Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 11:51:03 PM
714424 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  actors you won't watch for NON-ACTING reasons. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: actors you won't watch for NON-ACTING reasons.  (Read 4817 times)
Barack Clinton
« on: February 26, 2011, 05:59:19 PM »

OK, my other thread about actors you won't watch got a lot of replies, and that's good. The thing is I originally meant to ask about actors you won't watch for reasons not really related to their acting ability, or lack thereof.

I mentioned gary busey and billy zane as actors I won't watch because they were in "Valley of the wolves", a viciously anti american, anti-semitic film that might as well have been made be al-queda studios that was little more than a muslim version of "The eternal jew".

So could we have a thread here about actors you won't watch for reasons not related to their acting ability or it's conspicuous absence?  I won't watch the above not due to their talent but because they were in a movie I found to be on par with a nazi propaganda film that attacked america and jews. (I have a oood jewish friend.)

I know some people, for example, won't watch jane fonda for political reasons, that's the sort of thing I'm curious about here.
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2011, 09:54:57 PM »

Mel Gibson for his ridiculous behavior and bible thumping ways.  He's turned into a pathetic human being...perhaps he always was.

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
InformationGeek
Leader of the Friends' for Info
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Let's all be Friends.

« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2011, 10:28:50 PM »

There isn't a single actor or actress for me, mostly because I only care about the acting in general and not there background and actions.  Though Woody Allen would probably be the only exception to the rule for me.  Then again I never seen any of his movies...

We live in quite an interesting age. You can tell someone's sexual orientation and level of education from just their interests.
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2011, 11:07:12 PM »

None.  Heck, I'll listen to Wagner's music, and he was an anti-Semite.  I separate their artistic/professional lives from their personal lives and beliefs.  Human beings are made up of both bad and good. 

The closest I would come to boycotting someone is with Roman Polanski, who apparently did molest a teenage girl and get away with it.  But even in his case I separate his personal failings from his artistic successes.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
ulthar

I AM serious, and stop calling me Shirley

« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2011, 11:14:36 PM »

My reason for disliking Adam Sandler has nothing to do with his acting ability.

It was because of comments he made in an award acceptance speech (I think at teen choice awards a few years ago?).

I took from that speech that he is a jerk and not worthy of any respect whatsoever.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Professor Hathaway:  I noticed you stopped stuttering.
Bodie:      I've been giving myself shock treatments.
Professor Hathaway: Up the voltage.

--Real Genius
Olivia Bauer

« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2011, 02:33:14 PM »

Nobody. I think it's a pig-headed thing to hate an actor for non-acting reasons. I don't care what they do behind the scenes I'll watch any film that might be good.

Flick James

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2011, 02:59:06 PM »

None.  Heck, I'll listen to Wagner's music, and he was an anti-Semite.  I separate their artistic/professional lives from their personal lives and beliefs.  Human beings are made up of both bad and good. 

The closest I would come to boycotting someone is with Roman Polanski, who apparently did molest a teenage girl and get away with it.  But even in his case I separate his personal failings from his artistic successes.

There are no words to express my outright agreement with this.

Let's see. Perhaps 50  Thumbup Thumbup Thumbup Thumbup Thumbup Thumbup Thumbup Thumbup Thumbup Thumbup Thumbup Thumbup Thumbup Thumbup Thumbup Thumbup Thumbup Thumbup Thumbup Thumbup Thumbup Thumbup Thumbup Thumbup Thumbup Thumbup Thumbup Thumbup Thumbup Thumbup Thumbup Thumbup Thumbup Thumbup Thumbup Thumbup Thumbup Thumbup Thumbup Thumbup Thumbup Thumbup Thumbup Thumbup Thumbup Thumbup Thumbup Thumbup Thumbup Thumbup 's and a  Cheers will do it.

I don't always talk about bad movies, but when I do, I prefer badmovies.org
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2011, 05:26:41 PM »

In the short-term, I wouldn't watch a Mel Gibson movie.  Can't support his violent, anti-female, psychotic disposition.  But let's see if he straightens himself out (and how much time will need to pass before I forget how dispicable I think he is).

More recently, I've just about had enough of Charlie Sheen.  He's done enough to destroy himself and those around him recently that I have no interest in supporting his career.  Too bad, because I generally enjoyed his work over the years.   

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
Flick James

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2011, 10:28:59 AM »

How long does Mel Gibson have to be up on that cross (pardon the bad joke)? Seriously, with all the hedonistic tendencies of people in Hollywood, does he have to be demonized to such an extent? How about the woman who recorded him and put out stuff for the public that was NONE OF THEIR BUSINESS? What a great woman. As despicable as many of the things were that he said, that which is said in the heat of a divorce should not be heard by us. Oh, and Zach Galif-whater-the-f**k-his-name-is having a hissy fit over Mel appearing in a sequel of The Hangover? What the f**k? That just makes no sense. Here is a film of unbridled hedonism and chauvinism, and all of a sudden he's got such delicate sensibilities. Blow me.

It reminds me of a story from around 1980 concerning one of my musical heroes, Elvis Costello. He was drunk and in an argument with Steven Stills and referred to James Brown as a "jive-ass n-word" and Ray Charles as a "blind, ignorant n-word." Sounds absolutely atrocious, right? And it is. As the story got out he got in a lot of hot water (understandably so) and made numerous apologies and since then has made numerous comments about what a source of shame that moment was. He even passed up an opportunity to meet Ray Charles later because of his guilt and shame. He was drunk, adrenaline going, and trying to come up with the most obnoxious thing he could think of to say (mission accomplished) in order to end the argument. People heard him however, and Steven Stills chose to spread the incident as well. Ray Charles was asked to comment at the time and he basically said it wasn't a big deal and that words spoken in drunkeness shouldn't be published.

