Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 09:51:05 AM
714401 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  I'm tired of Zombies « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: I'm tired of Zombies  (Read 6411 times)
Ed, Ego and Superego
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« on: February 18, 2011, 05:48:30 PM »

I have decided that I'm just done with the Undead.  EnougH zombie games, movies, TV shows, and whatnot.   Can we come up with some new boogeymen? Am I alone in this?
-Ed

Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?

Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes
Doggett
Bustin' makes me feel good !

I've seen things you people couldn't imagine...

« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2011, 05:51:17 PM »

Nope.
I'm also taking a break from our rotting friends.

If God exists, why did he make me an atheist? Thats His first mistake.
Paquita

« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2011, 06:35:17 PM »

*sniff*  I see how it is..  Bluesad
Umaril The Unfeathered

Pelinal na vasha, racuvar! Sa yando tyavoy nagaia!

« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2011, 06:40:42 PM »

*sniff*  I see how it is..  Bluesad

Yeah really, Paquita. What does a zombie need to do to get some love in this world?

Sure we like to bite off fingers and chow down on people, but that dosen't mean we can't love what's left of the person (and vice versa) does it?  Wink TongueOut

All kidding aside, zombies have sort of saturated the market, and gotten a bit long in the teeth, but I enjoy a good classic now and then, like the classic Romero trilogy and maybe some other movies.

It's hard to believe that 43 years have passed since NOTLD made it's impact on the undead archetype we've come to know now. Even harder to believe that the genre would last so long with such popularity!

Tam-Riel na nou Sancremath.
Dawn's Beauty is our shining home.

An varlais, nou bala, an kynd, nou latta.
The stars are our power, the sky is our light.

Malatu na nou karan.
Truth is our armor.

Malatu na bala
Truth is power.

Heca, Pellani! Agabaiyane Ehlnadaya!
Be gone, outsiders! I do not fear your mortal gods!

Auri-El na nou ata, ye A, Umaril, an Aran!
Aure-El is our father, and I, Umaril, the king!
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2011, 08:18:37 PM »

I  just never get tired of seeing what new wrinkle people can throw onto the Romero mythos.  And really good zombie movies are always fun!

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
venomx
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2011, 08:54:25 PM »

We need some new boogeymen... I agree.

Freddy, Jason so on. We maxed out in the 80's I think...

How about some new giant movie monsters (Godzilla types).

JaseSF
Super Space Age Freaky Geek
B-Movie Kraken

Soon, your brain will turn to jelly.

« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2011, 09:11:31 PM »

Yeah zombies have been overdone now to the point there seems little really new...unless they want to revisit the old White Zombie voodoo style types yet again. Vampires too are overdone these days and in many ways have been somewhat defanged...bring back a bit of the old bite of Dracula and Nosferatu...couldn't hurt. We do need new monsters though...the nature of the genre is we always need new creatures to scare and awe us but just making them faceless and all the same has little effect, villains need personality. Something that isn't examined as much nowadays is the good old mutant, the result of radiation or scientific experimentation...

"This above all: To thine own self be true!"
Ed, Ego and Superego

« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2011, 10:27:50 PM »

Paquita... this is a "Does this make my butt look undead moment isn't it?"  I'm not sure I can win

If all zombies were like you we'd be in a very different place.

Maybe the ol'd Chupucabra, or Jersey Devil.

Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?

Paquita

« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2011, 11:46:13 PM »

I understand.  Butt to me, zombies are like boobies.  There are good and bad boobs, gross and pretty boobs, "you call those boobs?" boobs, boobs you wish you never saw, and the not very popular, but still entertaining man boobs, and then there's your own boobs which you have a special love for... you can't really get tired of boobies, at least not permanently, and I can't get tired of zombies.
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2011, 11:55:04 PM »

I understand.  Butt to me, zombies are like boobies.  There are good and bad boobs, gross and pretty boobs, "you call those boobs?" boobs, boobs you wish you never saw, and the not very popular, but still entertaining man boobs, and then there's your own boobs which you have a special love for... you can't really get tired of boobies, at least not permanently, and I can't get tired of zombies.
There was a woman from Niscez
With breasts of two different sizes
One was small,
And nothing at all,
But the other was large and won prizes! 

