Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 03:17:11 AM
712924 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Movie Reviews  |  (The other) Trick or Treat (1986). « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: (The other) Trick or Treat (1986).  (Read 9171 times)
Mark Knight
« on: December 28, 2010, 11:23:59 PM »

Last year a movie called "Trick or Treat" came out and was highly praised, this is NOT that movie. This is a 1986 film made at DEG studios where TV show's like "One Tree Hill" are filmed. I make it my annual halloween tradition to watch this piece of crap. (OOPS! Forgot to post this on halloween. Better late than never). This film stars Marc Price (Family Ties Skippy) in a bad mullet wig playing a kid named Eddie, who's obsessed with dead heavy metal rock star Sammi Curr. A local DJ (played by Gene Simmons) feels sorry for the kid and gives him the master copy of Sammi's last record. (Yes I said record, it was 1986). So the kid plays the record backwards and starts receiving messages from Sammi beyond the grave. At first Eddie uses Sammi's advice to get back and some bullies, but when a girl gets raped by a ghostly monster, he tries to back out of the deal. This p**ses Sammi off, so he rises from dead via electricity, looking like a badly burned Tommy Lee. He shows up at school halloween party, where he plays a guitar solo (despite having ridiculously long fingernails). Then he goes apes**t. Trapping everyone in the gym and killing them "Carrie" style. It's up to Eddie and his hot new girlfriend ('cause chicks love mullets) to stop him by destroying every copy of the album. Look for a major continuity error when Eddie's girlfriend is counting to 100. Also look for cameo's by Ozzy Osbourne as a TV preacher, and future director Glenn Morgan as Eddie's buddy Roger. This one is so cheesy you can smell it!
Umaril The Unfeathered
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Pelinal na vasha, racuvar! Sa yando tyavoy nagaia!

« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2010, 11:28:10 AM »

Say no more, dear friend.  As a denim and leather clad metalhead of the 80's, about 6 or 7 friends and I went to the local theatre to see it, wearing our backpatch-laden denim vests with pride.

Of course, we got a lecture from the manager about not making any trouble in the theatre, and when I asked him if that applied just to us or the other folk, he threatened us with expulsion.

Of course, there were kids in the theatre acting worse than us, but since they were dressed nicer, their behavior didn't count. Add to it, the usual "you guys look like my sister" remarks and the usual remarks aimed at we metal warriors, it was a fun night.

Oh, the movie, I almost forgot. It was pretty good. Ozzy Osbourne as a preacher? Yeah right. Al least it was back when he could talk and form complete sentences,  BounceGiggle

Tam-Riel na nou Sancremath.
Dawn's Beauty is our shining home.

An varlais, nou bala, an kynd, nou latta.
The stars are our power, the sky is our light.

Malatu na nou karan.
Truth is our armor.

Malatu na bala
Truth is power.

Heca, Pellani! Agabaiyane Ehlnadaya!
Be gone, outsiders! I do not fear your mortal gods!

Auri-El na nou ata, ye A, Umaril, an Aran!
Aure-El is our father, and I, Umaril, the king!
ulthar

I AM serious, and stop calling me Shirley

« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2010, 12:08:04 PM »

This one is a guilty pleasure of mine...Skippy as a metalhead?  How could you go wrong with that premise?

Fun movie...    Cheers

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Professor Hathaway:  I noticed you stopped stuttering.
Bodie:      I've been giving myself shock treatments.
Professor Hathaway: Up the voltage.

--Real Genius
Umaril The Unfeathered

« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2010, 12:03:33 AM »

This one is a guilty pleasure of mine...Skippy as a metalhead?  How could you go wrong with that premise?

Fun movie...    Cheers

Yeah, Skippy as a metalhead, and Ozzy as a preacher of all things, which was the real fun part... BounceGiggle

Malatu na nou karan.
Truth is our armor.

Malatu na bala
Truth is power.

