Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 18, 2024, 11:11:15 PM
712920 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Press Releases and Film News  |  There you have it, alien life... « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: There you have it, alien life...  (Read 13499 times)
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #15 on: March 08, 2011, 02:09:47 PM »

It is strange that results of this magnitude were published in a controversial online-only journal rather than in major publication like Science.  This is looking a lot less promising. 

Doggett: NASA is government funded.  But Hoover works for NASA, so they would be behind this 2000%, unless they thought there was something wrong with the study that could embarrass the organization.

My already high skepticism level just jumped another several notches. 

To answer Venomx: I'll take 2).

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
venomx
« Reply #16 on: March 08, 2011, 02:21:32 PM »

I don't blame you for picking "2"

Stephen Hawking...

The 68-year-old scientist said a visit by extraterrestrials to Earth would be like Christopher Columbus arriving in the Americas, "which didn't turn out very well for the Native Americans."
Doggett
Bustin' makes me feel good !
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I've seen things you people couldn't imagine...

« Reply #17 on: March 08, 2011, 05:55:27 PM »

Doggett: NASA is government funded.  But Hoover works for NASA, so they would be behind this 2000%, unless they thought there was something wrong with the study that could embarrass the organization.

Ah.

I thought he worked for some univercity or other independant organisation.

I would've thought thats why NASA has been trying to sit on it for a while. As it could make them look bad that a small fry scientist has found evidence of alien life while a huge tax payer organisation like NASA couldn't. It could make politicians question if they're spending their money correctly come budget time.

I still can't get over how exciting this is.  TeddyR

VenomX: 3.
Although I hope its not a hoax. And unless alien microbes are zombies, I have nothing to fear from the fossil. TeddyR

If God exists, why did he make me an atheist? Thats His first mistake.
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #18 on: March 08, 2011, 06:11:09 PM »

It is huge discovery, I agree. I hope to see and read more about this in days to come.

I have a question... how would you feel if aliens in ufos landed on Earth tomorrow?

1. Thrilled/Happy (we may learn good and helpful info!)
2. Scared as $h!t (we hope its not like Independence Day!)
3. Un-FN-believable! (I must be dreaming, its a hoax!)

I pick two... 1 and 2. Wink

I'd pick #1. If they were evil,they would have killed us long ago. It would show these idiot fundamentilists (of ALL religions) that they aint they center of their God's creation. Actually-mebbe not. They'll call it Satan's coming-Armageddon or something.
 I hope aliens come and we start s**t with them-give humanity a little humility. Then we'll know how the buffalo felt.

Meanwhile-back in the real world....
I hope it's true. I DO believe. It seems the height of egotism to think we are the only life in a neverending universe.
I'm sure deep ocean fish freak when we drop in once in awhile. 

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
JaseSF
Super Space Age Freaky Geek
B-Movie Kraken

Soon, your brain will turn to jelly.

« Reply #19 on: March 08, 2011, 08:44:40 PM »

As long as they don't turn into the Creeping Unknown....

"This above all: To thine own self be true!"
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #20 on: March 08, 2011, 09:17:08 PM »

I thought the REV's remarks about how unlikely it would be for a meteorite from the vast wastes of space to include evidence of extraterrestrial life - and how monumentally profound if true - finding its way to Earth (a rock from another world !! through intergalactic cataclysm and inconceivable measures of time) would seem so nearly impossible that IF TRUE would  infer by its sheer unlikelihood a universe teeming with life...

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
Nukie 2

I did it all for the...

« Reply #21 on: March 08, 2011, 09:28:04 PM »

I thought the REV's remarks about how unlikely it would be for a meteorite from the vast wastes of space to include evidence of extraterrestrial life - and how monumentally profound if true - finding its way to Earth (a rock from another world !! through intergalactic cataclysm and inconceivable measures of time) would seem so nearly impossible that IF TRUE would  infer by its sheer unlikelihood a universe teeming with life...