Those were different times. Now we see f**king everything. From Paris Hilton's hoo-ha to David Hasselhoff's drunken Vegas experiences to you-name-it. I know there's the argument that celebrities know what they're getting into when they become celebrities, but it's not like it was in the old days when they at least had some form of concealment from the public. I'll bet that none of them willfully expected what they got in this day and age. It's disgusting and their personal lives are none of our damn business. And it seems that the people who are responsible for exposing private moments of celebrities without consent are really not held liable like they should.

The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2011, 02:43:17 PM »

How long does Mel Gibson have to be up on that cross (pardon the bad joke)? Seriously, with all the hedonistic tendencies of people in Hollywood, does he have to be demonized to such an extent? How about the woman who recorded him and put out stuff for the public that was NONE OF THEIR BUSINESS? 

I think once you make violent threats towards women (or anyone) you open yourself up to the story becoming public.  How can you compare her releasing the tapes to the public to his wild, violent, psycho rant?  The women who hide these things usually end up getting beat up . . . or worse.  I'm glad she did it.  He's no better than an unemployed boozer in a wife-beater T-shirt as far as I'm concerned and he deserves whatever bad publicity he gets.

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
Flick James

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2011, 04:18:56 PM »

How long does Mel Gibson have to be up on that cross (pardon the bad joke)? Seriously, with all the hedonistic tendencies of people in Hollywood, does he have to be demonized to such an extent? How about the woman who recorded him and put out stuff for the public that was NONE OF THEIR BUSINESS? 

I think once you make violent threats towards women (or anyone) you open yourself up to the story becoming public.  How can you compare her releasing the tapes to the public to his wild, violent, psycho rant?  The women who hide these things usually end up getting beat up . . . or worse.  I'm glad she did it.  He's no better than an unemployed boozer in a wife-beater T-shirt as far as I'm concerned and he deserves whatever bad publicity he gets.

Was she right in recording calls if she's in an abusive relationship? Yes.
Was she right in seeking help to get out of the relationship? Yes.
Was Mel Gibson demonstrating some serious problems on those tapes? Yes.

The problem comes in when we are hearing them. I listened to them because I'm a human being and given the opportunity I took it. But the point is, I should never have heard them. It's dirty laundry and I question her motive for making it public. I think Mel needs help, I think he realizes it. Furthermore, there HAVE been people who have known him a long time who have come forward and said that he is a decent man, he has changed, and they hope the best for him. Whoopi Goldberg (not that I'm a Whoopi fan) said he is a very good man and these recordings are not a good indication of the kind of man he is. Even his ex-wife came out and defended him.

Besides, we don't know the whole story, do we? Have you ever been through a divorce or an extremely nasty breakup? If you have, then you know that human beings can say and do things in the heat of such insanity that are inappropriate, nasty, and downright irrational. Those recordings absolutely reeked of a man in the throws of desperation, despair, and of course, lots and lots of anger. None of our business. I have a hard time believing that when he was in the middle of those tirades that he was even beginning to think of the public consequences.

This is in NO WAY a defense of Mel Gibson in any way, shape, or form. If he abused his wife, it's reasonable that we would have heard about it, as it is news. That's as far as it should have gone. He should be legally liable for whatever transgressions he is guilty of, but she should be liable for releasing those recordings and the damage it has done to him professionally. And much of Hollywood is extremely hypocritical to go after him and virtually blacklist him.

I hope he gets the help that he seems to need, I don't discredit any of the work he has done because of it, I hope he moves on and improves himself and his life, and by goodness I'm going to watch The Road Warrior tonight because it's one of my all-time favorite movies. 

skuts
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2011, 01:58:37 PM »

Bob Hope "comedian". Life-time asset of British Intelligence, mind-controlled slave handler, and manipulator of the "entertainment industry" on behalf of the Illuminati. The "Rat Pack", including Frank Sinatra, Sammy Davis Junior, and Dean Martin were all heavily involved with Hope and others in the same line of work.

http://www.theforbiddenknowledge.com/hardtruth/list_of_satanist.htm

One of the most spectacular tales of CIA nastiness comes from Brice Taylor, self-proclaimed CIA mind-control victim. What Taylor lacks in proof, she makes up for in sensationalism. According to Taylor, she was a victim of Project Monarch (allegedly part of MK-ULTRA, a notorious CIA mind control program) from early childhood, and was used as a CIA love-tool by the likes of Henry Kissinger. One of her alleged greatest tormentors was none other than Bob Hope, which explains the title of her autobiography, Thanks for the Memories. All of this is (of course) part of a Satanic-Illuminati-NWO plot to control the planet.

http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/Disturbing%20Truths/cia_slaves.htm

Babies taste best.
SPazzo

My kinda toy...

« Reply #12 on: March 03, 2011, 10:26:51 AM »

There really isn't anybody I won't watch for non-acting reasons.  I have been pretty close to not watching a Roman Polanski film, but I like his movies too much to not watch them.  The only other person who comes close would be Woody Allen...  But then again, I like his movies too, even if I don't approve of how he is in real life.  Plus he has some good quotes (see my signature).
peter johnson

« Reply #13 on: March 03, 2011, 01:55:51 PM »

Good lawd, skuts, is you fo real?

All this you mention has been soundly debunked by Fortean Times magazine ages ago - 'can't believe anyone is still falling for it -

peter.

I have no idea what this means.
ChocolateChipCharlie
Bad Movie Lover

Oh my my, my Mitchell...

« Reply #14 on: March 03, 2011, 02:25:49 PM »

Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  actors you won't watch for NON-ACTING reasons. « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.