Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 12:23:59 AM
714425 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Oh no... they might invade earth... and get their butts kicked « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Author Topic: Oh no... they might invade earth... and get their butts kicked  (Read 16081 times)
Barack Clinton
« Reply #30 on: January 07, 2011, 11:36:22 PM »

Another one is "the energy being" in Horror Express who kills many people by sucking their brains dry and then gets killed by....... an exploding train.  TeddyR

As a fan of Horror Express, I must point out the creature only lived by transferring it's being from host body to host body. When it went over the cliff, no time or suitable host to transfer to.
Barack Clinton
« Reply #31 on: January 07, 2011, 11:41:05 PM »

In the original book, the aliens were rocketed to earth by some sort of cannon, and they actually constructed the tripods on site. 

Also, Tron: Legacy does this.  The bad guy in the film is planning to invade the "real world".  With one ship and maybe a couple thousand guys, at least that's all we see.

Well, in all fairness IF they had some sort of incredibly advanced technology and power sources that were vastyl superior to our current tech they might have done it. I mean, imagine what military tech C2000 could have done to the worlds militaries of C1900.

Of course if they could get their computer world tech to work in the real world, the heoir needed to be "importing" their power technology, now.
Raffine
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #32 on: January 08, 2011, 09:09:42 AM »

Of course, on the opposite end of the spectrum we have that badass Ro-Man from ROBOT MONSTER. He's often mocked, but he did manage to wipe out Earth's entire civilization (except one annoying group) armed only with some stock footage and a bubble machine.

If you're an Andy Milligan fan there's no hope for you.
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #33 on: January 08, 2011, 09:59:49 AM »

Of course, on the opposite end of the spectrum we have that badass Ro-Man from ROBOT MONSTER. He's often mocked, but he did manage to wipe out Earth's entire civilization (except one annoying group) armed only with some stock footage and a bubble machine.

On the other hand, Ro-Man also had a weakness for LOVE.

Has anybody mentioned the Psychlos from Battlefield Earth, with an atmosphere that explodes when exposed to radiation?

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
Raffine

« Reply #34 on: January 08, 2011, 11:34:17 AM »

On the other hand, Ro-Man also had a weakness for LOVE.

Has anybody mentioned the Psychlos from Battlefield Earth, with an atmosphere that explodes when exposed to radiation?

Yeah...but... when Ro-Man turned into a total soliloquyin' wuss Great Guidance Ro-Man was able to destroy Ro-Man, the remaining humans, and the whole stinking planet with some lighting bolt finger zaps all the way from Planet Ro-Man. Why is this not in the plan?

Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #35 on: January 08, 2011, 11:38:12 AM »

Another one is "the energy being" in Horror Express who kills many people by sucking their brains dry and then gets killed by....... an exploding train.  TeddyR

As a fan of Horror Express, I must point out the creature only lived by transferring it's being from host body to host body. When it went over the cliff, no time or suitable host to transfer to.

And I must point out that the energy being is an alien which does get its butt kicked by something on earth: in this case, that train.

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Raffine

« Reply #36 on: January 08, 2011, 12:43:41 PM »

Beulah the Carrot Monster had a pretty p**spoor plan in IT CONQUERED THE WORLD: take over the whole planet with the aid of Lee Van Cleef, a handful mind-control bat creatures with a short shelf life, and a cave.

Defeated by Beverly Garland calling him 'ugly' and a few goofy army men rather easily knocking him over.

Umaril The Unfeathered

Pelinal na vasha, racuvar! Sa yando tyavoy nagaia!

« Reply #37 on: January 08, 2011, 02:52:46 PM »

Stock footage and a bubble machine, lmao  BounceGiggle

Robot Monster, how could I forget this one? Another one of the Bronson Canyon budget aliens that was a real hoot-a gorilla with a diving helmet and boots and a Calcinator Ray.   Ya' just gotta' love the way he threatened eveybody by walking up and down the hill and shaking his fist after he delivered his threats.  This one graces my DVD collection.

A bit off the topic, but I like that opening shot of all the classic 50's era comic books laying in a pile. I wonder if those were real or just one-sheets drawn for the opening graphics. Whatever they were, I love the classic artwork.

Tam-Riel na nou Sancremath.
Dawn's Beauty is our shining home.

An varlais, nou bala, an kynd, nou latta.
The stars are our power, the sky is our light.

Malatu na nou karan.
Truth is our armor.

Malatu na bala
Truth is power.

Heca, Pellani! Agabaiyane Ehlnadaya!
Be gone, outsiders! I do not fear your mortal gods!

Auri-El na nou ata, ye A, Umaril, an Aran!
Aure-El is our father, and I, Umaril, the king!
WildHoosier09
I'm the one who looks like he can use a keyboard
Bad Movie Lover

I've got to find out what causes this and put a st

« Reply #38 on: January 09, 2011, 01:40:30 PM »

You guys rock, there's tons of these I had never seen or even thought about.  I love the picture of the "robot" from the 50's flick.  Back then a guy in a cardboard box spraypainted silver with some old duct-work for arms could make a mint playing a "robot".

