Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 29, 2024, 01:29:07 AM
715654 Posts in 53150 Topics by 7766 Members
Latest Member: Epiphonecbc
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Thoughts on celibacy? « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: Thoughts on celibacy?  (Read 9187 times)
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Poo Person
B-Movie Kraken

« on: February 20, 2011, 12:58:25 PM »

I have been celibate by choice since September 2004 - this was entirely self imposed and almost seven years later, I feel like I should end my monk / eunuch status. Any thoughts on celibacy, anyone? Humankind should be relieved that I'm not muddying the gene pool at all but there you go.  Twirling Wink

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
InformationGeek
Leader of the Friends' for Info
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Let's all be Friends.

« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2011, 01:08:23 PM »

As a Christian, I practice it and I'm only to stick with it until I get married.  I think it is a good idea since I get to save myself for a very special someone and plus, I avoid doing something I might regret later.

We live in quite an interesting age. You can tell someone's sexual orientation and level of education from just their interests.
The Gravekeeper
addicted to the macabre
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2011, 01:34:45 PM »

I see it as a choice that deserves some respect, especially with all the pressure to have sex these days.
Doggett
Bustin' makes me feel good !

I've seen things you people couldn't imagine...

« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2011, 01:54:08 PM »

I really want to 'cop a feel' right now...

Bluesad

Darksider, I appreciate your offer, but you just don't have the parts I'm looking for...  Wink

(I may start a sexually frustrated thread. Knowing us, it could end up being very popular !)
« Last Edit: February 20, 2011, 02:32:29 PM by Doggett » Logged

If God exists, why did he make me an atheist? Thats His first mistake.
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2011, 02:33:19 PM »

Darksider, I appreciate your offer, but you just don't have the parts I'm looking for...  Wink
What parts?  Automotive?   TongueOut

I could not go celibate but I respect those that do.  The "nasty" is too much of a necessity for me.

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2011, 02:49:25 PM »

I was celibate until marriage.  It was the most difficult thing I ever did, but  one thing I am most proud of. 
Trevor, we need to find you a mate - preferably human, but a Vulcan female would be OK too.  Maybe we could do some sort of bachelor auction.

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Ed, Ego and Superego

« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2011, 02:58:06 PM »

I spent too much time celebate before marriage, and not by choice!  I did force myself to stop trying for a while, too many bad choices on my part and I needed to rethink what I was about.  So I understand your break.

But my friend, its more than bumpin uglies... You need a nice person to just spend time with.  You got some qualities old boy.Those need sharing.
-Ed

Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?

Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2011, 03:50:14 PM »

I couldnt do it. I love sex.

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Newt
Mostly Harmless. Mostly.

I want to be Ripley when I grow up.

« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2011, 04:17:06 PM »

I'm with The Gravekeeper and Ed:
I see it as a choice that deserves some respect, especially with all the pressure to have sex these days.
But my friend, its more than bumpin uglies... You need a nice person to just spend time with.  You got some qualities old boy.Those need sharing.

Trevor, my thoughts differ depending on the reason you are looking to end your celibacy:  Is there someone it feels 'right' to be with?  Have you simply come to the point where you figure "why not?" ?  Or has the need to satisfy the itch/urge become a priority?  All different situations, each with their own merits.  (I'm really hoping for you for it to be the first scenario.   Wink)  My advice: You are an adult. don't ever let yourself be pressured into anything; be open to possibilities but always be true to yourself - no matter what path you choose.

"May I offer you a Peek Frean?" - Walter Bishop
"Thank you for appreciating my descent into deviant behavior, Mr. Reese." - Harold Finch
SPazzo

My kinda toy...

« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2011, 09:07:29 PM »

I'm not going to talk about my personal experiences, just my opinion.  I am not so much against celibacy as I am against promiscuity.  As long as the person you are with means a LOT to you and you are willing to be with this person for the rest of your life, it shouldn't matter whether you are married or not (or not yet).  I'm not the biggest fan of getting together with a random person (or acquaintance) just for the sake of sex.

