Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 10:38:35 PM
714392 Posts in 53096 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Wake up call « previous next »
Poll
Question: When on vacation or not working, are you an early bird?
Yes, I like to get up early - 10 (62.5%)
No, I always sleep late - 6 (37.5%)
Total Voters: 16

Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Wake up call  (Read 4279 times)
claws
« on: December 22, 2010, 01:38:49 AM »

I get up usually around 6 am. I think morning hours are kind of magical, especially during winter. Nothing beats sitting at my computer with a cup of hot tea enjoying daybreak. How about you?
Couchtr26
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2010, 01:50:43 AM »

I like to be up early but there are occasions when I prefer to sleep in until the mid-afternoon when I have nothing else to do. 

Ah, the good old days.
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2010, 06:08:45 AM »

I get up at 5:00 every morning,no matter what. Even if I have a bad hangover. My inner clock just wakes me up. I like the morning too....some nice black coffee,a ciggerette,the early news or the radio...nice.  Smile
In the springtime, I like to get up real early,before anyone is awake,and sit on the stoop.

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Raffine

« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2010, 06:19:59 AM »

I get up at 5:00 every morning,no matter what. Even if I have a bad hangover. My inner clock just wakes me up. I like the morning too....some nice black coffee,a ciggerette,the early news or the radio...nice.  Smile
In the springtime, I like to get up real early,before anyone is awake,and sit on the stoop.

When I'm working days  I get up at 5:00, too. I was never an early riser and initially thought it was going to be a huge problem for me to get up that early, but now I kinda like it.

Of course, right now I'm on the overnight shift (11:00 PM to 7:00 AM) - which I love. Being up all night and napping through the day makes me feel like I'm getting away with something!  TeddyR

If you're an Andy Milligan fan there's no hope for you.
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2010, 07:24:31 AM »

I get up at 6:00 every morning.  Don't have any choice about it - my body wakes up at 6 and after that I can't stand to lay in bed any longer.  It's nice having a little quiet time before the kids get up too.

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2010, 07:43:48 AM »

This reminds me of that horrible goof made by Yakov Smirnoff years ago when he promised a group from England that "I will not speak long as I know your old English saying 'Early to bed and up with the cock.' "  Buggedout Buggedout

I am an early riser ~ I like to see the sun come up in the morning and set at night.  Smile

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2010, 08:16:47 AM »

I try to sleep in as late as possible.  With three kids its a bit difficult. I recall days before major responsibility I'd be in bed by 3 AM and up by lunchtime.

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
dean

« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2010, 08:21:38 AM »

Sleeping in is inevitable when I am on holidays.  I tend not to sleep much when I have things to do, but give me some time off and I'll be out like a light.

------------The password will be: Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch
Flick James

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2010, 08:59:36 AM »

I get up early, but it has nothing to do with liking it. I have a 3-year-old and a 7-month-old.

I don't always talk about bad movies, but when I do, I prefer badmovies.org
Olivia Bauer

« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2010, 09:03:05 AM »

I set my alarm to 6:00 a.m.

Almost everyday I hit snooze.

I make oatmeal and prepare for school.

My first hour class is keyboarding so I make quick posts on the badmovie forum.

Ed, Ego and Superego

« Reply #10 on: December 22, 2010, 01:29:57 PM »

My dream is to be able to wake up naturally, but at our house its either the alarm waking me (weekdays) or the kids (weekends), Iin fact I don't ask for much, I ususally wake up at 8. 

Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?

Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #11 on: December 22, 2010, 06:56:03 PM »

I think being to wake up early is a matter of conditioned habit.
I get up real early cuz I've been working at the same mind numbing no imagination soul crushing I Want to Go to Work with A 12 Gauge Shotgun Pump monotonos zombifying job 25 YEARS!!!!
So I just wake up. Even when I dont have too. On Sundays. Oh-OH! I would like to sleep. But NO. NOOOOOOO! I wake up! I gotta be RIGHT F#CKING THERE! UP! UP! SMILE AND THE WORLD SMILES WITH YOU! DONT BE A GLOOMY GUS! RAINDROPS Keep falling on my head! and i NOT FEELING DEAD! CRYINGS NOT...FOR...ME...SO...UH.  hot ah!
i OK NOW. hONEST. ;)

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #12 on: December 23, 2010, 07:41:35 AM »

I get up real early cuz I've been working at the same mind numbing no imagination soul crushing I Want to Go to Work with A 12 Gauge Shotgun Pump monotonos zombifying job 25 YEARS!!!!

This one's for you RC  TeddyR

Small | Large

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #13 on: December 23, 2010, 09:43:21 AM »

I generally get up early, even on weekends, holidays, and vacation days.  I like to get in a full day of activity.  On the rare occasions when I sleep late, I feel like the day goes by too quickly.  When I was a bit younger, I would even get up early after a late night of drinking.  We would usually go somewhere for late-night breakfast and conversation after the bars closed and I would get home around 3:00 a.m. or later, but I would still wake up around 7:00 or 8:00 at the latest.  Our most recent "big" vacations have been to Brazil, Las Vegas, and Hawaii, and I was up early every day.  In Hawaii, we were often up at 5:00 or 6:00 in the morning.

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #14 on: December 23, 2010, 10:28:18 AM »

I tend to wake up early, and I'm at my most productive in the morning. I used to be the opposite, sleeping late and being prone to oversleeping, but that might have had more to do with staying up later in those days. I used to have to set my alarm clock, set the alarm on my watch, and if I worked late the night before and absolutely had to get in early, I'd leave a note on my boss' desk to call me when she got in. Just in case.

Now, if I go to bed before 11pm, I could be wide awake at 5am. The tough thing about that is I can't do much with that time, because I dare not wake the dogs or the kid before 7 by showering and doing housework, and I have to do my part in getting the little one fed, dressed and on the bus before I can actually go to work. The consolation is that there's nothing left to do but enjoy some "me time" and watch movies or TV shows I don't normally get to watch.

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Wake up call « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.