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
Ed, Ego and Superego

« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2011, 12:59:32 AM »

There was a zombie from Chi-town
A buddy gave her a throwdown
Undead are like boobs
you uncultured rubes.
Now Ed feels a bit like a clown.

There: a limerick apology to all the undead I have offended, you know who you are.  My own wife has been trying to get an ode out of me for a decade, so that shows the depth of my feelings. 

Anyway what set this off was the Dead Island video game trailer what has been circulating.  It really upset me (being a dad), and it decided me  that this was one trend train I wanted off of.  Now bring me he Jersey Devil, preferably eating the cast of the Jersey Shore.  And THEY can't come back, being dead from the neck up anyway.
-Ed
PS Disclaimer: I do LOVE the Romero zombie films, and Shawn of the Dead too.  So I'm not TOTALLY against it.

RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2011, 04:13:20 AM »

Beyond the tit reference.....
Zombies are a classic horror charecter. All this s**t got started with Lugosi and WHITE ZOMBIE (1932). The modern cannibal zombie started with Romeros NIGHT OF THE  LIVING DEAD in "69.But the modern zombie kick-I dunno-Its getting repititous. I cant tell a RESIDENT EVIL movie from the next squel from a Living Dead remake. Cmon,man. make as
We need some new boogeymen... I agree.

Freddy, Jason so on. We maxed out in the 80's I think...

How about some new giant movie monsters (Godzilla types).

Agree. We NEED more giant monster movies. I really enjoyed CLOVERFIELD. We need more mutated giant human movies. Like WAR OF THE COLASSAL BEAST.

"LOOK! LOOK AT THE GIANT!"
"ARR! ARRGH!"
Love it.

Small | Large

Sigh. I guess -like the saying goes-you cant go home.  Bluesad
« Last Edit: February 19, 2011, 04:22:30 AM by RCMerchant » Logged

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2011, 07:38:24 AM »

Zombies just never did it for me.  I liked White Zombie because of the atmosphere, which was awesome.  The Plague of the Zombies is also an old favorite because of the great characters and being a Hammer film, it too had excellent atmosphere (though practically no zombies).  Then there's House of the Dead, Ewe Boll's masterpiece of hilarious incompetence, and House of the Dead 2, which I thought was a super fun B movie with hot babes to boot.  Hot babes are the whole reason I've got Resident Evil 1 and 3 on Blu Ray too.  There are quite a number of cheesy and fun zombie movies out there that I enjoy, but all because of the cheesy goodness, not because of the zombies.

I just never got into the Romero films.  They're character studies of people I don't like.  Day of the Dead is my favorite of his, as at least a few (well, one) character is likable. 

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
WildHoosier09
I'm the one who looks like he can use a keyboard
Bad Movie Lover

I've got to find out what causes this and put a st

« Reply #13 on: February 19, 2011, 08:35:45 AM »

It's ok Ed; My son forgives you. He let me know this by moaning and banging against a door, oohh, wait, that's how he was letting me know it was time to get up this morning.  Last night he kept trying to eat my feet, mercifully I can still pick him upside down which seems to temporarily disorient him long enough to protect my tasty flesh.

@Paquita - the world would be a better place if more women were like you, by which I mean they were cool as opposed to uptight.

The only difference between zombies and toddlers is one is cuter than the other.
Raffine

« Reply #14 on: February 19, 2011, 08:59:45 AM »

I wonder if all these years zombies are getting tired of us. Last night I think I saw a few at the Taco Bell drive-thru.

If you're an Andy Milligan fan there's no hope for you.
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  I'm tired of Zombies « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.