Interesting thing about the "War of the worlds". Even when NASA sent astronauts into outer space in the '60-70's when they returned they immediately put them into a giant isolation chamber with independent air-supply and watched them for a month or so for signs of death.  Keep in mind the astronauts typically just went straight up, maybe to the moon, and then came back.  They never encountered any biological specimens/aliens but NASA was scared to death they would come back with some variant space-disease that would wipe out the world so they held them in isolation for a while.  The surprising thing is that in alien movies (War of worlds-"WOW" is biggest offender) the aliens can't figure out how to do the same thing.  When the book WOW was written there was no way to effectively do biological seperation so this totally made sense. Throughout human history war is followed by disease as armies marched through different lands, ate different foods, slept with different prostitutes, and then went home to spread either black plague (middle ages), Cortez bringing small-pox to the new world, or 1913 Spanish Flu (WW1), etc.  Even though it is unlikely for disease to be able to transmit from human to alien because of different species it is possible that some  bacteria/micro-organism which has no impact on one or the other to be devastating.  If aliens did land on earth and they are intelligent enough to master long-distance space travel its a safe bet they will be intelligent enough to breathe their own air-supply and keep their suits on.

The only difference between zombies and toddlers is one is cuter than the other.
Raffine

« Reply #39 on: January 09, 2011, 01:54:00 PM »

Stock footage and a bubble machine, lmao  BounceGiggle

Robot Monster, how could I forget this one? Another one of the Bronson Canyon budget aliens that was a real hoot-a gorilla with a diving helmet and boots and a Calcinator Ray.   Ya' just gotta' love the way he threatened eveybody by walking up and down the hill and shaking his fist after he delivered his threats.  This one graces my DVD collection.

A bit off the topic, but I like that opening shot of all the classic 50's era comic books laying in a pile. I wonder if those were real or just one-sheets drawn for the opening graphics. Whatever they were, I love the classic artwork.

There's a theory ROBOT MONSTER is purposely a surreal mess because it is supposed to represent the fevered dream of a kid who's imagination is fueled by the horror and sci-fi comics like the ones seen in the titles.

That's one theory, at least!  TeddyR

El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #40 on: January 09, 2011, 03:36:13 PM »

The Brain From Planet Arous and Godzilla: Final Wars comes to mind.

yeah no.
Used Meathook
Templar Knight in Training
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #41 on: January 09, 2011, 04:22:06 PM »

Somebody correct me if I'm wrong (I haven't seen the film in about 20 years), but don't the Triffids (Day of the Triffids) die from contact with salt water? And weren't they situated around a sleepy little ocean-side town to begin with?  BounceGiggle
Jim H

« Reply #42 on: January 09, 2011, 04:54:43 PM »

In the original book, the aliens were rocketed to earth by some sort of cannon, and they actually constructed the tripods on site. 

Also, Tron: Legacy does this.  The bad guy in the film is planning to invade the "real world".  With one ship and maybe a couple thousand guys, at least that's all we see.

Well, in all fairness IF they had some sort of incredibly advanced technology and power sources that were vastyl superior to our current tech they might have done it. I mean, imagine what military tech C2000 could have done to the worlds militaries of C1900.

Of course if they could get their computer world tech to work in the real world, the heoir needed to be "importing" their power technology, now.

If you had a couple thousand guys and tried to conquer the world of 1900, you would lose HORRIBLY.  Hell, you couldn't even do it in 1632.  Biggest thing is your tech would start to break down and you wouldn't be able to maintain it.  You also would have no fuel sources. 

It's not quite the same thing anyway - there's nothing in the Tronverse that's going to beat out the US Air Force, for example.  They really don't have any tech that seems much better than ours (military wise), just different.
Couchtr26

« Reply #43 on: January 09, 2011, 05:11:00 PM »

If you had a couple thousand guys and tried to conquer the world of 1900, you would lose HORRIBLY.  Hell, you couldn't even do it in 1632.  Biggest thing is your tech would start to break down and you wouldn't be able to maintain it.  You also would have no fuel sources. 

Speaking of which there is actually a quasi historical example of this when we see the fight of the Native Americans against the US Cavalry.  Although there was some modern weapons they obtained, they were still largely stone age tech and effectively fought for many, many years.  I think the problem is people tend to underestimate people and not understand that human beings tend to find things to use effectively when an impetus is given.  A modern army may seem unstoppable but when the choice is ...or death humans tend to start thinking on ways to avoid that outcome.  Historically, we also had a deeper understanding of things far sooner then thought though practical application was sometimes lacking.  I mean even Rome was on the verge of the steam age.  We tend to forget our forefathers were more imaginative then we give them credit for and far more advanced in some cases then we expect or think. 

Ah, the good old days.
snowman
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #44 on: January 09, 2011, 07:35:47 PM »

Throughout human history war is followed by disease as armies marched through different lands, ate different foods, slept with different prostitutes, and then went home to spread either black plague (middle ages),

While there is some conjecture, its is generally believed that the plague was spread by rats and infected fleas via trading ships that had picked them up in the Middle east and transported them to Europe.

Cortez bringing small-pox to the new world,

Actually, it was the other way around. Earliest examples of small pox in the Old World is found in Egyptian mummies from 3000 years ago. Small pox was prevalent in Europe well before Chris and the boys sailed west.

or 1913 Spanish Flu (WW1), etc. 

You're probely right about this one. Its believed that the flu actually originated in the US and was transported by American soldiers heading to Europe to fight in WWI.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Oh no... they might invade earth... and get their butts kicked « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.