Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 18, 2024, 09:14:22 PM
712916 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Your Thoughts on Sucker Punch « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7
Author Topic: Your Thoughts on Sucker Punch  (Read 45669 times)
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #15 on: March 25, 2011, 11:36:16 PM »

Well, forum brothers and sisters, I took the plunge!

My wife and I got out for a date night tonight and I talked her into going to see this with me.  I'll just be very up front:

I    LOVED      THIS     MOVIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I could not tear my eyes away from the screen.  The fantasy sequences were simply incredible - cute blonde in schoolgirl outfit fighting giant samurai statues with a katana and a .45; four cute babes fighting WWI zombie Germans as Triplanes and Zeppelins swirl and fight overhead; four cute babes battling orcs with machine guns to get at a baby dragon; whorehouse sequences, asylum sequences, gunplay, swordplay, dancing, attempted rape by fat cook, gangsters turned orderlies, doctors turned dance instructors . . .

I am still trying to get my head around this thing.  If Heironymus Bosch made movies instead of artwork, he would have made this movie.  The plot is a tangled mess, yet there is a plot there.  I got it . . . I just can't explain it.  But I found myself laughing out loud and wanting to applaud in places.

That being said, my wife HATED it.  I mean, absolutely hated it.  On the way home, our conversation went something like this: 
"DREADFUL!!"  "Awesome!!!"  "Dreadful!"  "AWESOME!!!" for about 20 minutes.

I have a feeling there is an incredibly smarmy chick flick in my near future - the last two movies I've taken her to, she's absolutely hated.  Oh well.  This one ROCKED!!!!!!!

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Archivist
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #16 on: March 26, 2011, 03:41:02 AM »

Thanks for being the first to take a shot at this.  I haven't seen it, and I doubt that I will.  No matter how cool the visuals, I can't get past the fact that all this awesome action only takes place in the heads of the protagonists.

"Many others since have tried & failed at making a watchable parasite slug movie" - LilCerberus
InformationGeek
Leader of the Friends' for Info
B-Movie Site Webmaster

Let's all be Friends.

« Reply #17 on: March 26, 2011, 07:15:13 AM »

I have a feeling there is an incredibly smarmy chick flick in my near future - the last two movies I've taken her to, she's absolutely hated.  Oh well.  This one ROCKED!!!!!!!

Is that so?  That's good, but I am a bit weary on whether to see it or not as of recently due to the word of mouth of people I've been hearing from.

We live in quite an interesting age. You can tell someone's sexual orientation and level of education from just their interests.
Doggett
Bustin' makes me feel good !

I've seen things you people couldn't imagine...

« Reply #18 on: March 26, 2011, 07:39:19 AM »

Seems like it's about women imagining fighting monsters and robots.  I won't pay to see it.

That's why I WILL pay to see it. . .

Thumbup
Yep. I'm in too !

If God exists, why did he make me an atheist? Thats His first mistake.
ghouck

Afro-Mullets RULE!

« Reply #19 on: March 26, 2011, 06:29:58 PM »

Seems like it's about women imagining fighting monsters and robots.  I won't pay to see it.

I wasn't even thinking about seeing it until you put it that way.. now it sounds good!

It's a shame Lindsay Lohan isn't in this, it looks like it would be perfect for her - she's mental, been to jail, has big boobs, and I think she's a lesbo.

Don't talk about my future wife like that. . .

Raw bacon is GREAT! It's like regular bacon, only faster, and it doesn't burn the roof of your mouth!

Happiness is green text in the "Stuff To Watch For" section.

James James: The man so nice, they named him twice.

"Aw man, this thong is chafing my balls" -Lloyd Kaufman in Poultrygeist.

"There's always time for lubricant" -Orlando Jones in Evolution
Paquita

« Reply #20 on: March 26, 2011, 10:14:24 PM »

I wasn't even thinking about seeing it until you put it that way.. now it sounds good!

It's a shame Lindsay Lohan isn't in this, it looks like it would be perfect for her - she's mental, been to jail, has big boobs, and I think she's a lesbo.

Don't talk about my future wife like that. . .

Ok I'm sorry, I KNOW she's a lesbo, but I'm sure you can set her straight.
Kaseykockroach
Cartoon Enthusiast and Muppet Fanatic
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #21 on: March 28, 2011, 01:16:31 AM »

I'm a 19 year old male who enjoys mindless fun once in awhile (obviously, that's why I'm on this forum :P)...But this was just unspeakably painful.
What is it with people being suckers for confusing plots like Inception? Is that equal to intelligence? And this movie couldn't decide if it wanted to be mindless and "fun", or disturbing and "deep". I would've walked out but I was dragged into sitting through this garbage.
This movie is just another example why I haven't gone to the theatre by choice in nearly a decade.

Closetshipper.deviantart.com

"You wanna be a genius, it's easy. All you gotta say is, everything stinks. Then you're never wrong."
claws
« Reply #22 on: March 28, 2011, 01:35:06 AM »

Second Box Office disappointment for director Zack Snyder (1st: Legend of the Guardians: The Owls of Ga'Hoole). Warners golden boy will get the boot should Superman: Man of Steel not deliver.

As for Sucker Punch, I'm not really in a hurry to watch this. I'll wait for the Blu-ray and hope they will release the director's cut.
InformationGeek
Leader of the Friends' for Info
B-Movie Site Webmaster

Let's all be Friends.

« Reply #23 on: March 28, 2011, 01:29:58 PM »

As for Sucker Punch, I'm not really in a hurry to watch this. I'll wait for the Blu-ray and hope they will release the director's cut.

Same with me.  I've seen these trailers and I know that there will be an uncut director's cut of the movie something done the line.

We live in quite an interesting age. You can tell someone's sexual orientation and level of education from just their interests.
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #24 on: March 28, 2011, 07:21:27 PM »

I'll probably buy it when it comes out. 

Did I mention that I REALLY liked this movie?

Oh - and here's a quote, from Scott Glenn as The Wise Man:

"To those of us who fight for it, life has a savor the sheltered will never taste."

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Hammock Rider

« Reply #25 on: March 29, 2011, 08:47:31 AM »

Well I saw it last night and I have to say that watching it was like paying ten dollars to watch someone else play video games. I'm glad other folks liked it so much, but it just didn't do much for me. In a way it reminded me of Avatar in that the graphics were great but the writing left me a bit cold.

Jumping Kings and Making Haste Ain't my Cup of Meat
Flick James

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #26 on: March 29, 2011, 10:36:15 AM »

I'll probably buy it when it comes out. 

Did I mention that I REALLY liked this movie?

Oh - and here's a quote, from Scott Glenn as The Wise Man:

"To those of us who fight for it, life has a savor the sheltered will never taste."

I like Scott Glenn, but that's a line that I could really picture being delivered by Sam Elliott.

I don't always talk about bad movies, but when I do, I prefer badmovies.org
Joe the Destroyer
« Reply #27 on: March 29, 2011, 07:50:36 PM »

I'll most likely see it since I like over the top action flicks, no matter how Hollywoodized they are.  When is another story since budget is tight and tickets are expensive. 
Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #28 on: April 02, 2011, 02:27:32 PM »

Utter garabge. Glossy, souless hollywood tripe made simply to drain idiots of their hard earned dollar. I'm damn sick of the trailers every 5mins on TV here.

RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #29 on: April 02, 2011, 02:44:52 PM »

What he ^ said. Thumbup

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Your Thoughts on Sucker Punch « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.