Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 06:58:41 AM
714393 Posts in 53096 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Back To The Future Turns 25 Years Old! « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Back To The Future Turns 25 Years Old!  (Read 1566 times)
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« on: December 28, 2010, 10:44:51 PM »

Yep, 1985 was 25 friggin' years ago and I feel old.  So doing the math, I was around 8 when this came out and probably about 9 when I actually saw it.  I love this film series as much as I did growing up.  To me all of them are pure genius and never lost their direction. Its one of those film series that I think has shaped me into who I am as a film fan.   I figure in this thread people can give their opinions about the films.

Back To The Future:  I love this film because it's details are so fine in the beginning that you simply can't jump into the middle of the story.  For example, the way Marty's mother and Doc reminisce about days past and Marty actually ends up there to see how it actually was minutes later.  I don't think I've ever watched this film without sitting on the edge of my seat at the end. Yes I know what happens but if a film can do that to me every time it is film magic I say.

Back To The Future 2:  This one makes things even more interesting to me because it explores the "what if I went back in time to change my life" concept with Biff.   The view of the future in Hill Valley was fun as well, especially with the nostalgia "Cafe 80s".

Back To The Future 3:  People seem to pan this one and although its not my favorite of the series, I still enjoy it immensely.  The wild west motif was a great idea to end the series and offered up a lot of fun and character development for both Marty and Doc.  The ending actually makes me tear up.

Overall this is one film series, aside Toy Story, that keeps it's soul throughout.  They know that many of the scenes (the diner chase for example) is simply a redo of the original but they play it up so it still comes across as fresh.  The subtle jokes and nods to different items in the plot are also great.  For example, in part 3 where Doc says "This is heavy" after Marty says "Great Scott" is one of the best series in-jokes ever to me in film history.

Lloyd is awesome and nutty as Doc Brown and MJF plays a great role as Marty.  Plus he seemed to stay eternally youthfull throughout each film so that paid off in the long run with him casted.

Well, your turn good or bad.  
« Last Edit: December 28, 2010, 10:46:58 PM by The DarkSider » Logged

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
Flick James
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2010, 09:26:24 AM »

Yep, makes me feel old too.

I'm not quite as fond of the series as you, but I still have a warm spot in my heart, partly due to nostalgia. I will agree with you that the writing in the first one does not get the credit it deserves. Also, you have to give the film credit for creating some of the most iconic images in film history. Nobody below the age of 25 would even know that a DeLorean had ever been a car if it wasn't for that movie.

I don't always talk about bad movies, but when I do, I prefer badmovies.org
Pilgermann
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2010, 01:39:39 PM »

I never get sick of the first film.  Even though it's on TV all the time I'll usually end up watching it if I'm flipping channels.  God knows how many times I've seen it!

Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Back To The Future Turns 25 Years Old! « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.