Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 06:31:26 AM
712927 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Television  |  TV episodes that scared you? « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8
Author Topic: TV episodes that scared you?  (Read 90816 times)
Umaril The Unfeathered
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Pelinal na vasha, racuvar! Sa yando tyavoy nagaia!

« Reply #30 on: January 04, 2011, 01:09:05 AM »

One episode of The Night Gallery called "Green Fingers" starring Elsa Lanchester, aka The Bride Of Frankenstein.

PLOT:
A land baron goes too far in his methods to dislodge a sweet old lady from her home, and finds out that he shouldn't have messed with mother nature. Good episode.

Also, the classic Twilight Zone episode where Cliff Robertson was a ventriloquist being tortured by his dummy he used for his act.  I forget the name of the episode though.

Tam-Riel na nou Sancremath.
Dawn's Beauty is our shining home.

An varlais, nou bala, an kynd, nou latta.
The stars are our power, the sky is our light.

Malatu na nou karan.
Truth is our armor.

Malatu na bala
Truth is power.

Heca, Pellani! Agabaiyane Ehlnadaya!
Be gone, outsiders! I do not fear your mortal gods!

Auri-El na nou ata, ye A, Umaril, an Aran!
Aure-El is our father, and I, Umaril, the king!
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #31 on: January 04, 2011, 02:10:33 AM »

Jack mentioned SPACE 1999 - that reminded me of another episode where there was this horrible creature that sucked people in and then spewed out their remains. Buggedout Buggedout

I remember that one, Trevor.  The monster would shove their remains out underneath his tentacles and the people looked like a mummified skeleton. I forget the name of it though.

I found out what it was called: Dragon's Domain from the first Space 1999 series. www.space1999.net/moonbase99/dragon.htm  Buggedout Buggedout

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Umaril The Unfeathered

« Reply #32 on: January 04, 2011, 02:30:35 AM »

Jack mentioned SPACE 1999 - that reminded me of another episode where there was this horrible creature that sucked people in and then spewed out their remains. Buggedout Buggedout

I remember that one, Trevor.  The monster would shove their remains out underneath his tentacles and the people looked like a mummified skeleton. I forget the name of it though.

I found out what it was called: Dragon's Domain from the first Space 1999 series. www.space1999.net/moonbase99/dragon.htm  Buggedout Buggedout

Cool.  Thanks,  mate  Smile   

Overall, Space 1999 had a very interesting look to it.  Just knowing what I did about the previous live action work of Sylvia and Gerry Anderson, such as U.F.O., I knew that Space 1999 wasn't American, it had a definite British tone to it.

Speaking of U.F.O. do you remember that one?

It was sometime in Earth's future, when an Earth Defense Force group known as SHADO silently hunted down a group of aliens who landed on Earth and infiltrated society.  That was a great show, even moreso when Commander Straker would pull up in that custom-made car with the batwing doors. I loved that car!

Malatu na nou karan.
Truth is our armor.

Malatu na bala
Truth is power.

Umaril The Unfeathered

« Reply #33 on: January 04, 2011, 02:42:15 AM »

Another Night Gallery episode with Roddy MacDowall scared me too.

After deliberately killing his uncle for his inheritance, McDowall's uncle returns from the grave, as seen thru a series of changing pictures hanging on the stairway wall.

Each portrait slowly and methodically depicts his uncle rising from the grave and walking towards the house until he was at the door.  A great entry for scary TV epsiodes, AND my 100th post.  I am now a 4-star general....yeeee-ahhh!  Cheers

Malatu na nou karan.
Truth is our armor.

Malatu na bala
Truth is power.

Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #34 on: January 04, 2011, 03:06:02 AM »

It was sometime in Earth's future, when an Earth Defense Force group known as SHADO silently hunted down a group of aliens who landed on Earth and infiltrated society.  That was a great show, even moreso when Commander Straker would pull up in that custom-made car with the batwing doors. I loved that car!

