Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 07:38:14 PM
714494 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7744 Members
Latest Member: MichelFran
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Thoughts on celibacy? « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: Thoughts on celibacy?  (Read 8993 times)
dean
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #30 on: February 22, 2011, 07:35:07 AM »

Animals never marry. I wasn't talking about monogamy not existing in nature, I was talking about marriage. You can still be monogamous and not be married, by having one GIRLFRIEND for life. Marriage causes problems.

BounceGiggle

I couldn't help but chuckle, imagining a Monkey wedding.  Come on, everyone do it, it's fun! 

I bet the Father of the Bride went bananas when he heard his little girl was getting hitched.   Twirling

In any case, is there even such a thing from abstinence from being married?  Isn't that just being not married?

Anywho:

To those who practice celibacy willingly [and effectively] Thumbup

To those who are thrust onto it only because of a lack of interest  Bluesad

To those who bump and grind their way through life  hot

Personally I'm in it for the companionship, and the physicality of having someone to share your time with [not necessarily sexually].  All the better it happens to be with someone I care alot about and who lets me get near their swimsuit areas, though to be perfectly honest I'd be perfectly happy doing the nasty like a rock star with meaningless hookups. 

As long as I had somebody to share my time with I'd be pretty happy, despite me being the happy monogamist that I am.   Thumbup  Whilst I'm happy in love, I recognise that realistically love and sex don't have to be joined at the hip.  Wink

Celibacy is a tough mental task, if only for the fact that our brains and bodies are wired against it.  I think people put too much pressure on it either way.  At one point I actually benched myself for about a year, and as Bees mentioned, sometimes being 'out of action' can make you realise a few things about yourself and for me it was that the act of sex is just a fun thing to do.  I love doing it, but to be honest, I could just as easily spend my time doing something else more practical [then months later probably snap and do something stupid...] 

As long as you don't let your promiscuity or your celibacy define you then I don't see what the problem is. 

Anyways Trevor, good luck in your endeavours, be it getting closer to this colleague physically or emotionally.  Because that's really what I'm hearing: that you want to get to know this person better because they seem like a good sort, and if you happen to get to know them more while doing the horizontal tango, all the better!

------------The password will be: Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch
Flick James
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #31 on: February 22, 2011, 10:55:37 AM »

We have urges. Those urges are there for a reason. Sex is something we are driven by nature to do.

We have brains that have the ability to reason. That ability is also there for a reason. Reasoning and making decisions is something we are driven by nature to do.

Somewhere in between those two truths we have the capability of making sound choices AND satisfying our natural urges, however much we as humans may fail to do, either a lot or a little.

As a board I think we should feel flattered that you would want our input on this, Trevor. I appreciate Newt's probing and I'm with her: go for it!

I don't always talk about bad movies, but when I do, I prefer badmovies.org
The Gravekeeper
addicted to the macabre
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #32 on: February 23, 2011, 10:33:56 AM »

What's the purpose of marriage? Well, going by my anthropology class (yeah, yeah, I've only taken the one but I still have to take more classes in departments other than Art, so you can bet that Anthro, Archeology and Psychology are the top of my list of subjects I intend to learn more about), one of the basic, secular purposes of marriage is to place social pressure on a couple to stick together so that any children they have are more likely to get properly looked after. Can single parents raise children? Sure. It's just a hell of a lot harder to find the time to both raise the money required for meeting their basic needs and to sit down and raise. Young kids don't need "quality time," they need quantity.
JaseSF
Super Space Age Freaky Geek
B-Movie Kraken

Soon, your brain will turn to jelly.

« Reply #33 on: February 24, 2011, 08:31:14 AM »

I firmly believe in abstinence until you are with the person, that special somebody, you feel is right. I don't think it's very smart to have as many partners as you can and that seems kind of sad and meaningless to me although I hope those who do practice this take as many precautions as they possibly can. I went many years before I found the right person and while I didn't wait unil marriage, I never rushed into anything thoughtless or with somebody I had no feelings for...

"This above all: To thine own self be true!"
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Thoughts on celibacy? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.