JayJayM12
Regulary relieves himself on hospitality...
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2011, 10:52:36 AM »

Definitely a big fan of this one!  I'll be checking it out (sorta) on the big screen on January 26th.  Horror Remix is doing "Death Rock", which will have a shortened version of this, along with Rock N Roll Nightmare, Hard Rock Zombies and a few others.  Can't wait!

Check out my movie reviews and articles at:  www.cinedump.com<br /><br />Or, don\\\'t check them out - see if I care.  You\\\'re not my real mom anyway.  Unless, you are.  In which case, whatever, I\\\'ll do what I want.  It\\\'s my hot body.  Y\\\'all don\\\'t know me.
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2011, 09:54:50 PM »

I find this film to be highly underrated even in the B-Movie world!  It actually flows nicely and is a good representation of people's attitude toward "evil" music at the time.

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2011, 07:35:42 AM »

a good representation of people's attitude toward "evil" music at the time.

During that period, I remember being told that I was going to hell because I listened to The Moody Blues, some of whose members practised -gasp!-shock!-horror! meditation and Eastern beliefs!!  Question

My answer to that was "If I'm going to go to hell for that, so be it and **** you very much for your opinions, they are not wanted."  TeddyR
« Last Edit: January 14, 2011, 07:41:55 AM by Trevor » Logged

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
JayJayM12
Regulary relieves himself on hospitality...
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2011, 03:54:06 PM »

a good representation of people's attitude toward "evil" music at the time.

During that period, I remember being told that I was going to hell because I listened to The Moody Blues, some of whose members practised -gasp!-shock!-horror! meditation and Eastern beliefs!!  Question

My answer to that was "If I'm going to go to hell for that, so be it and **** you very much for your opinions, they are not wanted."  TeddyR

Like I said above, I did end up going to the Horror Remix this past week that included the shortened version of this movie.  One of the best parts about the show was that between the shortened movies, they showed clips from a video that was obviously made in the 80s that talked all about the evils of rock/heavy metal music.  One of the greatest segments was when they did a whole thing on 'backmasking' and played clips of lots of songs backwards to reveal the hidden satanic messages - many of which were a huge stretch.  Apparently, and I kid you not, even Electric Light Orchestra hid a satanic message in one of their songs.  Great stuff!

Check out my movie reviews and articles at:  www.cinedump.com<br /><br />Or, don\\\'t check them out - see if I care.  You\\\'re not my real mom anyway.  Unless, you are.  In which case, whatever, I\\\'ll do what I want.  It\\\'s my hot body.  Y\\\'all don\\\'t know me.
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2011, 08:15:12 AM »

Definitely an old favorite of mine.  Been meaning to pick up the DVD for years.  Just a fun and silly movie, and I love the whole heavy metal thing - so cool  Thumbup

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2011, 08:58:04 AM »

Apparently, and I kid you not, even Electric Light Orchestra hid a satanic message in one of their songs.  Great stuff!

"The music is reversible, but Time is not. Turn back! Turn back! Turrrrrrnnnnnnnnnnn baaaaaaaaaaccccccccck!!!!" was the message on that ELO track.  TeddyR

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
movie masochist
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2011, 05:20:33 PM »

I remember really liking this in the '80s.  I'll have to pick up a copy when I can.  Thanks for the reminder.

thebestbadmovies.com

www.thebestbadmovies.com   Only the best of the worst
Umaril The Unfeathered

« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2011, 11:05:02 PM »

The 80's were the best time ever. I still remember it like it was yesterday... Bluesad

Malatu na nou karan.
Truth is our armor.

Malatu na bala
Truth is power.

claws
« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2011, 08:41:54 AM »

Haven't seen this since I first rented it on video but I remember liking it a lot. Wouldn't mind a decent widescreen DVD.

Some of my friends used to confuse this one with Trick or Treats - a decent 1982 slasher with black humor.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Movie Reviews  |  (The other) Trick or Treat (1986). « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.