Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 01:24:54 AM
712922 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Your Thoughts on Sucker Punch « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7
Author Topic: Your Thoughts on Sucker Punch  (Read 45677 times)
Torgo
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #45 on: April 24, 2012, 02:20:43 PM »

I thought that the script had one layer too many. The whole idea of her escaping into some kind of an alternate mental reality of her current surroundings was cool but then adding the additional layer of them escaping into yet another alternate thing fighting robots and the such was pointless and took away from the movie. It's really hard to get vested in an action sequence when you know that there's nothing at all at stake. But the movie is beautiful to look at and the mostly all female case are definitely nice eye candy too.

I gave the extended director's cut a **1/2 out of ****.

"There is no way out of here. It'll be dark soon. There is no way out of here."
Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #46 on: April 27, 2012, 07:59:12 AM »

My girlfriend hates this movie, which makes me love her even more.  TeddyR

Flick James

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #47 on: April 27, 2012, 09:05:03 AM »

My girlfriend hates this movie, which makes me love her even more.  TeddyR

CIRCUS! Good to see you, man!

I don't always talk about bad movies, but when I do, I prefer badmovies.org
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #48 on: April 27, 2012, 05:14:56 PM »

Love ya, Circus, and glad to have you back! Cheers

But SUCKER PUNCH is still AWESOME! TeddyR

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
ghouck

Afro-Mullets RULE!

« Reply #49 on: April 29, 2012, 03:38:36 AM »

I like it. It's a fun movie that is fun for the sake of fun. Forget about trying to make sense of it, just go with the flow and enjoy it.

Raw bacon is GREAT! It's like regular bacon, only faster, and it doesn't burn the roof of your mouth!

Happiness is green text in the "Stuff To Watch For" section.

James James: The man so nice, they named him twice.

"Aw man, this thong is chafing my balls" -Lloyd Kaufman in Poultrygeist.

"There's always time for lubricant" -Orlando Jones in Evolution
Andrew
Administrator

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #50 on: April 29, 2012, 09:02:19 AM »

It's "Brazil" meets every geek's wet dreams.  I actually enjoy some of the action scenes (which is good, because half of the movie is action scenes connected by the strange asylum plot).  However, I don't think I really like it or dislike it.  It just is what it is, a no-brain eye candy movie with an edgy soundtrack that tries to have a clever plot.  Call it a two out of four in my book.

It was good to see Scott Glenn in the film, and injecting him into the real world at the end was obvious but still worked.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
tommex84
On the 8th day God created G.A.Romero
Bad Movie Lover

They're dead, but they're comin' right for us!

« Reply #51 on: May 06, 2012, 11:50:08 AM »

Sucker Punch! Now that is one crazy (not in a good way) movie which makes no sense at all.  Thumbdown

I watched this movie because I saw the poster with chicks fighting, but I also expected some good story behind it. After seeing it, only one thing came to my mind. What the hell did I just see?  Question

I don't know what the hell was the writer thinking or what was he "on" when he came up with this movie. The story is all twisted and makes no sense and would probably be better off if it stayed with only one alternate reality, but nooo, the writer just had to go one step further (the wrong way) and create another alternate reality within the existing alternate reality, which is just stupid and senseless.

Why do I say the story is twisted? Because the writer did nothing more than just mixed together different popular plots (abusive step-family, mental institution, shaolin temple, martial arts, WWII trenches, zombies, ...) from mixed genres, added some nearly bare-breasted, violent adolescent girls with guns and martial arts skills and wrapped it all up in Japanese anime fighting cartoon like scenery.  Buggedout

I guess the old saying "Sex sells" is what this movie is all about and the writer just needed something to attract horny teenagers to see this trash.  Thumbdown

The only thing in this movie that makes sense is the title. If you were stupid enough to pay good money to see it or just took the time to download and watch it, then you got Sucker Punched, just like me.

