Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 01:37:31 AM
712922 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Press Releases and Film News  |  Egypt is falling « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]
Author Topic: Egypt is falling  (Read 53459 times)
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #75 on: February 11, 2011, 10:39:59 AM »

NY Daily News Headline "Cling Tut"
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #76 on: February 11, 2011, 12:57:46 PM »

Democracy protests bring down Egypt's Mubarak 

CAIRO – Egypt exploded with joy, tears, and relief after pro-democracy protesters brought down President Hosni Mubarak with a momentous march on his palaces and state TV. Mubarak, who until the end seemed unable to grasp the depth of resentment over his three decades of authoritarian rule, finally resigned Friday and handed power to the military.

"The people ousted the regime," rang out chants from crowds of hundreds of thousands massed in Cairo's central Tahrir Square and outside Mubarak's main palace several miles away in a northern district of the capital.

The crowds in Cairo, the Mediterranean city of Alexandria and other cities around the country burst into pandemonium. They danced, chanted "goodbye, goodbye," and raised their hands in prayer as fireworks and car horns sounded after Vice President Omar Suleiman made the announcement on national TV just after nightfall... 

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20110211/ap_on_re_mi_ea/ml_egypt

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #77 on: February 11, 2011, 01:08:29 PM »

cue for FOX to begin the demonization of Egypt and whoever they elect as the new Hitler.
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #78 on: February 11, 2011, 03:36:31 PM »

A credible theory is Mubarak stepped down because the army stopped supporting him, and the army may well choose the next leader.  It seems to me a good possibility is that Egypt gets a more popular dictator rather than a democratically elected leader.  The country is now being run by the Armed Forces Supreme Council---that doesn't sound good.  Maybe it will turn out that they do become a representative democracy, but I'm skeptical.

Then again, I thought the Egyptians would probably crush the protests the way the Iranians did, so what do I know?

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #79 on: February 11, 2011, 03:42:50 PM »

well, In Iran ahmednejad has a well of support, mostly among the sort of red staters there, the country folk and the working classes, not all of them but alot of them. Mubarak had zero popular support.
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #80 on: February 12, 2011, 01:05:19 AM »

I  hope that the people of Egypt will elect a progressive, democratic government.
But frankly, I give it a snowball's chance.  They will most likely elect a radical Islamist. Most recent opinion polls in Egypt, conducted by Pew, show that 84% favor the death penalty for anyone converting away from Islam, 70% favor thieves having their hands cut off, and over 70% favor segregation of men and womein in the workplace.  Long story short, these people seem to want Sharia Law established and Radical Islamists to enforce it.  That means another terror-sponsoring, Christian-hating, uncivilized country full of barbarians with billions of dollars worth of sophisticated military equipment.

Lester, Radical Islam is the most evil philosophy current in the world today.  The ARE the Nazis of the 21st century.  I don't get why you can't understand that.

My most passionate and fervent hope is that I am wrong in everything that I wrote above.  But TRUE democratic societies - ones that respect the rights  of women and religious minorities, and don't sponsor international terrorism - have a crappy track record of forming in the Middle East.  I hate to rain on the parade, but I call em like I see em.

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Barack Clinton
« Reply #81 on: February 12, 2011, 02:36:37 AM »

Indianasmith, what you talk about as radical islam is exactly what the far right and the teabaggers want to do to america, except instead of an islmaofascist nation they'd like to turn america into a christianofascist nation.

As to the egypt situation, here's a funny cartoon that really sums it up. To see it replace the --- at the beginning with www

---.salon.com/ent/comics/this_modern_world/2011/02/08/this_modern_world/story.jpg
Jim H
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #82 on: February 12, 2011, 03:35:12 AM »

But TRUE democratic societies - ones that respect the rights  of women and religious minorities, and don't sponsor international terrorism - have a crappy track record of forming in the Middle East.  I hate to rain on the parade, but I call em like I see em.

Maybe you should hope for a leader like Jordan's kings.  Probably the closest thing we've seen to benevolent dictators in recent times.  Their past four kings have led a country with extreme religious elements in a very progressive direction, generally quite successfully. 
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #83 on: February 12, 2011, 09:51:58 AM »

I doubt what Egypt comes up with could be worse than Saudi Arabia who are THE biggest sponsors of terror ever and have pretty much no rights for women or religous minorities. I don't see how that would even be possible, unless they created a garment for women which they could not see out of AT ALL. So the bar is very low here.
Umaril The Unfeathered

Pelinal na vasha, racuvar! Sa yando tyavoy nagaia!

« Reply #84 on: February 12, 2011, 11:40:41 AM »

Lester, Radical Islam is the most evil philosophy current in the world today.  The ARE the Nazis of the 21st century.  I don't get why you can't understand that.