Oh yes, how could I forget that series! I had a superbig crush on Gabrielle Drake in her purple wig and I wanted to knock Ed Nelson on the head and steal his car: I probably would have had a hard time lying on my back driving the thing though.  TeddyR

There was one UFOepisode which chilled me: one of Straker's men lost his wife prior to joining SHADO and when an alien was killed, the autopsy revealed that some of his wife's organs were in the alien's body.  Buggedout Buggedout

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Bmeansgood
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #35 on: January 04, 2011, 09:51:39 PM »

For me, nothing was as creepy or as disturbing as the episode of Diff'rent Strokes that was used to teach kids about the dangers of pedophiles. The creepy old man who owned the bicycle shop was so BELIEVABLE. That episode pushed it to the limit and I'm not sure that any show on TV today would be willing to go that far. The 80's were something else with all those "Very Special" episodes of sit-coms.

I'm with you on this one.  I was pretty young, but I remember having lots of questions for my parents.  Like, why does Arnold's friend have his shirt off and why is he rubbing his eyes?
Umaril The Unfeathered

« Reply #36 on: January 05, 2011, 11:48:21 AM »

Oh yes, how could I forget that series! I had a superbig crush on Gabrielle Drake in her purple wig and I wanted to knock Ed Nelson on the head and steal his car: I probably would have had a hard time lying on my back driving the thing though.  TeddyR

There was one UFOepisode which chilled me: one of Straker's men lost his wife prior to joining SHADO and when an alien was killed, the autopsy revealed that some of his wife's organs were in the alien's body.  Buggedout Buggedout

I remember that episode.  Another one I remember is where an alien had one of SHADO's men cornered in an outside area, always taunting him and making fun of him because the guy couldn't see him.

It was a big cat and mouse game, until the alien was finally killed when the guy spun around in a circle with an assault rifle and killed the alien with a lucky salvo.   

Malatu na nou karan.
Truth is our armor.

Malatu na bala
Truth is power.

Dan
Dedicated Viewer

El Duderino

« Reply #37 on: January 12, 2011, 09:13:34 AM »

There's an episode of Pingu where he has a nightmare and gets chased on his walking bed by a giant walrus. The surrealism of that episode scared the bejeezus out of me when I was young.

That, and the talking clay head on Art Attack!.
Barack Clinton
« Reply #38 on: January 17, 2011, 02:17:10 PM »

Star trek, The lights of Zetar.

The scenes with the victims making those horrible, distorted sounds while their faces glowed scared the hell out of me as a kid, and the whole ep had an air of fear to it that really no ep of trek before or since has matched.
Umaril The Unfeathered

« Reply #39 on: January 17, 2011, 04:11:37 PM »

Lost In Space, season two. The episode is called Wreck Of The Robot.

After their bowling ball rolls into a cave, Will and Dr. Smith are confronted by 3 aliens called "Zaticons."   Facelessm derby-wearing aliens whose skin glitters as they ethereally swagger back and forth, speaking in low, menacing tones that verge on whispering.

Not only their sudden appearance out of nowhere, but the chilling incidental music by John Williams, lifted from The Day The Earth Stood Still but effective nonetheless. Even more effective when you see what the Zaticons look like.

Malatu na nou karan.
Truth is our armor.

Malatu na bala
Truth is power.

Couchtr26

« Reply #40 on: January 17, 2011, 11:23:56 PM »

I was creeped out by the episode of Tales from the Darkside where they had the girl coming back to stay with her father and the creature in that little room.  I can't remember much as it scared me when I was younger.  I remember many of the scenes.  Something about it seemed plausible to a young person.  We think different when we aren't 7 or 10.  However, I saw it again recently and am kind of bothered by the father at the end.  His complete affection towards the creature.  As if he wanted everything to occur that did occur. 

I was also exceedingly frightened by the episode of Kolchack with the creature made of spanish moss.  Don't remember why. 

Ah, the good old days.
Newt
Mostly Harmless. Mostly.

I want to be Ripley when I grow up.

