Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 04:34:17 AM
714392 Posts in 53096 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  I just realized that I'm going quite bald..... « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: I just realized that I'm going quite bald.....  (Read 8935 times)
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« on: January 21, 2011, 10:12:22 AM »

.....on the top of my head. Is that a good thing or a bad thing?

All I know is, I am cutting my hair very short and keeping it that way.

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2011, 10:48:06 AM »

I've had my head shaved for years.  If I let it grow, I'd just have a small amount of hair on top.  I figure it's easier just to shave it.  I never need to worry about wind, rain, bed-head, hat-head or anything like that.  It's pretty convenient, actually.

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
Flick James

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2011, 11:00:11 AM »

I've been razoring my head once or twice a week for about 8 years now. I'm glad because I met my wife after starting the bald head and she has a thing for that so it worked out very well. But I had also been buzzing my own head with a Wahl clipper for about a year before that. When I did have hair I had lots of it and grew it long. I prefer the bald thing because I never have to use shampoo and worry about my hair in the morning.

I have a receding hairline which doesn't bother me, and if it were just that I probably would still be growing my hair. But I have the bald patch on the top back that has been getting bigger every year and I just hate the bald patch. That was when I started shaving the dome.

You'll figure out what you want to do about it on your own, I'm sure.

I don't always talk about bad movies, but when I do, I prefer badmovies.org
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2011, 12:10:55 PM »

I shave my head too. I hate it. I wish I had hair, it's cold and I don't like the way it looks really.
Ed, Ego and Superego

« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2011, 02:24:24 PM »

Trev, being someone who went thin at age 25, its just a thing.
-Ed

Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?

Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes
Paquita

« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2011, 03:04:56 PM »

Oh Trevor, I'm sure you can rock that bald spot like no one else!  Don't worry about it! 
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2011, 04:51:30 PM »

Been shaving my head since about 1993. Was in my early 20s, had a full head of hair and nobody else was doing it. I just like it. When I started actually losing my hair (I noticed a growing area on the crown that stays smooth), I was very pleased. Less work and an overall better and longer-lasting baldness. I'm more concerned about the gradual greying of my beard.

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2011, 06:03:42 PM »

I've had my head shaved for years.  If I let it grow, I'd just have a small amount of hair on top.  I figure it's easier just to shave it.  I never need to worry about wind, rain, bed-head, hat-head or anything like that.  It's pretty convenient, actually.

Don't sweat it,Trevor-the only reason I dont cut my hair is that I'm insecure about my looks-I basically hide under my mop.
 I don't worry about wind,rain,bed-head,hat-head either....cuz I comb it once a day and say "fug it.". It gives me that mad scientist or insane homeless guy look.

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Umaril The Unfeathered

Pelinal na vasha, racuvar! Sa yando tyavoy nagaia!

« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2011, 06:35:35 PM »

Been shaving my head since about 1993. Was in my early 20s, had a full head of hair and nobody else was doing it. I just like it. When I started actually losing my hair (I noticed a growing area on the crown that stays smooth), I was very pleased. Less work and an overall better and longer-lasting baldness. I'm more concerned about the gradual greying of my beard.

I'll buy you a drink for that one, Andy; my grey goatee is almost actually white, and I'm only 46.  What's up with that?

As to baldness, I'm not bald on any spot of my head yet, but I have a Wahl clipper that sees my hair going to 3\4 of an inch to a full inch sometimes and just keeping it there. A nice middle-of-the-road sort of look.

Tam-Riel na nou Sancremath.
Dawn's Beauty is our shining home.

An varlais, nou bala, an kynd, nou latta.
The stars are our power, the sky is our light.

Malatu na nou karan.
Truth is our armor.

Malatu na bala
Truth is power.

Heca, Pellani! Agabaiyane Ehlnadaya!
Be gone, outsiders! I do not fear your mortal gods!

Auri-El na nou ata, ye A, Umaril, an Aran!
Aure-El is our father, and I, Umaril, the king!
retrorussell
In the town of Valentine Bluffs, there are many ways to die. Take your pick.

Hanniger! I'll be waiting in HELL for you!

« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2011, 10:22:23 PM »

Sheesh.. I started going bald in my early 20s.  Now I got nothing on top, but hair down to my shoulder blades in the back to make up for it.  Smile

Just don't get a rug.  I'll have to make fun of you.  TeddyR

"O the legend they say, on a Valentine's Day, is a curse that'll live on and on.."
Mofo Rising
Global Moderator

My cat can eat a whole watermelon!

« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2011, 02:21:40 AM »

I've had a substantially growing "Friar Tuck" bald spot on my head since my early twenties, with gray hair to boot. Can't say I care at all. I've had a monobrow since I was in high school, another supposedly hair sin, and I've never made an attempt to hide it.

The only time you should care is in your presentation to the opposite sex (or same sex, if that's the way your gate swings). But anybody who is serious about your hair, or lack thereof, is not somebody you should be serious about.

The only thing that really bugs me about it is that I'm done with any sort of "cool hairstyle." Once you start going bald, "short" is your hairstyle.

Every dead body that is not exterminated becomes one of them. It gets up and kills. The people it kills, get up and kill.
ImaginaryFoot
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2011, 03:18:29 AM »

I gotta bald spot the size of Montana. I shaved my head for years and just got out of the habit. Gettin ready to do it again

Lima beans are the Devil
Couchtr26

« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2011, 04:28:57 AM »

I currently have hair but not much it is both receding and growing a nice bald spot on the very top that you could probably reflect something off if you wanted to beam some message into orbit. 

Ah, the good old days.
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2011, 08:07:21 AM »

The only thing that really bugs me about it is that I'm done with any sort of "cool hairstyle." Once you start going bald, "short" is your hairstyle.

I had a friend who started going bald pretty much right after high school. It took years for him to figure out that shorter hair minimizes the effect. Another friend and I would say it, but I guess it seemed counterintuitive to him or something. It's a matter of contrast. Buzz the hair and the balding areas stand out less. A back and sides long enough to stick out made the top seem even balder by comparison. This guy had a narrow face and a high forehead to begin with, which emphasized his receding hairline all the more.

Me, I don't view male pattern baldness as anything wrong. It's just another way that hair grows. I get annoyed at the tendency to treat it like it's unnatural, or some kind of disease to be cured. Mind you, since I see baldness as a hairstyle, that gives me a different perspective. To me, it's a good thing.

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #14 on: January 22, 2011, 09:07:04 AM »

Perhaps a comb over is needed?

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
Pages: [1] 2 3
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  I just realized that I'm going quite bald..... « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.