Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 02:08:13 AM
712922 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Press Releases and Film News  |  Ultraviolet - New digital format that could succeed the DVD « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Ultraviolet - New digital format that could succeed the DVD  (Read 3255 times)
claws
« on: March 14, 2011, 09:40:05 AM »

A "new" way of watching movies will debut this summer. Read all about it here: http://news.cnet.com/8301-31001_3-20042731-261.html?tag=cnetRiver
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2011, 12:34:25 PM »

I dunno...I think anyone who can copy their DVD's onto their PC's hard drive can also figure out how to then copy them to an external hard drive, which will never charge them a monthly fee.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2011, 12:42:59 PM by Jack » Logged

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
venomx
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2011, 09:32:49 PM »

Downside???

I bet if you don't have good cable or fiber optics you'll be waiting 3 days for the download or stream.
Joe the Destroyer
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2011, 11:25:37 PM »

For a minute I thought this topic was about that crappy Milla Jovovich movie.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2011, 01:44:45 PM by Joe the Destroyer » Logged
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2011, 07:01:33 AM »

I've been thinking about this and I almost wonder if there will be a physical form of media after Blu ray.  A lot of PC's these days have HDMI outputs so you can hook them straight up to your TV, and they're about one-third the size of old PC's so they wouldn't even look bad on the TV stand.  I've been thinking of getting one and copying all my DVD's onto it - it sure would be nice not to have to hunt through a gigantic pile of unorganized DVD's, but instead bring up some neat menu that you could sort by genre or actor or whatever.  I'm sure there must be programs that allow you to do that.

It kind of make sense for the sellers as well - it's not too practical to keep a huge stock of rare, crappy movies in a warehouse, but keeping them on a server available for download would make sense.  I notice Amazon is sort of venturing into that market.

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
venomx
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2011, 01:31:09 PM »

Also, are we looking at a 30 gig file? I sure hope not, if it is better then Blu then we just may.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Press Releases and Film News  |  Ultraviolet - New digital format that could succeed the DVD « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.