Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 04:31:30 PM
714484 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7744 Members
Latest Member: MichelFran
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  The Adventures of Tintin (2011) « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: The Adventures of Tintin (2011)  (Read 5951 times)
Mofo Rising
Global Moderator
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

My cat can eat a whole watermelon!

« Reply #15 on: January 11, 2012, 05:58:47 AM »

I haven't seen this as yet ~ I'm a Tintin fanboy and I read that three of the books have been combined to make this (i.e. The Crab With The Golden Claws, The Secret of the Unicorn and Red Rackham's Treasure) while a minor character in the Unicorn book has now been made the villain.  Question

I would really like to see it but I don't know if I should or not.  Question

Yes, yes you should.

The story of the Tintin movie is almost entirely the story of "The Secret of the Unicorn." The comic story comes to fruition in "Red Rackham's Treasure." The movie jettisons that. "The Crab With the Golden Claws" is only mentioned because it sets up a later part of the movie in an unnamed Middle-East country.

Sadly, there is no Cuthbert Calculus.

However, the Tintin movie is so good, and it so very true to the original comics. I was worried that they would play down the character of Captain Haddock, who is an unrepentant old drunk, but they don't. If you are a Tintin fanboy, you should see this movie. In fact, if you know the Tintin comics, you will be rewarded in ways those who aren't familiar with the comics in many unexpected ways.

The movie is a love affair to Herge's original comics, and also the best action movie I've seen this year. If you like Tintin, you need to see this movie.

Every dead body that is not exterminated becomes one of them. It gets up and kills. The people it kills, get up and kill.
dean

« Reply #16 on: January 11, 2012, 08:29:19 AM »

Yet Alvin and the Chipmunks 3 is beating it in box office.  #sadworldweliveinwhenchipmunksmoviesmakemorethanactualgoodmovies

------------The password will be: Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch
Jim H

« Reply #17 on: January 11, 2012, 05:03:49 PM »

Yeah, I feel I should have mentioned Haddock's drunkenness..  It was incredibly refreshing to see a drunk comic relief character played straight, and not watered down at all.  Very pleasant surprise. 

Spielberg is still old-fashioned in some of the best ways.
ulthar

I AM serious, and stop calling me Shirley

« Reply #18 on: January 11, 2012, 07:00:37 PM »

There is no way on this earth that Chipmunks is a BETTER movie than TINTIN, and time will tell that no matter what the box office says.

That said, Chipmunks 3 had its moments, and I especially liked the references (and fun they had with them) to CAST AWAY.

I paid for tickets at both...for different reasons, and I got something different from each.

I guess my point is that as we all know, box office is no measure of quality at all.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Professor Hathaway:  I noticed you stopped stuttering.
Bodie:      I've been giving myself shock treatments.
Professor Hathaway: Up the voltage.

--Real Genius
dean

« Reply #19 on: January 12, 2012, 01:06:04 AM »

There is no way on this earth that Chipmunks is a BETTER movie than TINTIN, and time will tell that no matter what the box office says.

That said, Chipmunks 3 had its moments, and I especially liked the references (and fun they had with them) to CAST AWAY.

I paid for tickets at both...for different reasons, and I got something different from each.

I guess my point is that as we all know, box office is no measure of quality at all.

I can't imagine a world where 'Chipwrecked' is better than the excellent Tintin, and worldwide box office figures will HOPEFULLY right this grievous wrong in the long term.

That being said, the makers of Chipwrecked should be commended for the perfect timing of their release: school holidays in a season that seems to be lacking in reasonable choice for kids movies [there's not alot in the way of kids films that spring immediately to mind this current season]

------------The password will be: Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch
Damien Valley
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #20 on: January 18, 2012, 01:50:37 PM »

I really liked it.  Does anyone here remember the cartoon tv show from the early 90s?  I think it aired on HBO and Nickelodeon.  I have asked a lot of people and not too many remember it. 

I was very surprised to find out they made a movie about a story that would be considered pretty obscure in the United States.  That was until I found out that Steven Spielberg has owned the rights to make it since 1982.  He was reading reviews about Raiders of the Lost Arc and saw someone compare it to the Adventures of Tintin.
Pages: 1 [2]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  The Adventures of Tintin (2011) « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.