Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 03:28:37 AM
712924 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Fact Of The Day « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 127
Author Topic: Fact Of The Day  (Read 628728 times)
Chainsawmidget
« Reply #450 on: March 26, 2013, 12:09:29 PM »

The first person ever shown on a toilet in movie history was ... Orson Welles.
LilCerberus
A Very Bad Person, overweight bald guy with a missing tooth, and
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

« Reply #451 on: March 26, 2013, 09:49:28 PM »

The guitarist for the British rock group Yes has three spleens.
It was discovered following a motorcycle accident, surgeons found he had four, but had to remove one.

"Science Fiction & Nostalgia have become the same thing!" - T Bone Burnett
The world runs off money, even for those with a warped sense of what the world is.
BoyScoutKevin

« Reply #452 on: April 01, 2013, 02:37:29 PM »

Fact: You probably know about the 7 Wonders of the Ancient World, but did you know about the 7 New Wonders of the World, that were chosen in 2005?

Not that I'm interested. Not in an unknown selection process that winnowed the 200 nominees to 21 finaiists. Not in the ballot stuffing that picked the 7 winners from the 21 finalists. What interests me is who failed to make the final cut. And here are some of them.

the giant statues of Easter Island -- Moscow's Kremlin -- Sydney Opera House -- England's Stonehenge -- Greece's Acropolis -- Paris' Eiffel Tower.

Next time: What's in a name?
and maybe two film casts from two upcoming films that are casting outside the box.
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #453 on: April 04, 2013, 01:00:17 AM »

Fact: You probably know about the 7 Wonders of the Ancient World, but did you know about the 7 New Wonders of the World, that were chosen in 2005?

Not that I'm interested. Not in an unknown selection process that winnowed the 200 nominees to 21 finaiists. Not in the ballot stuffing that picked the 7 winners from the 21 finalists. What interests me is who failed to make the final cut. And here are some of them.

the giant statues of Easter Island -- Moscow's Kremlin -- Sydney Opera House -- England's Stonehenge -- Greece's Acropolis -- Paris' Eiffel Tower.

I think Table Mountain should be on that list.  Smile

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
ER
B-Movie Kraken

The sleep of reasoner breeds monsters. (sic)

« Reply #454 on: April 05, 2013, 03:58:13 PM »

In Saudi Arabia men are allowed to hold hands in public but women are not, nor may a man and a woman, even if they are married.

What does not kill me makes me stranger.
BoyScoutKevin

« Reply #455 on: April 07, 2013, 01:48:43 PM »

Fact: the dusky shark is also known as . . .

the bay shark -- the black whaler -- the bronze whaler -- the brown dusky shark -- the brown shark -- the common whaler -- the dusky ground shark -- the shovelnose -- and just "Shark! Shark!"

As for the two cast lists . . .

Cast lists for films don't interest me that much like they once did, but there were a couple of recent cast lists that caught my eye.

First, the voice cast for "Planes," which is Pixar's aerial version of "Cars," and is one of the most eclectic casts I have seen in some time, as it includes . . .

Val Kilmer -- Dane Cook -- Julia Louis Dreyfus -- Brad Garrett -- John Cleese -- Teri Hatcher -- Priyonka Chopra -- Anthony Edwards -- Stacy Keach -- Cedric the Entertainer -- Sinbad -- Carlos Jaime Alazzraqui -- and Brent Musburger, who voices a character called Brent Mustangburger.

Always good to see and/or hear John Cleese, and Stacy Keach is one of those 1st look/2nd look choices. At 1st look it is "No, that'll never work," but on 2nd look it is "Yeah, that might work afterall." Nice thinking out of the box, Pixar.

And it does look like Pixar is going for something that does not only have national appeal, but international appeal.

The only one that seems to be missing is John Ratzenberger.

The 2nd cast, not as eclectic, but it does have a couple of interesting actors in it.

Marvel's 'Captain America : the Winter War" w/ Scarlet Johanssen, Samuel L. Jackson, Chris Evans, Robert Redford, and UCF Champion Georges St. Pierre, who plays one of the villains in the film.

Robert Redford. Not that "Captain America" needs it, but Redford adds some class to any film in which he appears. For while Redford was out of acting, but now he seems to be doing one film a year, and it looks like "Captain America" is his film for next year. I am so old I can remember when Redford was still doing episodic TV. That's over 50 years ago and still counting.