« Reply #41 on: January 18, 2011, 02:14:40 AM »

I was also exceedingly frightened by the episode of Kolchack with the creature made of spanish moss.  Don't remember why. 

That one terrified my younger sister!  My dad used to wiggle his fingers at her and say, "Peremalfait is gonna GET you!" and she'd scream.

"May I offer you a Peek Frean?" - Walter Bishop
"Thank you for appreciating my descent into deviant behavior, Mr. Reese." - Harold Finch
Umaril The Unfeathered

« Reply #42 on: January 18, 2011, 10:26:45 AM »

I was creeped out by the episode of Tales from the Darkside where they had the girl coming back to stay with her father and the creature in that little room.  I can't remember much as it scared me when I was younger.  I remember many of the scenes.  Something about it seemed plausible to a young person.  We think different when we aren't 7 or 10.  However, I saw it again recently and am kind of bothered by the father at the end.  His complete affection towards the creature.  As if he wanted everything to occur that did occur. 

The name of the episode is The Closet and the creature was made by Tom Savini. And the girl who was killed by it was a very young Patricia Tallman, aka Barbara in the remake of Night Of The Living Dead from 1990, which was also directed by Tom Savini. And yeah, it was a scary little number, wasn't it?  BounceGiggle

I can't really say any episode of The Night Stalker actually scared me, but I remember thinking how cool the headless motorcycle rider was in another episode. That one, and the one with the suit of black armor that was attacking people.  But the headless rider episode was really neat.

I remember us all talking about it at school Monday morning. We were in 4th or 5th grade at the time too. Our teacher told us to stop talking about it because she thought we were too young to be watching "that sort of thing."  Teachers... BounceGiggle

Malatu na nou karan.
Truth is our armor.

Malatu na bala
Truth is power.

Couchtr26

« Reply #43 on: January 21, 2011, 11:48:23 PM »

I can't really say any episode of The Night Stalker actually scared me, but I remember thinking how cool the headless motorcycle rider was in another episode. That one, and the one with the suit of black armor that was attacking people.  But the headless rider episode was really neat.

I remember us all talking about it at school Monday morning. We were in 4th or 5th grade at the time too. Our teacher told us to stop talking about it because she thought we were too young to be watching "that sort of thing."  Teachers... BounceGiggle

When I was about 5-10 I was easily scared.  I got past that stage in short order but it is funny as I watched so many things that it started to phase out.  Speaking of Kolchak even when I was younger I loved the ghost armor that was killing people.  I was young and born in America.  Knights were awesome to think about as were cowboys.  Something about armed people on horses.   Zorro was as well speaking of that watched that old family channel series religiously. TeddyR

Ah, the good old days.
Umaril The Unfeathered

« Reply #44 on: January 22, 2011, 09:04:15 AM »

When I was about 5-10 I was easily scared.  I got past that stage in short order but it is funny as I watched so many things that it started to phase out.  Speaking of Kolchak even when I was younger I loved the ghost armor that was killing people.  I was young and born in America.  Knights were awesome to think about as were cowboys.  Something about armed people on horses.   Zorro was as well speaking of that watched that old family channel series religiously. TeddyR

You mean the Zorro TV show with Guy Williams, aka Professor Robinson on Lost In Space?  The episode of LIS I spoke of earlier, "Follow The Leader" had Williams show off a bit of his fencing skills, as he was possessed by the spirit of an ancient alien warrior.

Come to think of Lost In Space, another Season One episode, "War Of The Robots" had a chilling part where Robbie The Robot confronted the Robinson Robot after everyone went to bed.

Amidst the chilling music of John Williams, Robbie tells The Robot that he's obsolete, and he will be replaced, and if he persists in serving the Robinsons,, he will be destroyed.  The entire scene is absolutely fabulous, as anyone whose seen it knows  Smile

Malatu na nou karan.
Truth is our armor.

Malatu na bala
Truth is power.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Television  |  TV episodes that scared you? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.