Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 09:55:58 PM
714421 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Most annoying clichés in film « previous next »
Poll
Question: What is a cliché you HATE
Physically impossible feats - 1 (3.8%)
Villians that monolauge too much - 2 (7.7%)
The name "John" - 1 (3.8%)
Action heros that NEVER get hit - 1 (3.8%)
Horror villians that keep coming back - 3 (11.5%)
Bad one-liners - 2 (7.7%)
Tripping while running from the killer - 2 (7.7%)
Nazis - 0 (0%)
RANDOM NUDITY/SEX - 2 (7.7%)
Spontaineous Romance - 6 (23.1%)
Big-Lipped Alligator Moments (Scenes that have nothing to do with the film) - 1 (3.8%)
The main protagonists are teens - 2 (7.7%)
False Alarm (Movie tricks you into thinking something is happening) - 0 (0%)
The car won't start - 3 (11.5%)
Total Voters: 26

Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: Most annoying clichés in film  (Read 12336 times)
Olivia Bauer
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« on: November 24, 2010, 03:47:32 PM »

For me it's random sex. It's really annoying when woman get objectified like that.

No, I'm not gay.

Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2010, 05:00:59 PM »

Well, I know which cliche I like the most...

I voted for 'horror villain keeps coming back."  It's gotten to the point now where I'm actually pleasantly surprised if the madman/monster is actually dead the first time the heroes kill it.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Mofo Rising
Global Moderator

My cat can eat a whole watermelon!

« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2010, 05:13:50 PM »

Random nudity/sex is one of the main reasons I watch b-movies.

I also voted "villain keeps coming back." I actually get angry at the characters if they don't "double-tap" the villain the first time they get him down.

"Okay, this guy just killed all of your friends and your entire family, and you only hit him once with the hammer? Now would be a good time to demolish his entire skull."

My second most annoying cliche would be a cast of "partying teenagers." Let's see... a good girl, her love interest, a jock, his sorority girlfriend, a stoner, and a nerd they all hang out with for some reason. Throw in a rock soundtrack with no licensed groups of interest, add a scenic location, and mix to get yourself half-an-hour of wretched cinema that can safely be thrown out of any film.

Every dead body that is not exterminated becomes one of them. It gets up and kills. The people it kills, get up and kill.
Olivia Bauer

« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2010, 06:29:50 PM »

Random nudity/sex is one of the main reasons I watch b-movies.

I also voted "villain keeps coming back." I actually get angry at the characters if they don't "double-tap" the villain the first time they get him down.

"Okay, this guy just killed all of your friends and your entire family, and you only hit him once with the hammer? Now would be a good time to demolish his entire skull."

My second most annoying cliche would be a cast of "partying teenagers." Let's see... a good girl, her love interest, a jock, his sorority girlfriend, a stoner, and a nerd they all hang out with for some reason. Throw in a rock soundtrack with no licensed groups of interest, add a scenic location, and mix to get yourself half-an-hour of wretched cinema that can safely be thrown out of any film.

I'll throw in "Killing horny teens" while I'm at it then.

3mnkids

« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2010, 06:33:57 PM »

Bad one liners. Most of the time they dont make me laugh or even chuckle but make me groan and roll my eyes.

There's no worse feeling than that millisecond you're sure you are going to die after leaning your chair back a little too far~ ruminations
Doggett
Bustin' makes me feel good !

I've seen things you people couldn't imagine...

« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2010, 06:38:18 PM »

Spontaineous Romance.

It just gets on my nerves...

If God exists, why did he make me an atheist? Thats His first mistake.
diamondwaspvenom

« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2010, 07:23:54 PM »

Villains who, rather kill the hero in the moment, make an overdramatic speech to try and look intimidating. Sheesh, you've got the protagonist in a weakened state, just kill the bastard already!
WildHoosier09
I'm the one who looks like he can use a keyboard
Bad Movie Lover

I've got to find out what causes this and put a st

« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2010, 08:31:42 PM »

I've got to vote for bad-guy monologuing. The biggest offendor would be "Van Helsing", it gets to the point where the hot-chick protagonists retorst to a vampire: "If your going to kill someone, just do it, don't just talk about it". she's right, the vampire should have killed her :) 

When you reach the end of some films and you find yourself asking what the body count really was since all the bad-guy did was talk about killing people for 90 some odd minutes without doing any real damage.

The only difference between zombies and toddlers is one is cuter than the other.
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2010, 08:45:38 PM »

Spontaineous Romance.