If that makes sense.
Paquita

« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2011, 11:52:58 PM »

I don’t think my husband would like it.  BounceGiggle

Honestly, I don’t get it.  I’m not trying to be rude, I know the definition, but I don’t understand the practice. And what's the difference between abstinent and celibate?  I get that clergy take vows of celibacy, but unless you have an addiction or something, I don’t understand why someone stops and decides to label themselves celibate. Does that mean you’re not trying to find a significant other of any sort, or that if you do find someone, you will refuse the no pants dance with that person, at least until you have deemed yourself not celibate which presumably is a most special day like when you get married or when McDonalds starts offering breakfast 24/7?  My husband and I waited until we were married, kind of just because we wanted to be responsible, and I like the whole romantic wedding night idea, but if it was very important to him, he probably could have persuaded me to rethink that once my feelings for him were established and I knew he was hooked for life.  Other guys I dated before him I simply just told No.. though, that wasn’t always happily accepted and I probably would have been better off using a dictionary word like “celibate” because then they’d have to go home and look the word up before continuing the conversation.    I think I just answered my own question.. go get ‘em tiger! 
Joe the Destroyer
« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2011, 12:55:17 AM »

I wasn't celebate until marriage, but until I lost my virginity to someone I care about.  I didn't want to treat sex like it was something that needed to happen right now or over-obsess about it.   As such, I feel like celebacy is a choice and that the parameters of said celebacy should be set by you.  I feel it's a much wiser move than screwing everything with and orifice and complaining later about having kids before someone is ready or STDs.  Sadly, I have a lot of friends in both boats.
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2011, 01:08:07 AM »

Honestly, I don’t get it.  I’m not trying to be rude, I know the definition, but I don’t understand the practice. And what's the difference between abstinent and celibate?  I get that clergy take vows of celibacy, but unless you have an addiction or something, I don’t understand why someone stops and decides to label themselves celibate. Does that mean you’re not trying to find a significant other of any sort, or that if you do find someone, you will refuse the no pants dance with that person, at least until you have deemed yourself not celibate which presumably is a most special day like when you get married or when McDonalds starts offering breakfast 24/7?  My husband and I waited until we were married, kind of just because we wanted to be responsible, and I like the whole romantic wedding night idea, but if it was very important to him, he probably could have persuaded me to rethink that once my feelings for him were established and I knew he was hooked for life.  Other guys I dated before him I simply just told No.. though, that wasn’t always happily accepted and I probably would have been better off using a dictionary word like “celibate” because then they’d have to go home and look the word up before continuing the conversation.    I think I just answered my own question.. go get ‘em tiger! 

That's a good question, about the difference between celibacy and abstinence. I'm thinking abstinence means "not now" and celibacy means "not ever." I don't think saving it for marriage counts as celibacy, nor does simply failing to get laid.

Another question. Does celibacy only apply to relations with other people? While the thought of abstaining from intercourse is unpleasant, abstaining from everything seems downright unthinkable. Not that I really want the discussion to go in that direction.

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
peter johnson

« Reply #13 on: February 21, 2011, 01:33:50 AM »

Celibacy is wrong and rude and un-natural, and one of the things which will always try to drag upon and destroy the modern Catholic Church.  How's that for a neutral and polite statement?  Not so good, I think . . .

Christianity is based upon Judaism.  Judaism demands that a man make love to his wife before the Sabbath, and that the priests (Enochian) of Judaism - the "rabbis" - ne. teachers of the faith - make love to their wives as well before they should be allowed to speak in Temple on the Sabbath or High Holy Days.

Sex is good for everyone.  We should all have as much sex as we can, whenever we can, and God take the hindmost - I am very very sad about everyone's situation where they are not participating in sex, and that is tragic.

Just another Extremely Average opinion on the Extremely Weird Board j-

peter.

I have no idea what this means.
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Poo Person
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #14 on: February 21, 2011, 01:39:40 AM »

As a Christian, I practice it and I'm only to stick with it until I get married.  I think it is a good idea since I get to save myself for a very special someone and plus, I avoid doing something I might regret later.

I think opinions like those deserve quite a few of these  Thumbup Thumbup Thumbup

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Pages: [1] 2 3
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Thoughts on celibacy? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.