Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 09:10:21 AM
714520 Posts in 53098 Topics by 7744 Members
Latest Member: MichelFran
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  AMC Fearfest 2011 « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: AMC Fearfest 2011  (Read 2097 times)
Ed, Ego and Superego
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« on: October 18, 2011, 04:15:42 PM »

As is "traditional" I wanted to point out whats on AMC Fearfest 2011 (for those of you who watch movies on TV the old fashioned way)

The full list is here:
http://www.amctv.com/movie-event/amc-fearfest
But I only picked the ones I wanted to see (high cheese factor), or were classics… lots of Zombies and slasher remakes which don’t hold my interest.
Bride of Frankenstein
Corridors of Blood
Frankenstein Meets the Space Monster
How to Make a Monster
Poltergeist
The Omen
Village of the Damned
War of the Colossal Beast

-Ed

Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?

Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes
Ed, Ego and Superego

« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2011, 04:27:29 PM »

And a corollary for This TV this Month...
Oct 23
Invasion of the Star Creatures
Original Release Date: Apr 4, 1962
Two bungling soldiers discover strange plant-like creatures who are under the control of two beautiful alien scientists.  The soldiers foil their plot to conquer Earth by winning over the women invaders with love and kisses.
Oct 28
Burnt Offerings
Original Release Date: Aug 25, 1976
In the great tradition of haunted house chillers comes this frightening tale of the supernatural set in a sprawling old country mansion. Stars Oliver Reed, Karen Black and Bette Davis.
Lady in White
Original Release Date: Jan 1, 1988
This terrifying horror film that's "one of the most intelligent and riveting ghost stories since Poltergeist" (LA Weekly) Starring Lukas Haas, Len Cariou, Alex Rocco and Katherine Helmond, and presented here in a full-length director's cut, Lady in White delivers nonstop thrills and "will keep you in mounting suspense right through the chilling climax" (Entertainment Report)! Frankie Scarlatti (Haas) lives in a small town with a deadly secret. For a decade, a serial child killer has eluded police, and the death toll continues to rise. Then one night Frankie gets locked in his school and witnesses the ghost of the first victim being murdered. Now, aided by the girl's restless spirit, Frankie takes it upon himself to bring her assailant to justice. But in a town with no strangers, the killer may be close than he knows.
Oct 29th
THE INCREDIBLE SHRINKING MAN
PHANTOM OF THE OPERA ('43)
Oct 31st
Dementia 13
Original Release Date: Aug 25, 1963
A horror classic from director Francis Ford Coppola. A woman devises a bizarre scheme to gain control of her late husband's family's money. Shocking gory ax murders, inventive photography and a great trick ending!
ISLAND OF THE LOST SOULS- I think this is a 1933 Dr. Moreau interpretation
DRACULA ('31)
SON OF DRACULA
SON OF FRANKENSTEIN

Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?

Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2011, 05:35:17 PM »

I've got Invasion of the Star Creatures on DVD.  Love their hotpants.  Er...space...um...uniform.  Thingies.   TeddyR

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
Flick James

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2011, 05:46:46 PM »

I've been enjoying the October AMC viewing thus far and look forward to the rest of the month. I'm also enjoying the offerings on SyFy. Good stuff. I'm disappointed they're showing not showing the 1960 Village of the Damned, however, but you can't have it all I guess.

I don't always talk about bad movies, but when I do, I prefer badmovies.org
Ed, Ego and Superego

« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2011, 05:55:59 PM »

There is more stuff I like this year than in recent years.  Lots of slashers, not enough monsters.

Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  AMC Fearfest 2011 « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.