Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 05:19:03 PM
714454 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  BLAZE STARR GOES NUDIST (1962) « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: BLAZE STARR GOES NUDIST (1962)  (Read 2778 times)
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« on: January 29, 2011, 07:24:42 PM »

Here's a vintage (and bad) nudist camp, movie from the fabulous 1960s.  And it was directed by none other than Doris Wishman . . . in glorious Eastman Color!  Similar to other Wishman movies, this one appears to have been filmed silent with the dialogue dubbed in during post production.

As the title reveals, this movie stars famous redheaded stripper Blaze Starr.  She becomes bored with the hustle and bustle of being an actress and tells her agent/fiancee she needs something different.

One afternoon, Blaze goes to a cinema and watches a movie about a nudist colony.  She thinks it looks relaxing, so she decides to spend the weekend at a local "nature camp."  She enjoys it so much she spends every weekend there, but refuses to tell her fiancee where she is going.

The nudist camp scenes are priceless.  People entertain themselves with chess, checkers, archery, swimming, paddling around a pond in a plastic row boat, volleyball, and lounging in hammocks.  The camp director (played by Ralph Young of the Sandler & Young music duo) always wears a striped bathing suit . . . and occasionally plays the accordion.

This is a cheap, pointless relic . . . but it's worth seeing just for its nudie movie historical value.  Plus, Blaze's flaming red hair (and big boobs) are mesmerizing in Eastman Color.

The Something Weird DVD also has two of Blaze's black & white striptease acts. 

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
Archivist

« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2011, 12:27:36 AM »

This sounds funny as heck.  Were they actually naked in this movie, or was it all strategic covering and clever camera angles?

"Many others since have tried & failed at making a watchable parasite slug movie" - LilCerberus
The Burgomaster

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2011, 08:51:55 AM »

This sounds funny as heck.  Were they actually naked in this movie, or was it all strategic covering and clever camera angles?

Breasts and asses are nude, but frontal areas are covered (for example, the women usually have their legs crossed or are lying on their stomachs).  There's one scene where people are playing volleyball and the players on the team facing the camera are all wearing shorts!

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
snowman
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2011, 10:56:23 AM »

This sounds funny as heck.  Were they actually naked in this movie, or was it all strategic covering and clever camera angles?

Breasts and asses are nude, but frontal areas are covered (for example, the women usually have their legs crossed or are lying on their stomachs).  There's one scene where people are playing volleyball and the players on the team facing the camera are all wearing shorts!

Quite common in those days. There was always something in the way newspaper, beach ball, plants, etc. I remember one movie (Diary of a Nudist - 1961) where a bunch of guys/girls go horse back riding. All they did was ride around, around and around, boring.
The Burgomaster

« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2011, 04:25:24 PM »

Quite common in those days. There was always something in the way newspaper, beach ball, plants, etc. I remember one movie (Diary of a Nudist - 1961) where a bunch of guys/girls go horse back riding. All they did was ride around, around and around, boring.

I have that one, too, but I didn't watch it yet.  These were all included in a boxed set from Something Weird.

AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2011, 04:41:36 PM »

Saw this a few years ago. We ran across it on Drive-In Classics one evening and had a good laugh watching it. What stands out in my memory is an extremely long underwater segment of a naked woman swimming in a pool, as well as people picking flowers that looked as if they'd just been scattered around, and a long wait for a very short look at Blaze's boobs. They seemed to go out of their way to show people engaging in a wide variety of wholesome leisure activities in the nude.

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
Torgo

« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2011, 05:51:41 PM »

I've got this sampler DVD from Something Weird that has like 4 hours of old trailers from their cataloge on it. I remember the trailer for Blaze Starr Goes Nudist being on it. Nothing about it really stood out from all of the multitude of other nudie trailers that are on that Extra Weird Sampler.

"There is no way out of here. It'll be dark soon. There is no way out of here."
Ed, Ego and Superego

« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2011, 06:01:21 PM »

They seemed to go out of their way to show people engaging in a wide variety of wholesome leisure activities in the nude.
A lot of the nudist stuff is like that... sort of "Hey we're naked and still do normal stuff, but NAKED. "

Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?

Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2011, 07:30:58 PM »

They seemed to go out of their way to show people engaging in a wide variety of wholesome leisure activities in the nude.
A lot of the nudist stuff is like that... sort of "Hey we're naked and still do normal stuff, but NAKED. "

I suppose that's the trade-off for being allowed to film in the nudist camp. The movie has to be somewhat positive and educational, even if the filmmakers have sexploitation in mind.

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  BLAZE STARR GOES NUDIST (1962) « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.