I know, Indy.

Also, why is it that people on Hollywood's "A" list and the old hens on "The View"
(for starters) always show sympathy and support for Islamic extremists, fully ignorant of the fact that their support is nothing but a tool, and that they themselves are just as much a target for their anger and hatred?

They don't see that they are just as much a target as any one of us.

Does anyone think the World Trade Center would have been spared if they knew Michael
Moore or O' Donnell were in them (or in Moore's case, on TOP of the WTC fighting off National Guard choppers and planes?)  Hell no.   

You're not the only one who dosen't understand this mindset, Indy.

Tam-Riel na nou Sancremath.
Dawn's Beauty is our shining home.

An varlais, nou bala, an kynd, nou latta.
The stars are our power, the sky is our light.

Malatu na nou karan.
Truth is our armor.

Malatu na bala
Truth is power.

Heca, Pellani! Agabaiyane Ehlnadaya!
Be gone, outsiders! I do not fear your mortal gods!

Auri-El na nou ata, ye A, Umaril, an Aran!
Aure-El is our father, and I, Umaril, the king!
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #85 on: February 12, 2011, 08:36:03 PM »

Indianasmith, what you talk about as radical islam is exactly what the far right and the teabaggers want to do to america, except instead of an islmaofascist nation they'd like to turn america into a christianofascist nation.

As to the egypt situation, here's a funny cartoon that really sums it up. To see it replace the --- at the beginning with www

---.salon.com/ent/comics/this_modern_world/2011/02/08/this_modern_world/story.jpg

As a Republican and a Christian and a Tea Party supporter, I call BS on that.  I have been in the church my entire life and I have yet to meet a  Christian who wants to stone anyone to death, cut anyone's hand off, or murder anyone for abandoning Christianity.  Have you ever actually ATTENDED a Tea Party rally?  Of course not.  You just grab the liberal talking points and go play the "moral equivalency" game!  Let me ask you this - how many Baptist suicide bombers have blown up buses or busy marketplaces in the last year?  When was the last time a Presbyterian flew a jumbo jet into a skyscraper, or a Pentecostal drove a truck full of explosives into a police station?  Your comment simply exposes you for the knee-jerk Christian hater that you are!

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Umaril The Unfeathered

Pelinal na vasha, racuvar! Sa yando tyavoy nagaia!

« Reply #86 on: February 12, 2011, 10:10:30 PM »

As a Republican and a Christian and a Tea Party supporter, I call BS on that.  I have been in the church my entire life and I have yet to meet a  Christian who wants to stone anyone to death, cut anyone's hand off, or murder anyone for abandoning Christianity.  Have you ever actually ATTENDED a Tea Party rally?  Of course not.  You just grab the liberal talking points and go play the "moral equivalency" game!  Let me ask you this - how many Baptist suicide bombers have blown up buses or busy marketplaces in the last year?  When was the last time a Presbyterian flew a jumbo jet into a skyscraper, or a Pentecostal drove a truck full of explosives into a police station?  Your comment simply exposes you for the knee-jerk Christian hater that you are!

Seems that some of the hatred the Left points at the Right seems to see them excuse some of their own actions: you have the  threats against Sarah Palin, the attacks upon Anne Coulter, the effigies of Palin and McCain hung by the neck during the elections, and so on. Anyone remember junior Democrat Timothy Horrigan's facebook rant about Sarah Palin?

Then there was the one Keith Olbermann show where he and Jeanine Giraffe-a**hole went on a half hour of vile innuendos, suppositions, and alternate phrase words to describe the Tea Party and Conservatives in general on everything from their birth to their sexual preferences.

Seems THAT'S ok, right? But let's not forget that if a conservative did any these things, the Left and the Media would have a field day as everyone from Chris Matthews to the losers on The View would be speaking hatred and violent extremism.

It's free speech  when the Left antagonizes, threatens and screams down their opponents, but it's extremism when the right does it.

I love how these people roll.... BounceGiggle

Tam-Riel na nou Sancremath.
Dawn's Beauty is our shining home.

An varlais, nou bala, an kynd, nou latta.
The stars are our power, the sky is our light.

Malatu na nou karan.
Truth is our armor.

Malatu na bala
Truth is power.

Heca, Pellani! Agabaiyane Ehlnadaya!
Be gone, outsiders! I do not fear your mortal gods!

Auri-El na nou ata, ye A, Umaril, an Aran!
Aure-El is our father, and I, Umaril, the king!
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #87 on: February 13, 2011, 10:41:43 AM »

Schubby guys in Egypt agree to put off helping cleaning till Monday.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Press Releases and Film News  |  Egypt is falling « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.