Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 02:37:16 AM
712922 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Worst movie based games and game based movies « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: Worst movie based games and game based movies  (Read 10968 times)
Olivia Bauer
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« on: March 16, 2011, 08:02:15 AM »

List off video game based films that you hate.

-Alone in the Dark

Now list a video game based on a movie that you hate.

-Narnia

Easy.

venomx
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2011, 08:37:43 AM »

LOL! I bet anyone here that knows me by now, knows the movie I'm going to write up, no doubt.

Mortal Kombat! Stop, Stop lol... I'm only joking, IMO thats the BEST game to movie ever.

NUMBER 1 WORST game to movie is... Super Mario Bros. For sure.

Movies I wish for... Castlevania, Metal Gear Solid and Resident Evil (the PS1 way)

macabre
Bad Movie Lover

I'M COMING FOR YOU!

« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2011, 08:54:49 AM »

hi
Both Doom and SilentHill are movies that should be deleted from anyone's memory who ever had the misfortune to watch them,

GEEZ! I NEVER REALISED A BRAIN WEIGHED SO MUCH.
WHY HAVE YOU GOT A KNIFE IN YOUR HAND? I HAVEN'T IT'S IN YOUR CHEST.
A MARATHON! MY WIFE COULDN'T RUN A BATH WITHOUT FEELING TIRED.
The Gravekeeper
addicted to the macabre
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2011, 09:00:09 AM »

hi
Both Doom and SilentHill are movies that should be deleted from anyone's memory who ever had the misfortune to watch them,

I wouldn't say that for Silent Hill. While it wasn't a great movie, it did have nice really nice practical-CGI hybrid effects. Other than that, yeah, it was pretty forgettable.

As for my contribution to the this thread: The Terminator Salvation game. Why? Repetitive gameplay, repetitive enemies (not even an attempt to palette swap them), boring environments, and very few T-600s and T-800s.
venomx
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2011, 09:10:27 AM »

Does anyone remember Street Fighter: The Movie the arcade game? It was the only game to do this...

From "arcade game to movie" to "arcade game based on the movie" lol.

BTW I wasn't happy with the movie or the characters... IMO the anime movie was better.
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2011, 10:19:24 AM »

The E.T. home video game, which played a significant role in the downfall of Atari and the crash of the video gaming industry in the early 80s.

Atari paid big money for the rights, produced millions of cartridges, advertised like crazy, basically threw everything behind it. It sold well at Christmas, but once people got to play it and the word got around that it sucked, nobody wanted it. I'm sure many of us remember when the price of game cartridges dropped from the $30-$50 range to a buck or two. Part of the problem was third-party game manufacturers flooding the market with loads of hastily-produced games, many of them crappy, but Atari's attempt to cut their losses on the ET fiasco was also a factor.

Atari might still have recovered, had they not also decided to pass on producing the North American version of the Japanese Famicom system, which later became known as the Nintendo Entertainment System. They were really batting a thousand in those days. Lookingup
« Last Edit: March 16, 2011, 10:26:26 AM by AndyC » Logged

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
bob
I survived Bucky Larson

Torgo watches you masterbate!

« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2011, 10:57:59 AM »

Street Fighter, Super Mario Brothers, Doom, and Mortal Kombat: Annihilation off the topc of my head. I've never seen any of Uwe Boll's films or played any of the games those films are based on, I guess those goes hand in hand.

Kubrick, Nolan, Tarantino, Wan, Iñárritu, Scorsese, Chaplin, Abrams, Wes Anderson, Gilliam, Kurosawa - the elite

I believe in the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.
Olivia Bauer

« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2011, 11:09:14 AM »

Street Fighter, Super Mario Brothers, Doom, and Mortal Kombat: Annihilation off the topc of my head. I've never seen any of Uwe Boll's films or played any of the games those films are based on, I guess those goes hand in hand.

To me there's nothing worse than an Uwe Boll film.

SPazzo

My kinda toy...

« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2011, 05:13:08 PM »

Don't say that!  He'll challenge you to a boxing match! Buggedout

But seriously, I don't play too many video games.  But of the ones based on movies that I have played, most of them have sucked.  Big time.
Olivia Bauer

« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2011, 08:11:13 PM »

Don't say that!  He'll challenge you to a boxing match! Buggedout

But seriously, I don't play too many video games.  But of the ones based on movies that I have played, most of them have sucked.  Big time.

Nothing like trying to prove your point through violence. I also hate him for that.

Couchtr26

« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2011, 11:15:17 PM »

House of the Dead - That really was pretty awful from Uwe wasn't it or was I dreaming when I saw that one.

Dick Tracy - Yes, that NES game used to annoy the hell out of me. 

Not to mention Who Framed Roger Rabbit, I disliked that one because it was like a stroke of luck.  I've done that one in 30 minutes and then been hours in with no end in sight. 

Ah, the good old days.
Olivia Bauer

« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2011, 08:42:52 AM »

House of the Dead - That really was pretty awful from Uwe wasn't it or was I dreaming when I saw that one.

Dick Tracy - Yes, that NES game used to annoy the hell out of me. 

Not to mention Who Framed Roger Rabbit, I disliked that one because it was like a stroke of luck.  I've done that one in 30 minutes and then been hours in with no end in sight. 

House of the Dead is indeed by Uwe Boll.

venomx
« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2011, 09:00:11 AM »

Back to the Future - NES. Great movie, SUCKY game.

Gilligan's Island - NES. Great show, BAD game.

Three Stooges - NES. Best show ever, LAME game.

Moe: Let go of that game, empty skull!... Larry: Game? Curly: Hey?! Nuk Nuk Nuk.
RD
Bad Movie Lover

I make the bad movies.

« Reply #13 on: March 17, 2011, 09:58:08 AM »

Double Dragon, SMB, Street Fighter... Actually every game based movie is terrible.

Total Recall on NES is absolutely dreadful.

=== ===
           Go Robo!
Olivia Bauer

« Reply #14 on: March 17, 2011, 10:02:11 AM »

The Wing Commander movie was terrible.

The Highlander cartoon got a video game too. It was horrible.

Pages: [1] 2 3
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Worst movie based games and game based movies « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.