Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 04:40:16 PM
714454 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Television  |  TV moments that made you scream in rage or frustration. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: TV moments that made you scream in rage or frustration.  (Read 15459 times)
Barack Clinton
« on: January 18, 2011, 12:54:56 AM »

Have you ever seen something that made you just scream in rage or frustration at the TV because it was so bad, so awful, so stupid, etc that you just couldn't stand it?

One for me was an early ep of "star trek enterprise" that had a couple of the crew land on a comet to "explore' it.

Well, they were walking on the comet like it had more than the .0001g such a small, low density body would have. That was bad.

Then the comet had a quake, and a fissure opens up, and the shuttlepod with the two bozos gets stuck inside it, until archer swallows his pride and asks a vulcan ship to tractor beam them out because the shuttlepod was stuck in the comet fissure and the guys couldn't get out.

OK, a comet pretty much has a low gravity well, being mostly low density iced with some rock tossed in here and there, and it's usually failry small, in terms of the nucleus, not the tail it gets when it hits the inner system and starts outgassing volatiles.

So a comet will likely have like a tiny, tiny percentage of a percent of a gravity well. Meaning our heroes could have each grabbed the shuttle with one hand, crouched and leaped off the comet and back towards enterprise taking the shuttle with them.

Really, being stuck in a comet's gravity would be like being held down by a flea.
akiratubo
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2011, 07:17:52 AM »

On an early episode of Lost, they were setting up an incestuous relationship with Boone and his sister but took great pains to make sure the audience knew they were only siblings by adoption (or marriage, whichever).

I thought, "Well, this show doesn't have any balls," and quit watching it after that.  (And from what I know of where the show ended up in later seasons, thank goodness.)

Not that incest gets me hot or anything but, if you're going to go there on your show, just GO THERE.  Don't take the easy way out.

Kneel before Dr. Hell, the ruler of this world!
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2011, 10:08:06 AM »

the opposite actually. Yesterday I was drunk and watching Fast Money going "I LOVE Melissa Lee" the host.
Flick James

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2011, 10:43:41 AM »

Any portion of an episode of Ally McBeal that I've made the mistake of watching.

I don't always talk about bad movies, but when I do, I prefer badmovies.org
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2011, 10:47:21 AM »

whenever Hillary comes on.
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2011, 10:51:49 AM »

On an early episode of Lost, they were setting up an incestuous relationship with Boone and his sister but took great pains to make sure the audience knew they were only siblings by adoption (or marriage, whichever).

I thought, "Well, this show doesn't have any balls," and quit watching it after that.  (And from what I know of where the show ended up in later seasons, thank goodness.)

Not that incest gets me hot or anything but, if you're going to go there on your show, just GO THERE.  Don't take the easy way out.

I immediately thought of the finale of Lost. After following that entire series, with all of the interesting questions and enticing possibilities, THAT was what they considered a resolution? They left a lot either unexplained or glossed over, and what was explained was just plain dumb.

And back in the early seasons of Star Trek: TNG, for any episode where a fight would be inevitable until a peaceful solution would appear out of nowhere at the last minute. As if I was expected to enjoy being teased with the possibility of excitement for most of the episode and having it yanked away suddenly by a piece of lazy writing.

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
Jim H

« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2011, 03:13:32 AM »

I'm not invested in it enough to literally scream, but the parts in the new V where they go on about "human souls" are just so stupid it boggles my mind.  More like, how could the Vs be so stupid.
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2011, 04:34:01 AM »

When some idiot renamed TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES as TEENAGE MUTANT HERO TURTLES.  Hatred

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
akiratubo

« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2011, 10:12:53 AM »

And back in the early seasons of Star Trek: TNG, for any episode where a fight would be inevitable until a peaceful solution would appear out of nowhere at the last minute. As if I was expected to enjoy being teased with the possibility of excitement for most of the episode and having it yanked away suddenly by a piece of lazy writing.

Action scenes cost money.  Diplomacy (i.e. talking) doesn't.

Kneel before Dr. Hell, the ruler of this world!
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2011, 11:40:36 AM »

Action scenes cost money.  Diplomacy (i.e. talking) doesn't.

Fine, but a good writer would make the diplomatic solution seem less like it was pulled out of his butt. And a good writer would build tension instead of anticipation, so viewers would feel relieved, rather than cheated. Those episodes were written in a way that they built up to action that didn't happen. If you want me to like the crafty diplomatic solution, make me dread the potential violence, not look forward to it. The original series did it all the time. Kirk talked his way out of a fight in some of the best episodes, because they were written so that the battle of wits was exciting. There was tension, and the audience gave a damn about the outcome. And there was usually something more at stake than just peaceful ideals. A shooting fight would have consequences more dire than just diplomacy failing and people potentially getting hurt. The Corbomite Maneuver is a great example of an episode with real tension and a peaceful outcome that was satisfying.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2011, 12:28:10 PM by AndyC » Logged

---------------------
ulthar

I AM serious, and stop calling me Shirley

« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2011, 11:53:01 AM »

Any time I see "the news."   Hatred

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Professor Hathaway:  I noticed you stopped stuttering.
Bodie:      I've been giving myself shock treatments.
Professor Hathaway: Up the voltage.

--Real Genius
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2011, 12:10:16 PM »

When they cancelled Rome, Deadwood and Arrested Development.  Did HBO really need another season of The Sopranos or Sex In The City btw?

Watching The Cleveland Show made me groan the other day.  There is no comedic appeal in that show...none. 

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
Flick James

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2011, 01:21:42 PM »

When they cancelled Rome, Deadwood and Arrested Development.  Did HBO really need another season of The Sopranos or Sex In The City btw?

Watching The Cleveland Show made me groan the other day.  There is no comedic appeal in that show...none. 

I haven't watched The Cleveland Show although I am a big Family Guy fan. Spinoffs just tend to scare me away.

I don't always talk about bad movies, but when I do, I prefer badmovies.org
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #13 on: January 21, 2011, 03:16:37 PM »

I haven't watched The Cleveland Show although I am a big Family Guy fan. Spinoffs just tend to scare me away.

I can't think of too many straight spinoffs that worked. I mean same character, same actor, not originally meant to have his own show. Frasier was probably the most successful, and that was a rare situation of a show well-tailored to a particularly suitable character. Wasn't a case of taking a one-note supporting character and tossing him into a stock sitcom. The spin-offs that worked for me were usually either spin-offs in name only, with very loose ties to the original (Trapper John M.D., CSI Miami, etc.) or spin-offs that were really just original shows whose characters were slipped into existing hits for a couple of episodes (Laverne & Shirley, Mork & Mindy, etc.) Very few real spinoffs get anywhere.

---------------------
Doggett
Bustin' makes me feel good !

I've seen things you people couldn't imagine...

« Reply #14 on: January 21, 2011, 05:21:08 PM »

Bridezillas.

Why are these men marrying them !
Where do these women come from, and being an ignorant, childish, selfish, shallow, rude, obnoxious woman is not an attractive quality.

WHY DO THEY BEHAVE LIKE THAT ?!?!?!

Bluesad

If God exists, why did he make me an atheist? Thats His first mistake.
Pages: [1] 2 3
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Television  |  TV moments that made you scream in rage or frustration. « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.