Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 06:55:31 AM
714393 Posts in 53096 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  WHEN,, WHERE,,, FIRST IMPRESSIONS!!!!!!! « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: WHEN,, WHERE,,, FIRST IMPRESSIONS!!!!!!!  (Read 3014 times)
macabre
Bad Movie Lover

I'M COMING FOR YOU!

« on: January 10, 2011, 12:22:13 PM »

Hi

I met my wife on this date 18rs ago, ,My first impression of her was that she was flirtatious, very sarcastic and annoying.I met my wife to be, in a rock club and she was with some friends and i was by myself(my mates refused to ride their bikes due to the heavy rain) she came up to me and asked me how long was my hair? That question was not entirely original and i laughed at her.My wife asked me at the end of the night if i would pick her up the following day and i liked her smile so i said yes.18 yrs later we have endured some lows and highs but she is my wife and she is the blood that flows through my heart. So what was your first impression of your partner?and where and when did you hook up?

GEEZ! I NEVER REALISED A BRAIN WEIGHED SO MUCH.
WHY HAVE YOU GOT A KNIFE IN YOUR HAND? I HAVEN'T IT'S IN YOUR CHEST.
A MARATHON! MY WIFE COULDN'T RUN A BATH WITHOUT FEELING TIRED.
Flick James
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2011, 12:43:34 PM »

I met my wife on New Years Eve. She was the best friend of my boss's wife. She was living in Los Angeles at the time and was visiting said best friend in Phoenix for their NYE party.

I knocked on the door, she answered. She's an insanely cute redhead, I have a thing for readheads, and I was smitten immediately. I was nervous and fumbling all night. I wanted to seem cool and attractive to her, so I spent the majority of the night trying to figure out how to behave. It turns out she felt the same about me upon first glance, and she was trying to play it right and as a result I thought she didn't really have any interest. She's got a thing for bald men, and I guess I reminded her a bit of Maynard from Tool whom she's always had a celebrity crush on.

I was crushed when I learned she was only in town for a few days and was going back to L.A. So I forced myself to accept that it wasn't going to happen. Later I found out when we were dating that I could have hit on her that NYE and got lucky with absolutely no problem.

Flash forward a few months. She ended up moving to Phoenix because she missed her friend and had burned out on L.A., and had found a job here. I was very happy when I learned that and started slowly working on asking her out. Several months later I finally worked up the nerve to ask her out, before learning that I had nothing to worry about, and it didn't take long for us to fall in love because we were both kind of halfway there aleady. Only a few months later we were engaged.

Two kids later, she is still in my blood. I try to imagine life without her and it's quite horrifying. We have our ups and downs. I'm a very private person who keeps things hidden, and through her I've learned to be more open and honest about myself.

I don't always talk about bad movies, but when I do, I prefer badmovies.org
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2011, 03:14:22 PM »

I met my wife at a bar.  She was at a snack table getting cheese and crackers or something.  There was a DJ there that night, so I went over to talk to her and ask if she wanted to dance.  She answered me with a thick accent (she's from Brazil).  I thought to myself, "Oh, no . . . she barely even speaks English."  We've been together for 17 years now . . . married for 16.

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2011, 03:44:59 PM »

I met my wife when we were in second grade, and she would run up and kick me in the shins because I was a boy.  We married in  Dec. 1984, and have been together ever since  . . . she's quite a gal.

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Cthulhu

« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2011, 02:41:01 PM »

Oh, come on, only 3 posts?
I'm interested in other people's stories too!
Paquita

« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2011, 06:57:17 PM »

I met my husband for lunch at work as just friends and at the time he literally looked like a grown up Waldo from Van Halen’s Hot for Teacher video – big thick dirty brown glasses, he purposely greased a part in his hair with greasy hair grease and pulled his pants up to his nipples and tucked his shirt in.  He thought he was dressing nice.  I wasn’t really trying to impress him, but I did want to borrow his Danzig comics.  I was totally disinterested in him in “that way,” I just liked him a lot as a friend.  I remember he seemed really nervous and knocked over all the trays in the cafeteria and I pretended not to notice.  Another time we went to lunch a fly landed on the lens of his glasses and proceeded to walk around the frame and he didn’t even try to shoo it away, and I just stared at it for at least 30 seconds in awe of the mythical majestic nerdiness of this man.   I eventually agreed to go out with him in the evening hours and I had a lot of fun!  I do give a little credit to the “Got Blood” t-shirt with a vampire on it that he was wearing for winning me over.  Even though he was the nerdiest person I had ever met, he is polite and attentive, we always have something to talk about, and he has an opinion and an answer for everything, even if it’s wrong or stupid, and he can always make me laugh.  I was so used to whiney “boys” that are just big downers and beg for sympathy around girls they like, so it was extremely refreshing to be around someone that had self confidence and a good sense of humor in spite of being somewhat of a social outcast.   I fell very much in love with him.. he’s always kind to me, disagreements hardly ever lead to arguments, and we have a lot of fun together. 