That means "Nukie" was a documentary!

Watch Nukie on YouTube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wab1Y713tN0
"Like" International Fans of the Movie Nukie and Sias Odendaal on Facebook!
http://www.facebook.com/pages/International-Fans-of-the-Movie-Nukie-and-Sias-Odendaal/135820159771783
venomx
« Reply #22 on: March 08, 2011, 09:35:01 PM »

Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #23 on: March 08, 2011, 11:44:09 PM »

So... you ridicule the profundity of our revelation...?  Question

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #24 on: March 09, 2011, 01:38:42 AM »

Awright-Hallows. Your my freind. But latley your posts are so esotiric I have no clue of what your trying to say.

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Nukie 2

I did it all for the...

« Reply #25 on: March 09, 2011, 09:25:17 AM »

I thought you just posted them! BounceGiggle

Watch Nukie on YouTube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wab1Y713tN0
"Like" International Fans of the Movie Nukie and Sias Odendaal on Facebook!
http://www.facebook.com/pages/International-Fans-of-the-Movie-Nukie-and-Sias-Odendaal/135820159771783
Doc Daneeka
The Game is Finished?

It's neVer over!

« Reply #26 on: March 09, 2011, 10:40:11 AM »

It is huge discovery, I agree. I hope to see and read more about this in days to come.

I have a question... how would you feel if aliens in ufos landed on Earth tomorrow?

1. Thrilled/Happy (we may learn good and helpful info!)
2. Scared as $h!t (we hope its not like Independence Day!)
3. Un-FN-believable! (I must be dreaming, its a hoax!)

I pick two... 1 and 2. Wink
No matter the circumstances 3 at first; once it got verified then 1 or 2 is a 50-50 chance.

Does Hawking acknowledge that evolving on another planet, possibly under different circumstances could give aliens motivations for landing on other planets besides imperialism? Just because the majority view of human behavior is a pessimistic one, emphasizing our selfish tendencies, it doesn't mean that extraterrestrials would have the same psychology. With that in mind though, they could just as easily turn out to be much worse beings than we are. We've got no evidence for either argument, as we don't even know they exist.

I do suppose how vastly our communication could differ might lead to the more pessimistic stance, but then if aliens managed space travel to such an extent, they could very well be unsurprised by some very unfamiliar customs and the like. If they have such a high intelligence level that they equate us to animals it could likewise pose a problem, but such a high intelligence level that they dismiss complex-machine/program-creating beings as animalistic would go to suggest they'd be arriving in ships made of light particles or something.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2011, 10:49:35 AM by Doc Daneeka » Logged

https://www.youtube.com/user/silverspherechannel
For the latest on the fifth installment in Don Coscarelli's Phantasm saga.
Newt
Mostly Harmless. Mostly.

I want to be Ripley when I grow up.

« Reply #27 on: March 09, 2011, 09:13:05 PM »

It is strange that results of this magnitude were published in a controversial online-only journal rather than in major publication like Science.  This is looking a lot less promising. 

Indeed.  From a statement issued by NASA:

“NASA is a scientific and technical agency committed to a culture of openness with the media and public. While we value the free exchange of ideas, data and information as part of scientific and technical inquiry, NASA cannot stand behind or support a scientific claim unless it has been peer-reviewed or thoroughly examined by other qualified experts. This paper was submitted in 2007 to the International Journal of Astrobiology. However, the peer review process was not completed for that submission. NASA also was unaware of the recent submission of the paper to the Journal of Cosmology or of the paper’s subsequent publication. Additional questions should be directed to the author of the paper.”

http://blog.seattlepi.com/thebigblog/2011/03/07/alien-life-discovered-not-so-fast-says-nasa-msnbc/

"May I offer you a Peek Frean?" - Walter Bishop
"Thank you for appreciating my descent into deviant behavior, Mr. Reese." - Harold Finch
Pages: 1 [2]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Press Releases and Film News  |  There you have it, alien life... « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.