Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 10, 2024, 02:21:08 AM
716087 Posts in 53165 Topics by 7773 Members
Latest Member: AlfieQul62
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Thoughts on celibacy? « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: Thoughts on celibacy?  (Read 9239 times)
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Poo Person
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #15 on: February 21, 2011, 01:44:27 AM »

I was celibate until marriage.  It was the most difficult thing I ever did, but  one thing I am most proud of.

I only lost my virginity - at age 36! - when I was in a committed relationship.

Trevor, we need to find you a mate - preferably human, but a Vulcan female would be OK too.  Maybe we could do some sort of bachelor auction.

TeddyR TeddyR

Let me see................

T'Pring: too cold.
T'Pau: too old!  Buggedout
Saavik 1 [Kirstie Alley]: yes please!  Smile
T'Lar: Too small and too old: request for nookie is not logical: that was only done in ages past and then only in legend.  Wink
Saavik 2 [Robin Curtis]: yes please!
Valeris: No sideburns, no sex appeal: so no boom boom with soul brother.  Buggedout Buggedout
« Last Edit: February 21, 2011, 03:22:40 AM by Trevor » Logged

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Trevor
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #16 on: February 21, 2011, 01:48:35 AM »

But my friend, its more than bumpin uglies...

With me it will definitely be bumpin' uglies.....  Buggedout Buggedout Wink

You need a nice person to just spend time with.  You got some qualities old boy.Those need sharing.
-Ed

Awwww............. HUG

Trevor
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #17 on: February 21, 2011, 01:52:02 AM »

What parts?  Automotive?   TongueOut

Buggedout BuggedoutTeddyR TeddyR TeddyR

Trevor
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #18 on: February 21, 2011, 03:17:15 AM »

Is there someone it feels 'right' to be with? 

Yes, very definitely: a co-worker (unmarried, not in a relationship) as it happens.

Have you simply come to the point where you figure "why not?" ?  Or has the need to satisfy the itch/urge become a priority? 

I took a look at myself in the mirror a few days ago and realized that I'm getting old: I need to be someone's lover now before I get so old that they have to put a paper bag over my head in order not to puke while having boom-boom with soul brother.  Buggedout Buggedout Wink

Trevor
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #19 on: February 21, 2011, 03:21:44 AM »

I'm not going to talk about my personal experiences, just my opinion.  I am not so much against celibacy as I am against promiscuity.  As long as the person you are with means a LOT to you and you are willing to be with this person for the rest of your life, it shouldn't matter whether you are married or not (or not yet).  I'm not the biggest fan of getting together with a random person (or acquaintance) just for the sake of sex.

If that makes sense.

It does, thanks. If I choose to end my 'monk-ness' of the last seven years, I will and I will do so responsibly: no sowing wild oats or anything like that.

Killer Bees
Newly Appointed Government Employee and
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Never give up on love

« Reply #20 on: February 21, 2011, 05:49:12 AM »

I've always loved sex, sometimes to my own detriment.  I've gotten involved with men who were completely unsuitable, just so I could have someone to snuggle up to at night. 
But a few years ago, I was dumped by my then boyfriend of one year and I went into a tailspin.  I decided men were too much trouble and swore off them completely.

Normally I would be back on the scene within 3 months but one thing led to another and one day I realised it had been 4 years since I'd had any nookie.  Not even a hug or a handshake did I experience from a man.

It was the best thing I ever did.

It forced me to take a long hard look at myself and how I was behaving to the world in general and how I was treating myself (which wasn't very well).  So I did a lot of spiritual work on myself and started to be the kind of person that I wanted to attract.   That's when I met my current partner Sean   TeddyR

I don't think celibacy is for everyone and people who voluntarily practice it - I take my hat off to you.  My own celibacy was quite unintentional and I'm not sure if I could do that again.  But I'm not actually having that much sex now even though Sean and I are together.  It's forced me to look at my  relationship with this man on a much deeper level than just sex.  Which is marvellous for me.

Everyone is different and I think you must be true to yourself ALWAYS, regardless of what pop culture tells you or your friends, or neighbours, or family.  Whatever is your choice is the correct one and you need to stick by that.

Flower, gleam and glow
Let your power shine
Make the clock reverse
Bring back what once was mine
Heal what has been hurt
Change the fates' design
Save what has been lost
Bring back what once was mine
What once was mine.......
Trevor
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #21 on: February 21, 2011, 07:32:21 AM »

I decided men were too much trouble and swore off them completely.