However, he did lose some of his credibility the first time I invited him over to my house and we were making a frozen pizza.  I said something about the cardboard that the pizza came on being wet so we couldn’t use it to put the pizza back on. He insisted that we could just put it in the oven to dry it off!  Since he’s quite a few years older than me, I was confident he had the worldly knowledge to make this claim and I put aside my doubts about mixing heat and paper and just agreed to it without question!  And then there was a little oven fire.  I’ve never completely believed anything he says since.
Killer Bees
Newly Appointed Government Employee and

Never give up on love

« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2011, 12:22:15 AM »

I met my partner 3 months ago.   After two failed marriages and being single and celibate for 4 years, I had finally made peace with myself that I would never find love in my lifetime.  So I just went about my business and concentrated on making money instead.

The celibate thing got really old after a while so I decided to sign up to a website where you just hook up for s3x only.  I figured if I couldn't find love, then physical release would be good enough.  I signed up on the Thursday evening and by the time I came home from work on the Friday evening, I had 11 replies, and all before I'd even put up a picture.

I replied to everyone, I was so surprised and happy at the responses.  My partner, Sean emailed me and said that I sounded like someone he would be compatible with.  I checked out his profile.  He's tall 6' 4", broad shouldered, a little chunky and thinning on top and he was wearing a Star Trek t-shirt   Smile  That was the clincher for me.  Also the fact that he's a Sagittarius I figured he would be lots of fun.

So I emailed him back and teased him mercilessly.  He loved it and by the fourth email (same day!) he asked me to dinner.  Two days later we met in the city for dinner and coffee and we just clicked.  He thought I was pretty and funny and he liked the fact that I'm curvy and not skinny like most girls.  I could take a joke and we had lots in common.

After dinner we went for a walk across the river and through the restaurant precinct and we ended up sitting by the river talking for hours.  I really liked him a lot and he felt the same.  I was really cold and he put his arm around me and rubbed my back.  I turned my head to thank him and he kissed me gently.  I just melted .  He was so gentle and well mannered and not sleazy and I couldn't remember the last time I enjoyed kissing a man so much.  We spent the rest of the date smooching and laughing and talking.  Eventually it was 1 am and we had work the next day.  So we walked back to the car hand in hand like we'd done it a million times.

He drove me home even though it was out of his way and he dropped me off with a gentle kiss and made a date for the next weekend because he had kids in between.  But the very next day he sent me an email at work thanking me for a wonderful time and telling me he couldn't wait to see me again.  So we chatted on Messenger every night and he emailed me constantly every day to keep in contact.

When we finally saw each other the next weekend, we went away to a B & B and consummated our relationship.  It was the most wonderful, gentle, exciting, romantic, loving experience I've ever had.  By the end of of the first week, we were saying I love you to each other and we've been pretty much inseparable since.

I get along brilliantly with his 3 teenaged kids and his parents love me and I couldn't be happier.

Flower, gleam and glow
Let your power shine
Make the clock reverse
Bring back what once was mine
Heal what has been hurt
Change the fates' design
Save what has been lost
Bring back what once was mine
What once was mine.......
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2011, 03:41:23 AM »

and pulled his pants up to his nipples and tucked his shirt in. 

Wow...... Buggedout Buggedout BuggedoutTeddyR

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2011, 07:07:40 AM »

I met my wife when I was picking up my kid from the babysitter. She was the sitters next door neighbor. She invited us in. In the middle of her living room there was a big easel with an oil painting in progress. She had a tarp on the floor covered in paint. She had one reclining chair,a bookshelf, and a tv on a small coffee table. No more furniture. Paintings were propped up along the walls. It was love at first sight. The next day we took a walk over to my house-she was sitting on the couch,and I kinda leaned over and kissed her-and then I asked her if I could kiss her!  Lookingup

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2011, 07:12:51 AM »

Ihe next day we took a walk over to my house-she was sitting on the couch,and I kinda leaned over and kissed her-and then I asked her if I could kiss her!  Lookingup

That is the first  Smile I have had today.  Thumbup

I have actually only known true love once in my life ~ I've never been married ~ and this friend of mine is my soulmate while she is (a) the sister I never had and (b) she is the only person that would make me literally melt and she is also the only person I would ever change my underpants for.  TeddyR Wink

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2011, 07:54:10 AM »

I met my wife when I was working part time at a clothing store while I was in college.  She trained me in on my job.  I thought she was incredibly cute, very warm and friendly, and normal.  I'd never been out with a normal girl before that - not within a thousand miles of normal.   I knew she liked me because I could just see her light up when I walked in the store, and she'd give me that cute little girl wave like cute girls do.  She says it wasn't too hard to figure out that I liked her too.  She even chuckles a lot when she talks about it.  I seem to remember being quite suave and sophisticated about the whole thing  Question  I started working there on Monday, and on Wednesday I asked her if she wanted to go out on Friday, but we ended up going out on Wednesday, and then Thursday, and Friday, Saturday and Sunday  TeddyR  
« Last Edit: January 13, 2011, 08:02:57 AM by Jack » Logged

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2011, 01:24:42 AM »

Wish I had a story to put in here.

Met a girl in 9th grade.  Was in love for a bit.  Then she became like, a whore, and well, no longer are we together.

Not for nothing but I kinda have a vastly negative image in the 'romance' department.  I hate it.

"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell."

Don’t get too close, it’s dark inside.
It’s where my demons hide, it’s where my demons hide.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  WHEN,, WHERE,,, FIRST IMPRESSIONS!!!!!!! « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.