Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 09:43:08 AM
714439 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Monster Club (Vincent Price) « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Monster Club (Vincent Price)  (Read 1224 times)
Scott
« on: April 17, 2002, 12:52:01 AM »

An older Vincent Price stars in the film I seen tonight called MONSTER CLUB. The film was made up of three stories about vampires, gouls, and some creatures that were mixed between gouls, vampires, and werewolfs. Between each segment a band would play some early 80's (?) music. Kinda like TALES FROM THE CRYPT or something like that. I always have trouble watching a film that has more than one story in it. Its the first time I have found or seen the film so I guess if you find the film you were meant to see the film.
john
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2002, 09:13:53 AM »

I thought the segment with the ghouls was well done.
Cullen
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2002, 10:13:15 AM »

"Monster Club"'s okay, I guess.  It's not the greatest anthology out there, but, then again, that's not saying much either way.
AndyC
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2002, 10:17:58 AM »

I remember seeing this one way back when it was first on TV, although my memory of it is a little fuzzy. I recall the wraparound story involved a human who, for one reason or another, winds up in the monster club. Price tells him the stories. In the end, the guy was welcomed into the club after Price gives a nice little speech about the monstrous things humans have done throughout history, the tongue-in-cheek message being that we are the biggest monsters of all.

I love horror anthologies - three to five short horror stories tied together by another story. I think we were pretty lucky to get such an abundance of them in the 80s. I'd love to see them make a comeback.

What's everybody's favourite anthology? Mine would be Creepshow, although Twilight Zone: The Movie, Tales from the Darkside and Cat's Eye would have to be high on the list. Trilogy of Terror is good, but mainly for the Zuni doll segment.
john
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2002, 03:19:40 AM »

>What's everybody's favourite anthology?

I like most of them, but if I had to pick one, I think it would be Campfire Tales. A bunch of teenagers wreck their car and while waiting for help, they decide to make a fire and tell stories. The first one is about a couple in an RV who get attacked by some sort of creatures in the woods. The second is about a psycho who stalks a young girl he meets on the internet. The final story is (IMHO) the best. A guy on a motorcycle stops at a house in the country where some very strange things are going on.

>I love horror anthologies - three to five short horror stories tied together by
>another story. I think we were pretty lucky to get such an abundance of them in
>the 80s. I'd love to see them make a comeback.

Well, Campfire Tales was made in 1997. There was also Tales From the Hood in 1995, Quicksilver Highway (TV) in 1997, Twilight Zone: Rod Serling's Lost Classics (TV) in 1994 and Twists Of Terror in 1996.
AndyC
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2002, 01:43:38 PM »

True, there have been a few anthologies on video and television, but I haven't seen one in the theatre since Tales from the Dark Side. There are exceptions, of course, but for the most part, anthologies went out of style years ago. The more recent ones also tend to be done fast and cheap, relatively speaking, and don't have quite the same quality as the classics. The overall look and the quality of the stories just isn't there, at least in my opinion. My idea of a comeback would be Stephen King and George Romero getting together for another Creepshow. That would be sweet.
john
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2002, 08:18:48 PM »

Well, to nitpick, I believe Tales From The Hood was in theaters. I agree though that they don't seen to be making as many, or ones as good as some of the classics. Plus, now that Outer Limits is finished, there isn't even a good anthology series on TV. Too bad Fox doesn't air the remaining episodes of Night Visions. :(
BoyScoutKevin
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2002, 12:53:30 PM »

Seen it. Don't remember too much about it. Just the opening with Carradine and Price. Just seeing them together--rocks. And the first segment. The one involving The Whistler, which I believe was called "The Shadmock."
As for the rest . . .
Yes, the music is from the '80's, the early '80's, or 1981 to be exact.
The movie is based upon a book, which I have not read, called "The Monster Club" by R. Chetwynd-Hayes. The character played by Carradine in the film.
King and Romero would get together five years later and do another "Creepshow" called "Creepshow II." Which I am sure most people would like to forget, even though it stars one of Andrew's favorite actors, George Kennedy.
As for my favorite horror anthology, and there are alot of anthologies that are not horror, is one of the first, at least, the first one I ever saw, which was "Dr. Terror's House of Horrors" from 1965.
Enjoy all!
AndyC
« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2002, 11:37:41 AM »

Creepshow 2 was a hit-and-miss movie. The killer oil slick was good and the hitchhiker wasn't bad, but the movie, as a whole, wasn't really memorable. I had read that the Tales from the Darkside movie was to have been a third Creepshow. I liked it well enough.

I would really like to see a Creepshow 3, but I think they'd have to go back and take a good look at what made the original Creepshow a fun movie.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Monster Club (Vincent Price) « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.