Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 11:51:24 AM
714471 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7743 Members
Latest Member: medikam
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Awesome Deals « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Awesome Deals  (Read 3214 times)
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« on: February 05, 2011, 10:07:49 PM »

In the random thoughts thread I posted about buying this below for a $1.00...

We've all been in the right place at the right time (hopefully) at some point when it comes to getting a good deal.  What are some of your stories?

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2011, 10:14:10 PM »

my mum got an '04 Mustang for $13,000+tax in the Jan. of 04. Her's is a V-6 Standard, no options. The other Stangs there were used V-8 automatics for 20K

yeah no.
Umaril The Unfeathered
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Pelinal na vasha, racuvar! Sa yando tyavoy nagaia!

« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2011, 10:19:48 PM »

Well, I guess the evil Ayleid sorceror-king can once again relate his story about the day he got a great deal--years ago at Electronics Boutique, I got a pristine condition DVD boxset of the Ultimate Edition of Dawn of The Dead. The normal price was around almost 80 bucks with tax, but I got mine for 14 dollars! Thank God for bargain bins.

4 discs: American and European theatrical cuts, the Director's Cut, and a loaded disc of extras. A comic book of the movie, and floor plans of the Monroeville Mall shoing the tactical base our heroes set up as per the movie.  

Same day, I also scored 2 Armored Saint CD's- Raising Fear and their first album (forgot the name) with the classic "Can You Deliver" both for 5 bucks.  I never metioned it in the other post about the Flyboy figure because it wasn't really relevant.  Nice side deal though, huh?

Tam-Riel na nou Sancremath.
Dawn's Beauty is our shining home.

An varlais, nou bala, an kynd, nou latta.
The stars are our power, the sky is our light.

Malatu na nou karan.
Truth is our armor.

Malatu na bala
Truth is power.

Heca, Pellani! Agabaiyane Ehlnadaya!
Be gone, outsiders! I do not fear your mortal gods!

Auri-El na nou ata, ye A, Umaril, an Aran!
Aure-El is our father, and I, Umaril, the king!
Couchtr26

« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2011, 10:56:32 PM »

A few times.

When I was much younger, I loved Star Wars and got into the roleplaying game.  Purchased the main rules system book, a bunch of modules and supplemental books for a buck each as the store was trying to remove old stock. 

I also got a recent copy of Symphony of the Night for PS One used for $3 from a Blockbuster that was going out of business.  Not necessarily the greatest deal but the prices you see online are way above that price. 

Ah, the good old days.
retrorussell
In the town of Valentine Bluffs, there are many ways to die. Take your pick.

Hanniger! I'll be waiting in HELL for you!

« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2011, 03:46:56 AM »

Lots of 50-something inch flat screen tvs for under $1,000 right now.

Albertsons has lots of super-cheap stuff on sale with the green (discontinued) tags.

My (first) house was a great deal.  $168K for 1300-some square feet and it's in GREAT condition.  3 bed 1 1/2 bath and fireplace.  Just had to paint a bit and cut ivy off the fence.  When the weather gets better my dad and I will replace the deck.  But still a fantastic deal.

"O the legend they say, on a Valentine's Day, is a curse that'll live on and on.."
claws
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2011, 04:22:41 AM »

Last October I was ordering The Omega Man on Blu-ray at Amazon.de. There was a glitch on Amazon's site at the same time and the price for my copy was listed for $2.00!
I thought it was odd but completed my order and got my disk two days later for that very price. As it turned out about 50 Blu-rays were incorrectly listed for $2.00 that day for almost an hour. Amazon immediately canceled all $2.00 orders except for mine. Mine somehow slipped through the cracks and they never billed me for the full price.
Umaril The Unfeathered

Pelinal na vasha, racuvar! Sa yando tyavoy nagaia!

« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2011, 12:04:14 PM »

Last October I was ordering The Omega Man on Blu-ray at Amazon.de. There was a glitch on Amazon's site at the same time and the price for my copy was listed for $2.00!
I thought it was odd but completed my order and got my disk two days later for that very price. As it turned out about 50 Blu-rays were incorrectly listed for $2.00 that day for almost an hour. Amazon immediately canceled all $2.00 orders except for mine. Mine somehow slipped through the cracks and they never billed me for the full price.

Wow, now that's what I call good luck..

Tam-Riel na nou Sancremath.
Dawn's Beauty is our shining home.

An varlais, nou bala, an kynd, nou latta.
The stars are our power, the sky is our light.

Malatu na nou karan.
Truth is our armor.

Malatu na bala
Truth is power.

Heca, Pellani! Agabaiyane Ehlnadaya!
Be gone, outsiders! I do not fear your mortal gods!

Auri-El na nou ata, ye A, Umaril, an Aran!
Aure-El is our father, and I, Umaril, the king!
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2011, 04:19:12 PM »

you lucky bastard! Wink

I got a 700+ piece Lego technic of $20.00, used, but in excellent condition! Thumbup

yeah no.
BTM

« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2011, 09:07:51 PM »

I got a 700+ piece Lego technic of $20.00, used, but in excellent condition! Thumbup

Wow!  As someone who used to work at a Toys R Us, I know how crazy expensive those Lego sets can be.

"Some people mature, some just get older." -Andrew Vachss
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2011, 03:35:07 PM »

I was in the supermarket a couple months ago and they had a whole section of rib eye steaks with the wrong stickers on the packages.  The stickers were for pork chops or something for something like $1.69 a pound.  Rib eyes usually range from about $5.99 - $9.99 a pound depending on if you get them on sale or not.  I grabbed EVERY package that had the wrong price on it.  The cashier never noticed the error.

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2011, 08:55:03 PM »

Wow!  As someone who used to work at a Toys R Us, I know how crazy expensive those Lego sets can be.

twas dis

yeah no.
JJ80
Nutter Magnet

« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2011, 08:58:30 PM »

Back when I was at uni I managed to find a carded small Godzilla figure in a  pound shop in Glasgow.

There are few things more beautiful than a sporting montage with a soft-rock soundtrack
BTM

« Reply #12 on: February 09, 2011, 02:43:03 PM »

I managed to find this old Star Wars VHS special that had two "making of" features on it from both the original Star Wars and Empire Strikes Back (I believe the VHS actually came out before Jedi was released.)

Bought it at a pawn shop for only $3.00.  

THEN, I went and sold it on eBay for $35.

:)
« Last Edit: February 09, 2011, 07:31:43 PM by BTM » Logged

"Some people mature, some just get older." -Andrew Vachss
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Awesome Deals « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.