I hope I didn't insult anyone who actually liked this movie, cause I was merely expressing my opinion.

cheers  Smile

" We're going to get you. We're going to get you. Not another peep. Time to go to sleep."

"Do that again and I'm gonna open up a can of whoop-ass on you!"
indianasmith
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #52 on: May 06, 2012, 12:48:13 PM »

You're welcome to your opinion, of course.

Upon multiple viewings, the true deep and philosophical implications of this movie come to the fore.  It is an existential statement about the illusive nature of reality and the triumph of the human spirit.

With girls in skimpy costume. TeddyR

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
tommex84
On the 8th day God created G.A.Romero
Bad Movie Lover

They're dead, but they're comin' right for us!

« Reply #53 on: May 06, 2012, 01:06:57 PM »

the writer did nothing more than just mixed together different popular plots (abusive step-family, mental institution, shaolin temple, martial arts, WWII trenches, zombies, ...) from mixed genres, added some nearly bare-breasted, violent adolescent girls with guns and martial arts skills and wrapped it all up in Japanese anime fighting cartoon like scenery.  Buggedout

With the budget they had (over 80mil) they could do better on that department.

Yes, the girls were hot Wink

" We're going to get you. We're going to get you. Not another peep. Time to go to sleep."

"Do that again and I'm gonna open up a can of whoop-ass on you!"
dean

« Reply #54 on: May 07, 2012, 08:12:38 AM »

Upon multiple viewings, the true deep and philosophical implications of this movie come to the fore.  It is an existential statement about the illusive nature of reality and the triumph of the human spirit.

Surely Indy is trolling right?  Twirling

------------The password will be: Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch
Chainsawmidget
« Reply #55 on: May 07, 2012, 08:41:01 AM »

Surely Indy is trolling right?  Twirling
Either that, or all these bad movies have finally broke him.   Twirling
indianasmith
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #56 on: May 07, 2012, 09:00:02 PM »

Jokes aside, I really did love this film.  I did find it to be something deep and existential, beyond all the special effects and eye candy. This movie had meaning for me.  I've watched it three times now and will probably take it in again soon.

ChaosTheory

« Reply #57 on: May 15, 2012, 11:16:39 AM »

I didn't like it but I'm okay with it existing.  Every generation needs a DUNE.

Through the darkness of future past
The magician longs to see
One chance opts between two worlds
Fire walk with me
Dr. Whom

Cthulhu for president! Why choose the lesser evil?

« Reply #58 on: May 18, 2012, 05:30:25 AM »

I found it a bit disappointing, even though a movie that has a girl in skimpy sailor fuku fighting a giant gatling armed robotic samurai needs very little else, in my opinion. (Yes, I think Kitamura is a cinematic genius). My Significant Other, on the other hand, with no particular interest in movies, absolutely loved it. She was all for girls manipulating men, and fearlessly cutting down everything in their way.

"Once you get past a certain threshold, everyone's problems are the same: fortifying your island and hiding the heat signature from your fusion reactor."

Wenn ist das Nunstück git und Slotermeyer? Ja! ... Beiherhund das Oder die Flipperwaldt gersput.
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #59 on: May 18, 2012, 12:14:29 PM »

After seeing it, only one thing came to my mind. What the hell did I just see?  Question

I don't know what the hell was the writer thinking or what was he "on" when he came up with this movie. The story is all twisted and makes no sense and would probably be better off if it stayed with only one alternate reality, but nooo, the writer just had to go one step further (the wrong way) and create another alternate reality within the existing alternate reality, which is just stupid and senseless.

Why do I say the story is twisted? Because the writer did nothing more than just mixed together different popular plots (abusive step-family, mental institution, shaolin temple, martial arts, WWII trenches, zombies, ...) from mixed genres, added some nearly bare-breasted, violent adolescent girls with guns and martial arts skills and wrapped it all up in Japanese anime fighting cartoon like scenery.  Buggedout

You really make it sound like something I should find time to see.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Your Thoughts on Sucker Punch « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.