads.
Umaril, it's not something you COULD have done, it's something you DID do, mistake somebody for another person, and attack them needlessly. You do realize that everything you've posted on this site is searchable, right?
You seem to think you can coast on a blanket of "well did I or didn't I?"
You did. I can see why Allhallowsday is angry at you. I'm not angry at you, just disappointed that you can really still believe yourself the beleaguered party.
Who are you? You're obviously an intelligent person, but who are you? In your life, what is it that you actually do?
Let's just drop it.  I wasn't angry; I was frustrated.  Now, I don't care anymore.  Apologies (he never "apologized" just claims he did) the media, left wingers, right wingers... The smoke in here is so thick I'm choking.  I do appreciate you chiming in, Mofo.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2010, 10:41:05 AM by Allhallowsday » Logged

Doggett
Bustin' makes me feel good !

I've seen things you people couldn't imagine...

« Reply #68 on: November 28, 2010, 12:36:17 PM »

I'm awesome.  Smile

If God exists, why did he make me an atheist? Thats His first mistake.
Flick James

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #69 on: November 29, 2010, 10:50:23 AM »

I've loved this thread. My original post was somewhat cynical and sarcastic, but there was a genuine interest in the psychological aspect of this phenomenon.

In my humble opinion, I particularly appreciate the posts of Newt and Umaril. There has been some useful input by indianasmith and lester to be sure, but Newt and Umaril's posts I think really get down to the dynamic of this bizarre phenomenon.

I will never be a Sarah Palin fan. I don't think I'll ever truly have a big issue with her either. Like I said before, I may be one of the few who are fairly indifferent to her. I am, however, enormously fascinated with the phenomenon. Sarah Palin, to me personally, represents just how fragmented and confused America has become over gender roles, what is sexually appealing, what is valued in a politician, what rouses people to vote, and the general state of the American mind. Much of it is not terribly flattering.

The American political arena is coming apart at the seams, and Sarah Palin is at the very heart of this upheaval. Despite the parodic nature of my original post, I am firmly convinced she will have an enormous influence over the next election.

I don't always talk about bad movies, but when I do, I prefer badmovies.org
Hammock Rider

« Reply #70 on: November 29, 2010, 12:14:09 PM »

Alright, now let's talk about the important Palin issue. How the hell did Bristol make it so far on Dancing with the Stars? She was a better dancer than Brandy? Than Florence Henderson even? No way. I just can not take that show seriously anymore.  Lookingup

Jumping Kings and Making Haste Ain't my Cup of Meat
Jim H

« Reply #71 on: November 29, 2010, 01:53:39 PM »

Alright, now let's talk about the important Palin issue. How the hell did Bristol make it so far on Dancing with the Stars? She was a better dancer than Brandy? Than Florence Henderson even? No way. I just can not take that show seriously anymore.  Lookingup

It IS a show called "Dancing with the Stars"....
Flick James

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #72 on: November 29, 2010, 04:12:31 PM »

It IS a show called "Dancing with the Stars"....

Hehe. Well, the title of the show implies that, in order to be a contestant, you have to be, or have been, a star of some sort. That alone should have eliminated Bristol from even being a contestant. Her only identity is being the daughter of Sarah Palin. Again, just more evidence just how pervasive she has become. They always introduced her as "Teen Activist Bristol Palin." Wow. Well, that was the only thing they could say, because the only other thing they could have said instead of "teen acitivist" would be "daughter of Sarah Palin."

Ain't pop culture a hoot?

I don't always talk about bad movies, but when I do, I prefer badmovies.org
Umaril The Unfeathered

« Reply #73 on: November 29, 2010, 05:23:34 PM »

You can't take the show seriously anymore? You should be me..my wife DVR'S it every week and won't let anything stand in the way of her watching it.  And then I have to hear about it afterwards  Buggedout

Malatu na nou karan.
Truth is our armor.

Malatu na bala
Truth is power.

Umaril The Unfeathered

« Reply #74 on: November 29, 2010, 05:52:50 PM »

I've loved this thread. My original post was somewhat cynical and sarcastic, but there was a genuine interest in the psychological aspect of this phenomenon.

In my humble opinion, I particularly appreciate the posts of Newt and Umaril. There has been some useful input by indianasmith and lester to be sure, but Newt and Umaril's posts I think really get down to the dynamic of this bizarre phenomenon.

Thank you kindly, sir. I'm glad I was able to do some good here. Cheers.  Cheers

Sarah Palin, to me personally, represents just how fragmented and confused America has become over gender roles, what is sexually appealing, what is valued in a politician, what rouses people to vote, and the general state of the American mind. Much of it is not terribly flattering.

Gender roles were defined decades ago, and also took decades to dismantle and re-define.  It didn't happen overnight.  Society evolved, and so did we.

Society is so varied and multi-faceted today, that's it's no longer a case of "boys do this" and "girls do that."  It's not like it was in the good old "Happy Days" of the 50's, where life and it's daily roles were defined by gender and more exclusive to such.

And on that note,  both men and women have, in a way, been cross-trained in the traditonal roles each once played to exclusivity. Not only out of the need to break social
barriers, but just to get by and survive everyday.  It was bound to happen. Nothing stays the same.

Malatu na nou karan.
Truth is our armor.

Malatu na bala
Truth is power.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Television  |  The Palin Phenomenon « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.