Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 08:21:17 AM
714434 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Oscar Bones now showing on YouTube - « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Oscar Bones now showing on YouTube -  (Read 2039 times)
peter johnson
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« on: January 31, 2011, 03:05:09 PM »

The short fantasy film that I was working on for the better part of last year has been posted to YouTube, as the director got tired of waiting for the various film festivals to make up their minds - see below -

To all you film lovers out there, here is a short film called Oscar Bones. It is a magical tale, built around the theme that things are not always what they seem.
Fairytale movies need fairytale endings. Would you please follow this link, watch it and let us know what you think? Everyone worked on this movie for free and it was made for next to nothing, a real labor of love. Now we need your help getting it seen! You can help us do this by passing on this link to anyone you think might enjoy it.
Comment on Youtube and let us know what you think.  Happy days~

Small | Large

I have no idea what this means.
peter johnson

« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2011, 01:11:11 PM »

If you do go to the site and watch, criticism would be welcome, as we may remake it as a feature-length.  I have gotten some very constructive ideas from some people -

RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2011, 01:33:23 PM »

I think it was quite well done. Though being it seems to be set it the early 60's some of the period dress should be more appropriate ie. I dont think they had hoodies with zippers on the hood back than. Otherwise,it has a nice Ray Bradbury feel to it.

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
peter johnson

« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2011, 12:18:43 AM »

Good observation, RC, - The "Time" involved is supposed to be "Time-less-ness" - re.  This story could be taking place at any point in space and time.  Therefore, the carcasses of the cars, from various eras, indicates the dead space of time - that this moment has always happened/is happening now/is yet to happen.  The "Old Wisshin Bridge" has always been there/has never existed/has always existed.  Steven Hawking's "The Grand Design" is informative here -

peter johnson

« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2011, 01:49:14 PM »

Oscar has been taken down from YouTube due to its being accepted in the Boston Underground Film Festival - should be playing in Cambridge, MA, on or around the 24th of March - watch for it if in the Boston area -

peter

peter johnson

« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2011, 06:13:50 PM »

"Oscar Bones" is now an official entry in the Cheyenne International Film Festival - Roll them Bones!! - If you know anyone in Wyoming, they should be able to see it on or around May 11 -

Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Oscar Bones now showing on YouTube - « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.