Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 03:59:43 AM
712925 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Television  |  Soap « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Soap  (Read 6251 times)
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« on: December 25, 2010, 11:21:21 PM »

Small | Large

Wasn't sure if there was a thread for this or not.  Personally, one of the best written tv shows ever.  A sitcom, soap opera themed tv show, with completely outlandish storylines involving murder, insanity, alien abduction, and the like.  Billy Crystal as the gay son and the brother with a puppet that kept interrupting the conversations.

My favorite, Richard Mulligan finding out he had cancer and 4 and a half months to live.  His reaction: "4 and a half? What's your problem with me doc? Everyone else gets 6 months to a year!"

"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell."

Don’t get too close, it’s dark inside.
It’s where my demons hide, it’s where my demons hide.
retrorussell
In the town of Valentine Bluffs, there are many ways to die. Take your pick.
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Hanniger! I'll be waiting in HELL for you!

« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2010, 02:49:39 AM »

Liked this show a lot too.  Can't believe Rod Roddy (Price Is Right/Press Your Luck announcer) is narrator.  Doesn't sound like the Rod Roddy I'm more familiar with.

"O the legend they say, on a Valentine's Day, is a curse that'll live on and on.."
Silverlady
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2010, 09:16:41 AM »

Loved this show! Richard Mulligan(Burt Campbell) was my favorite character. Especially loved the episodes where he thought he could make himself invisible.   TeddyR

Hold onto your dreams ....
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2010, 11:27:07 AM »

Loved this show! Richard Mulligan(Burt Campbell) was my favorite character. Especially loved the episodes where he thought he could make himself invisible.   TeddyR
Wasn't there an instance down the line where he wasn't himself, but some kinda alien clone? Or he wasn't the father of the kids but a look-a-like with amnesia? Then he became town sheriff with Danny.

retrorussell

« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2010, 11:35:59 PM »

Yeah, Burt was abducted by aliens.  One of them was chosen to go as Burt's look-alike so it could have sex with his wife, which it really enjoyed.  TeddyR

"O the legend they say, on a Valentine's Day, is a curse that'll live on and on.."
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2010, 11:49:36 PM »

Yeah, Burt was abducted by aliens.  One of them was chosen to go as Burt's look-alike so it could have sex with his wife, which it really enjoyed.  TeddyR
That's it. 

Loved the show.  I think it's on dvd.  I HAVE to go grab it.  I used to watch the reruns on Comedy Central in the mid '90s.

Warp Ninja X
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2010, 03:45:20 AM »

I love that episode I like the part when Burt tries to get back home on their transporter machine he vanish at his job and at the dinner with Mary. BounceGiggle
Flick James

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2010, 01:49:05 PM »

Among the best theme music in TV history.

I don't always talk about bad movies, but when I do, I prefer badmovies.org
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2010, 11:09:54 AM »

Richard Mulligan was an underrated actor. Besides being hilarious as Burt, he was great in Teachers, as the mental patient mistaken for a substitute history teacher, who ends up doing a good job. Mulligan had a couple of series that were kind of funny, but I'd have enjoyed seeing him do more movies.

We can't forget Soap's big breakout character, Benson, who was much funnier on Soap than he was after getting his own show. Robert Guillaume is another actor I'd like to have seen more of. Looking at the IMDB, he's worked pretty steadily, just not on many things I would have seen. I thought it was kind of cool recognizing his voice in The Lion King when I watched it with my daughter about a year ago. Never saw the movie until then. As soon as the baboon spoke, I just lit up. Robert Guillaume!

Small | Large

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
Flick James

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2010, 11:25:46 AM »

Richard Mulligan was an underrated actor. Besides being hilarious as Burt, he was great in Teachers, as the mental patient mistaken for a substitute history teacher, who ends up doing a good job. Mulligan had a couple of series that were kind of funny, but I'd have enjoyed seeing him do more movies.

We can't forget Soap's big breakout character, Benson, who was much funnier on Soap than he was after getting his own show. Robert Guillaume is another actor I'd like to have seen more of. Looking at the IMDB, he's worked pretty steadily, just not on many things I would have seen. I thought it was kind of cool recognizing his voice in The Lion King when I watched it with my daughter about a year ago. Never saw the movie until then. As soon as the baboon spoke, I just lit up. Robert Guillaume!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Tq5_L9lBhY

Agreed on Robert Guillaume. He's done a lot of little parts, but he always brings a certain charm to everything he does.

I don't always talk about bad movies, but when I do, I prefer badmovies.org
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2010, 11:35:48 AM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Tq5_L9lBhY

Agreed on Robert Guillaume. He's done a lot of little parts, but he always brings a certain charm to everything he does.

He's one of those actors who always comes across as a likable person.

I've got mixed feelings about Benson's replacement, Saunders. The character was not as funny as Benson, but not bad. He just had big shoes to fill. And I generally like Roscoe Lee Browne.

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #11 on: December 29, 2010, 10:00:41 PM »

Mulligan was a brilliantly underrated character actor.  Great comic timing too.  Liked him on Empty Nest, although I wasn't a huge fan of that show. 

Umaril The Unfeathered

Pelinal na vasha, racuvar! Sa yando tyavoy nagaia!

« Reply #12 on: January 03, 2011, 06:25:19 PM »

Somewhere in the show,  Scott Baio's brother Jimmy had a role. I still remember his face but can't remember the name of his character.

Tam-Riel na nou Sancremath.
Dawn's Beauty is our shining home.

An varlais, nou bala, an kynd, nou latta.
The stars are our power, the sky is our light.

Malatu na nou karan.
Truth is our armor.

Malatu na bala
Truth is power.

Heca, Pellani! Agabaiyane Ehlnadaya!
Be gone, outsiders! I do not fear your mortal gods!

Auri-El na nou ata, ye A, Umaril, an Aran!
Aure-El is our father, and I, Umaril, the king!
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #13 on: January 03, 2011, 11:21:42 PM »

Jimmy Baio played Billy Tate.

retrorussell

« Reply #14 on: January 03, 2011, 11:54:40 PM »

Billy Tate at one point fell in love with a teacher and had an affair with her.  He also got kidnapped by some weirdo religious cult, and one of their members was Robert Englund!

Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Television  |  Soap « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.