Marvel's out-of-the-box choice is UCF Champion Georges St. Pierre. Nice going, Marvel. Hope it works out.

Next time: "My pappy was a minion, and I'm his son of a gun" and "'Marvel Films,' it's just a license to print money."
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #456 on: April 09, 2013, 07:16:11 AM »

About 90% of all BBQ joints in America isn't real BBQ, it's cooked meat with sauce from the jar smothered.

yeah no.
LilCerberus

« Reply #457 on: April 09, 2013, 10:37:04 AM »

About 90% of all BBQ joints in America isn't real BBQ, it's cooked meat with sauce from the jar smothered.

You Carolinians are all the same... Hatred

The world runs off money, even for those with a warped sense of what the world is.
Bushma

« Reply #458 on: April 09, 2013, 11:28:29 AM »

cooked meat with sauce from the jar smothered.

Sounds like BBQ to me.

This is my awesome signature.  Jealous?
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #459 on: April 09, 2013, 12:09:29 PM »

I'm from New Orleans.

Sounds like BBQ to me.

REAL BBQ is actually slow roasted with sugar and spices caramelized into the meat.

yeah no.
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #460 on: April 09, 2013, 04:34:55 PM »

I'm from New Orleans.

Sounds like BBQ to me.

REAL BBQ is actually slow roasted with sugar and spices caramelized into the meat.

No Misfit - you're thinking of "barbecue." "BBQ" is meat smothered in sauce from a jar. (Wish I could find Joe Bob Briggs' column about the difference between barbecue and BBQ online, but I can't. I believe BBQ has to be served on a sloppy Joe bun and only two choices of sides are allowed---potato salad or pinto beans. And I think it has to be served by a lady wearing a hairnet to be genuine BBQ).

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
LilCerberus

« Reply #461 on: April 09, 2013, 04:48:18 PM »

I'm from New Orleans.

Sounds like BBQ to me.

No Misfit - you're thinking of "barbecue." "BBQ" is meat smothered in sauce from a jar. (Wish I could find Joe Bob Briggs' column about the difference between barbecue and BBQ online, but I can't. I believe BBQ has to be served on a sloppy Joe bun and only two choices of sides are allowed---potato salad or pinto beans. And I think it has to be served by a lady wearing a hairnet to be genuine BBQ).

In the Carolinas, "real" barbecue is pulled pork fried in vinegar.
They have a pretty fierce attitude about it around here. What Misfit is describing, the Carolinians would call "ketchup" or Texas Style, even though it's neither.
Being from Texas, I get a little insulted when I'm served Kansas Style or Hawaiian Style barbecue, & they call it Texas Style because it's not Carolina Style.....
Class warfare & racism suck.

Newt
Mostly Harmless. Mostly.

I want to be Ripley when I grow up.

« Reply #462 on: April 11, 2013, 08:28:22 AM »

The only literary influence Tolkien would admit to (Northern mythology aside) is H. Rider Haggard's She.

"May I offer you a Peek Frean?" - Walter Bishop
"Thank you for appreciating my descent into deviant behavior, Mr. Reese." - Harold Finch
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #463 on: April 11, 2013, 09:50:39 AM »

I'm from New Orleans.

Sounds like BBQ to me.

In the Carolinas, "real" barbecue is pulled pork fried in vinegar.
They have a pretty fierce attitude about it around here. What Misfit is describing, the Carolinians would call "ketchup" or Texas Style, even though it's neither.
Being from Texas, I get a little insulted when I'm served Kansas Style or Hawaiian Style barbecue, & they call it Texas Style because it's not Carolina Style.....
Class warfare & racism suck.

Pulled pork and vinegar? sounds disgusting to be honest (really, pickled pulled pork?) Barbeque wars is something I'm not to knowledgeable about. However, I do see Cerb's Point- Everytime I see an advert for "Cajun Spiced chicken" All I can think of is that it is really an outsiders take on New Orleans style food.

yeah no.
Bushma

« Reply #464 on: April 11, 2013, 12:07:20 PM »

I'm from New Orleans.

Sounds like BBQ to me.

Just to clarify, I was right?  It doesn't happen very often so I want to double check.

This is my awesome signature.  Jealous?
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 127
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Fact Of The Day « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.