People often ask me what the middle initial T in my name stands for: my standard answer is "Trouble".  Buggedout Wink

AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #22 on: February 21, 2011, 08:00:03 AM »

Sex is the most important thing in the world for all living organisms, because everything in biology is connected to reproduction. Evolution, survival, everything relies on sex. The most perfect organisms survive just to have a chance at reproducing and spreading their genes.

And masturbation is good, spilling seed is good, not god or religion can forbid what you do in your own privacy.

PS: I ahve a right to write what I want as long as it isn't flaming, so "F you" to everyone who says otherwise.

As a matter of fact, posting on this board is not a right. It's a privilege. A privilege that hinges on treating other people with respect.

If I may put on my moderator's hat for a moment, I'm going to ask you nicely to lose the belligerent tone, and stop dragging this particular fight into other threads.

I don't think many people on this board would disagree with your views on celibacy, if you took the chip off your shoulder and kept your comments relevant to the discussion at hand.

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
vukxfiles
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #23 on: February 21, 2011, 10:18:10 AM »

Wait, are you guys talking about abstinence from marriage or abstinance from sex?

If it is about marriage then I believe marriage is a hum,an invention, it doesn't exist in nature thus has no objective meaning whatsoever.
ulthar

I AM serious, and stop calling me Shirley

« Reply #24 on: February 21, 2011, 11:28:16 AM »

Wait, are you guys talking about abstinence from marriage or abstinance from sex?

If it is about marriage then I believe marriage is a hum,an invention, it doesn't exist in nature thus has no objective meaning whatsoever.

Like usual, you have no clue what you are talking about.  There are many examples of animals that mate for life... "in nature."

But hey, never let facts get in the way of a good trolling...   Lookingup

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Professor Hathaway:  I noticed you stopped stuttering.
Bodie:      I've been giving myself shock treatments.
Professor Hathaway: Up the voltage.

--Real Genius
vukxfiles
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #25 on: February 21, 2011, 11:41:35 AM »

Like usual, you have no clue what you are talking about.  There are many examples of animals that mate for life... "in nature."

But hey, never let facts get in the way of a good trolling...   Lookingup

Animals never marry. I wasn't talking about monogamy not existing in nature, I was talking about marriage. You can still be monogamous and not be married, by having one GIRLFRIEND for life. Marriage causes problems.
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #26 on: February 21, 2011, 11:54:21 AM »

OK, so you've gone from the reasonable position of sex being natural and healthy and good, to your usual stance that you want to be the centre of your own little universe, and you think science backs you up on it.

And the distinction between being married and shacking up for life is what is truly imaginary. Around here, and in many other countries, the law doesn't make that distinction. You live with somebody long enough, you're considered married whether you have a ceremony or not. I'm assuming you think having a girlfriend for life means you can take off and leave your family with nothing if things don't go your way. Besides being a fantasy, it shows you don't believe in monogamy at all, nor do you really understand what it is.

Now, I think we'd best get this thread back on topic.

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
Newt
Mostly Harmless. Mostly.

I want to be Ripley when I grow up.

« Reply #27 on: February 21, 2011, 02:18:54 PM »

Yes, very definitely: a co-worker (unmarried, not in a relationship) as it happens.

WOOT!  This made me  TeddyR TeddyR TeddyR  Best news I have heard all week.   Thumbup

"May I offer you a Peek Frean?" - Walter Bishop
"Thank you for appreciating my descent into deviant behavior, Mr. Reese." - Harold Finch
Doggett
Bustin' makes me feel good !

I've seen things you people couldn't imagine...

« Reply #28 on: February 21, 2011, 02:56:04 PM »

WOOT!  This made me  TeddyR TeddyR TeddyR  Best news I have heard all week.   Thumbup

Go get her !
She's only staying single for you, you delicious hunk of man !  TeddyR

If God exists, why did he make me an atheist? Thats His first mistake.
Ed, Ego and Superego

« Reply #29 on: February 21, 2011, 03:56:22 PM »

"Yes, very definitely: a co-worker (unmarried, not in a relationship) as it happens."

Oy, I misread the unmarried tyo be married... and was full of woe on your behalf, I'm so glad I was wrong.
0-Ed

Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?

Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Thoughts on celibacy? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.