Right on brother.  I can't stand when the male and female leads fall in love for no other reason than they're in the same movie together.  The Running Man comes to mind.  Ah-nold and the female lead end up kissing at the end.  Why?  They shared no emotional connection and probably shared about 10 sentences in the whole movie. 

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
Doggett
Bustin' makes me feel good !

I've seen things you people couldn't imagine...

« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2010, 09:39:21 PM »

Spontaineous Romance.

Right on brother.  I can't stand when the male and female leads fall in love for no other reason than they're in the same movie together.  The Running Man comes to mind.  Ah-nold and the female lead end up kissing at the end.  Why?  They shared no emotional connection and probably shared about 10 sentences in the whole movie. 

Mortal Kombat springs to my mind.  TeddyR

Liu Kang and Kitana...yeah, they had how long together ?

If God exists, why did he make me an atheist? Thats His first mistake.
WingedSerpent

I AM THE BAD PHOTOSHOP EFFECT!

« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2010, 10:15:41 PM »

I'm tossing in a couple write-votes. 

"Super" kids.

In the old monster movies, it was kids who would sneak onto a miliatry base or something because they wanted to help.  Never got punished.  Heck the kid in 20 million miles to Earth even gets rewarded despite the fact he stole the container with the Ymir and was somewhat responsible for the creature going on a rampage.

Then there where the ghost children from The Ring or The Grudge  Neither movie was that scary, but even one was saying how much scarier the Ring Girl was from Jason Voorhees or Freddy Kruger.

Which leads me to my other write in:  Whispering for no reason. Again in some horror movies.  You'll have characters talking under their breath which makes me turn up the volume. 

"Let's talk out that humor".  Something disgusting/violent/out of the ordinary happens and the characters seem to what to stop the story and discuss what just happened.  I get it.  Move on.  Couple of scenes in Land of the Lost remake fall into that category.

For the most part..I'm fine with everything that was mentioned on the list.

At least, that's what Gary Busey told me...
InformationGeek
Leader of the Friends' for Info
B-Movie Site Webmaster

Let's all be Friends.

« Reply #11 on: November 24, 2010, 10:42:23 PM »

Spontaineous Romance.

Mortal Kombat springs to my mind.  TeddyR

Liu Kang and Kitana...yeah, they had how long together ?

Yes, but could one forget that memorable romances of the animated Titanic movies?  One movies has the character's meeting twice and the other has characters sharing only one dance and one look.  Such a look must mean love!

The second annoying cliche to me, but the worst offense is the villian who won't stay dead.  It really gets annoying after a while, force offense to me being Anaconda.  It takes at least 3 times to kill this snake, including being shot, axed, exploded, and set ablaze.  What are anacondas made of?!

We live in quite an interesting age. You can tell someone's sexual orientation and level of education from just their interests.
WingedSerpent

I AM THE BAD PHOTOSHOP EFFECT!

« Reply #12 on: November 24, 2010, 10:57:59 PM »

Yes, but could one forget that memorable romances of the animated Titanic movies?  One movies has the character's meeting twice and the other has characters sharing only one dance and one look.  Such a look must mean love!

The second annoying cliche to me, but the worst offense is the villian who won't stay dead.  It really gets annoying after a while, force offense to me being Anaconda.  It takes at least 3 times to kill this snake, including being shot, axed, exploded, and set ablaze.  What are anacondas made of?!

I always seen that as a second anaconda showing up.  Yes it survies some horrible stuff, but the one that gets shot earlier died, and a new one was lurking around.

At least, that's what Gary Busey told me...
Olivia Bauer

« Reply #13 on: November 24, 2010, 11:21:04 PM »

*COUGH*JAWS!*COUGH*

InformationGeek
Leader of the Friends' for Info
B-Movie Site Webmaster

Let's all be Friends.

« Reply #14 on: November 24, 2010, 11:42:27 PM »

I always seen that as a second anaconda showing up.  Yes it survies some horrible stuff, but the one that gets shot earlier died, and a new one was lurking around.

Yeah, you are probably right about a second snake, but it is sort of confusing; especially when you have a title called Anaconda and not Anacondas.  Still, this cliche still applies since the second snake survived an explosion of all things.  How can it survive an explosion?  Explosions kill everything!

We live in quite an interesting age. You can tell someone's sexual orientation and level of education from just their interests.
Pages: [1] 2 3
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Most annoying clichés in film « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.