Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 08:09:44 PM
714388 Posts in 53096 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  This just occurred to me . . . « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: This just occurred to me . . .  (Read 8096 times)
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« on: March 16, 2011, 02:57:28 PM »

I think most of the contributors to this website are more interesting and likeable than many people I know in "real life."  I must be hanging around with the wrong crowd.   Bluesad

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
Flick James

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2011, 03:25:50 PM »

I think most of the contributors to this website are more interesting and likeable than many people I know in "real life."  I must be hanging around with the wrong crowd.   Bluesad

We are a strange bunch that you don't find just hanging around, mate. I've been forced to deal with that.

Also, people don't tend to talk about such things as obsessions with bad movies because they think people will look at them funny. I certainly feel that way. So when I run into somebody who talks about a movie like Bad Ronald out of the blue I become excited. There's a guy I've worked with for two years and I just discovered he's into bad movies. He actually brought up Thankskilling at a meeting and I about fell out of my chair.

I don't always talk about bad movies, but when I do, I prefer badmovies.org
The Burgomaster

« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2011, 04:06:40 PM »

I think most of the contributors to this website are more interesting and likeable than many people I know in "real life."  I must be hanging around with the wrong crowd.   Bluesad

So when I run into somebody who talks about a movie like Bad Ronald out of the blue I become excited.

I have the dubious distinction of clearly remembering watching BAD RONALD the first time it was on television.  I am now the proud owner of the Warner Brothers Archive version.

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2011, 04:14:34 PM »

So when I run into somebody who talks about a movie like Bad Ronald out of the blue I become excited.

I have the dubious distinction of clearly remembering watching BAD RONALD the first time it was on television.  I am now the proud owner of the Warner Brothers Archive version.

I remember BAD RONALD-my name's Ronald-I'm somewhat of an artist too....my dad started calling me that when he saw the movie on TV.
Oh yeah-he thought I was weird too.
He was right- Twirling

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Flick James

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2011, 05:12:16 PM »

See? Where else are you going to get two instant recognitions of Bad Ronald within less than two hours?

I don't always talk about bad movies, but when I do, I prefer badmovies.org
dean

« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2011, 06:51:26 PM »

If too many of us were to be in the same location at once the space time continuum would collapse in on itself.

That or it would be a too tempting target for Menard to pass up. 

------------The password will be: Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch
akiratubo

« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2011, 06:53:49 PM »

This is probably the best forum on the whole internet and the people who come here are good people.

Kneel before Dr. Hell, the ruler of this world!
Olivia Bauer

« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2011, 08:12:52 PM »

Most people are dumb. I guess people who enjoy bad films are of a higher intellect.  Twirling

Umaril The Unfeathered

Pelinal na vasha, racuvar! Sa yando tyavoy nagaia!

« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2011, 08:30:42 PM »

See? Where else are you going to get two instant recognitions of Bad Ronald within less than two hours?

Make that three recognitions!  I too had seen it when it premiered on TV. Ronald Wilby was the guy's name, and he lived in the walls of his mom's hosue. I was around 9 or say, 10 when I'd first seen it.  I remember it was some what of a sad ending too.

But as was said earlier, the 70's films were reflecting of the atmosphere of the day.

As to the diverse crowd of people here:  Yeah, we have our moral\political\philosophical differences (as may have been seen more than once in the past) but at the root of our friendship is our collective love for all things bad and retro in movies, and the love of the bygone days we grew up in.

That's why I'm still here, because I can talk to almost anyone here about Toho's Frankenstein Conquers The World,  or the Shaw Brothers' Five Deadly Venoms and not have someone look at me like I have two heads, even though I do, lol

Badmovies rocks, and that's all there is to it!   Cheers Thumbup Cheers

Tam-Riel na nou Sancremath.
Dawn's Beauty is our shining home.

An varlais, nou bala, an kynd, nou latta.
The stars are our power, the sky is our light.

Malatu na nou karan.
Truth is our armor.

Malatu na bala
Truth is power.

Heca, Pellani! Agabaiyane Ehlnadaya!
Be gone, outsiders! I do not fear your mortal gods!

Auri-El na nou ata, ye A, Umaril, an Aran!
Aure-El is our father, and I, Umaril, the king!
Chainsawmidget
« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2011, 12:49:09 AM »

This is probably the best forum on the whole internet and the people who come here are good people.
I just know somebody's going to read this and think, "Good people?  Bah.  Now I'm going to have to go set fire to orphans or something to prove him wrong!"

Make that three recognitions!  I too had seen it when it premiered on TV. Ronald Wilby was the guy's name, and he lived in the walls of his mom's hosue.
I've never seen the movie, but I know of it. 
Killer Bees
Newly Appointed Government Employee and

Never give up on love

« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2011, 04:43:37 AM »

In spite of what I'm like here, I'm actually quite anti-social/socially awkward in real life.  I don't easily let people in because it seems like every time I do, they cr.ap all over me.  So I find internet friends are much better.

I love this site because everyone is interesting and accepting and you all have something of value to say.  Unlike anyone I know in real life.  In fact, I think I only know people who are self absorbed, boring idiots.

I struggle with relationships, even though I want nothing more than to have good, solid, happy loving ones.  Most especially with my darling Sean.  But it seems that the one I have with him is especially fraught with angst and trouble.

Anyway, here's Cheers to my fellow bad movie lovers.  I'm happy to be counted in amongst the misfits and nutbags on this site.  You guys are my peeps now TeddyR

Flower, gleam and glow
Let your power shine
Make the clock reverse
Bring back what once was mine
Heal what has been hurt
Change the fates' design
Save what has been lost
Bring back what once was mine
What once was mine.......
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2011, 05:04:47 AM »

If too many of us were to be in the same location at once the space time continuum would collapse in on itself.

I would actually like that to happen ~ all of us to meet, that is, not the space time continuum to go kablooiey.  Smile

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #12 on: March 18, 2011, 08:56:46 AM »

Just so you guys don't go all mushy, I squash insects with gleeful abandon. BounceGiggle

There.  I said it.

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #13 on: March 18, 2011, 09:07:43 AM »

Just so you guys don't go all mushy, I squash insects with gleeful abandon. BounceGiggle
There.  I said it.

TeddyR TeddyR

I keep forgetting to ask you how Dad is, Indy? I hope well.

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
The Burgomaster

« Reply #14 on: March 18, 2011, 09:38:45 AM »

I would actually like that to happen ~ all of us to meet, that is, not the space time continuum to go kablooiey.  Smile

Okay.  I suggest we all meet at the mall around 6:00.

Pages: [1] 2 3
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  This just occurred to me . . . « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.