Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 05:39:39 AM
714392 Posts in 53096 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  It gets so damned expensive « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: It gets so damned expensive  (Read 7780 times)
ulthar
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I AM serious, and stop calling me Shirley

« Reply #15 on: March 15, 2011, 10:11:35 AM »

Food shopping runs (for 2) almost $175.00 every other week... WTH.

Hmmm, so about $80 per week for a couple?  That doesn't seem too bad.

We budget $200 per week for a family of four, but can run as little as $130.  We could shave it even further if really needed.

I'm just curious:  what are you used to paying that $40 per person per week seems relatively high?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Professor Hathaway:  I noticed you stopped stuttering.
Bodie:      I've been giving myself shock treatments.
Professor Hathaway: Up the voltage.

--Real Genius
venomx
« Reply #16 on: March 15, 2011, 12:13:28 PM »

Actually, I have asked the Master... it costs like $200 per every other week, plus takeout.

I eat alot... no, I'm not fat lol, I have a very high metabolism and She's on the eating healthy kick.

But still, bread, milk, eggs, Pepsi, meats, snacks and her expensive health food gets rather high in price.
JaseSF
Super Space Age Freaky Geek
B-Movie Kraken

Soon, your brain will turn to jelly.

« Reply #17 on: March 15, 2011, 12:23:28 PM »

I can't seem to fill up the gas tank anymore without it costing me 40-50 bucks.  Buggedout

"This above all: To thine own self be true!"
venomx
« Reply #18 on: March 15, 2011, 12:29:49 PM »

Do you have a SUV or a truck?... I have a Honda Civic, it's pretty good on gas, even at $4 per gal.

Edit - But also I use Lucas fuel treatmen... and oh man does that help with mileage.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2011, 12:33:40 PM by Venomx » Logged
SPazzo

My kinda toy...

« Reply #19 on: March 15, 2011, 03:29:16 PM »

I can't seem to fill up the gas tank anymore without it costing me 40-50 bucks.  Buggedout

You think that's bad?  It costs us $120 to completely fill up our gas tank (usually we pay $90 for the 3/4 of a tank).  That's Canadian dollars, by the way.  In American it's $122.  To be fair the car I'm talking about is a minivan, and we are looking for a better gas mileage commuter car.
JaseSF
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #20 on: March 15, 2011, 05:00:47 PM »

I'm talking Canadian dollars too and I drive a Pontiac Sunfire. I tend to fill the tank everytime I gas up which is usually once every couple of weeks.

Flick James

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #21 on: March 15, 2011, 05:05:07 PM »

I'm talking Canadian dollars too and I drive a Pontiac Sunfire. I tend to fill the tank everytime I gas up which is usually once every couple of weeks.

Yes, but you don't spend money on drugs, alcohol, or tobacco, so it kind of evens out.

BounceGiggle

I don't always talk about bad movies, but when I do, I prefer badmovies.org
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #22 on: March 15, 2011, 06:24:12 PM »

With video games now, I wait until they've been out a while and buy them in the 20 bucks range. I refuse to spend 60+ bucks for a game now...

BounceGiggle BounceGiggle It's really funny for me because I only have a PS@2! BounceGiggle BounceGiggle Cheers Seven years old and still kickin! Thumbup

yeah no.
JaseSF
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #23 on: March 15, 2011, 06:41:36 PM »

I still have my PS2 too...some games aren't possible to play on the new PS3 anyways so I kept the old gaming system too. I wish I still had a working Atari.

Andrew
Administrator

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #24 on: March 15, 2011, 06:48:41 PM »

Food shopping runs (for 2) almost $175.00 every other week... WTH.

Hmmm, so about $80 per week for a couple?  That doesn't seem too bad.

We budget $200 per week for a family of four, but can run as little as $130.  We could shave it even further if really needed.

I'm just curious:  what are you used to paying that $40 per person per week seems relatively high?

The first thing that came to my mind when I saw the thread title was "Feeding my kids?"  My wife insists that I have a tapeworm, and apparently tapeworms are passed down from the father's genetics because all of my kids have tapeworms as well.  They can eat!  We spend about $160 a week on groceries, and that's using the commissary.  It's going to be unreal once Jenna, Andy, and Garrett are older.  We'll end up going through a gallon of milk a day.

Our grocery bill is not helped by us trying to eat healthy.  Healthy food is expensive.  During the spring/summer/fall we also tend to spend $40 a week at a local farmer's market buying fruits and vegetables.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
Raffine

« Reply #25 on: March 15, 2011, 07:26:26 PM »

Which reminds me - Badmovies.org is still FREE!  Thumbup

If you're an Andy Milligan fan there's no hope for you.
venomx
« Reply #26 on: March 15, 2011, 07:30:42 PM »

Oh there is Andrew... I didn't see you post in a while. 
ghouck

Afro-Mullets RULE!

« Reply #27 on: March 16, 2011, 01:12:02 AM »

When people ask me why I don't have an HD TV, I say "Why? so I can see the string holding up the flying saucer in Plan 9 even BETTER?"

I will upgrade my TV when it dies. It's a 32" Sylvania CRT, so who knows when that will be.

Raw bacon is GREAT! It's like regular bacon, only faster, and it doesn't burn the roof of your mouth!

Happiness is green text in the "Stuff To Watch For" section.

James James: The man so nice, they named him twice.

"Aw man, this thong is chafing my balls" -Lloyd Kaufman in Poultrygeist.

"There's always time for lubricant" -Orlando Jones in Evolution
Mofo Rising
Global Moderator

My cat can eat a whole watermelon!

« Reply #28 on: March 16, 2011, 01:40:33 AM »

When people ask me why I don't have an HD TV, I say "Why? so I can see the string holding up the flying saucer in Plan 9 even BETTER?"

I will upgrade my TV when it dies. It's a 32" Sylvania CRT, so who knows when that will be.

You haven't lived until you've seen those strings in HD!

The first TV I ever bought was a Sony CRT. It's still going strong. I'm guessing you will never own a new TV.

Every dead body that is not exterminated becomes one of them. It gets up and kills. The people it kills, get up and kill.
Sleepyskull

Well,well,well...

« Reply #29 on: March 16, 2011, 02:25:11 AM »

On an tangent of a note: I absolutely hate it when customers get angry at me personally in regard to the prices at the 7-11, I work at. I'm a 19 year old who has done basic level work for about 7 months. Really? I can control prices? Why did my manager or the owner never inform me? I'd be buying all the $5ish each Ben and Jerry Ice Cream for a total of 20 cents. I'm going to buy 25 cartons of ciggarettes for $5 and re-sell them for a profit. Listen, Mr.80 year old man who should know better than to constantly whine, I'm sorry a can of Coke costs $1.05 after tax, but there's only so much faked sympathetic grins I'll give you, before I'm tempted to throw the Coke at you and say "It's free now!"  I'm sorry drunk lady, but I can't cut you a deal on food.  Lookingup

Humanity takes itself too seriously. It is the world`s original sin. - Oscar Wilde
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  It gets so damned expensive « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.