Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 05:34:22 AM
714392 Posts in 53096 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Broken Or Mafunctioning Stuff In Your House « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Broken Or Mafunctioning Stuff In Your House  (Read 3955 times)
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« on: March 21, 2011, 08:10:41 PM »

They just don't make stuff like they used to as the saying goes.  More and more I'm finding that true of modern sh!t and it really ticks me off.  I have a few things:

The fridge is making this loud humming noise in the freezer.  I think the fan may have some ice obstructing it because when I whack a certain part of it with a rubber hammer it stops making the sound.  It kind of p!sss me off seeing the damn fridge is only about a year old.

Most door knobs in my house are screwed.  Thats thanks to the kids who like hanging on them when I'm not looking. 

The handle on the door of my stove broke off about 6 months ago. 

Our canopener broke today.  It had a cheap plastic part that kept the can cutting device on the main unit. 

My wife's treadmill sh!t the bed recently.  Right now I have chop it up when the weather turns nice in the hopes the garbage man will take it. 

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
ulthar
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I AM serious, and stop calling me Shirley

« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2011, 09:03:17 PM »

They just don't make stuff like they used to as the saying goes.  More and more I'm finding that true of modern sh!t and it really ticks me off.  I have a few things:

The fridge is making this loud humming noise in the freezer.  I think the fan may have some ice obstructing it because when I whack a certain part of it with a rubber hammer it stops making the sound.  It kind of p!sss me off seeing the damn fridge is only about a year old.

Most door knobs in my house are screwed.  Thats thanks to the kids who like hanging on them when I'm not looking. 

The handle on the door of my stove broke off about 6 months ago. 

Our canopener broke today.  It had a cheap plastic part that kept the can cutting device on the main unit. 

My wife's treadmill sh!t the bed recently.  Right now I have chop it up when the weather turns nice in the hopes the garbage man will take it. 

Don't have a house, so cannot comment on that part...  TeddyR

Really, get rid of all that crap that's bugging you and weighing you down.

Refrigerator?  Don't have one.  No worries.

Stove?  Don't have one.  No worries.

Electric Can Opener?  Don't have one.  No Worries.  (We do have a few manual ones and I have my Swiss Army Knife, too).

Door Knobs?  No doors...we have HATCHES, dude!   TeddyR  But really, only one "knob" on a door here, and it's only one half of the pieces needed...it does nothing functional, and I think it was left over from a previous modification.

On a more serious, note, though, we DO have a bunch that needs fixing.  But moving toward a KISS lifestyle unencumbers us to focus on 'structural' components more than 'luxuries.'

In the meantime, have fun with all those 'modern gadgets.'

(Yes, I know I'm posting this from a computer, so just stop it.   BounceGiggle  )

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Professor Hathaway:  I noticed you stopped stuttering.
Bodie:      I've been giving myself shock treatments.
Professor Hathaway: Up the voltage.

--Real Genius
Raffine

« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2011, 09:20:55 PM »

My biggest pet peeve with modern stuff involves cars. I see stuff like electric windows, keyless entry, etc. as just crap that will break and make using the vehicle a pain. I even refuse to buy a car/truck with automatic transmission. My dad talked me into getting a car with an automatic transmission once and of course the whole time I had the thing it had transmission troubles. Plus, I enjoy the 'feel' of driving a stick shift with a clutch.

If you're an Andy Milligan fan there's no hope for you.
Criswell
i got better
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2011, 09:29:27 PM »

The washing machine at my house makes the most awful sounds you can imagine.

claws
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2011, 12:50:58 AM »

The door of our refrigerator wouldn't shut anymore and would open by itself, so we had to keep it close with duct tape which was annoying as hell. This went on for a couple of months, now we have a new fridge.

Our hair dryer has three different heat/speed settings but no. 3, the one I always use, has gone wonky and is barely blowing.
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2011, 06:36:40 AM »

Our water heater blows its fuse every few months.  It used to do it every week, but after about 4 visits from the repair man they finally figured out that it had a tiny crack in one of the heating elements.  Once that was replaced, it does it less often.  It's always nice to get up some random day and find there's no hot water.  The kids are especially fond of it.  Our old one from the '60s worked perfectly up until a few years ago when it started leaking a tiny little bit.  The new hi-tech one is a total piece of crap.

Handle on the refrigerator door comes loose every few weeks and I have to tighten the screws.

The screw that holds the little recliner handle on the lazy boy backs itself out by a half a turn a day, so after a week or two it's sticking out an inch.

The back door will be a project for me this summer.  We had an ice dam on the roof above it, water leaked in, got wet inside the door, so all these little blobs of resin or something came seeping through the paint.  The wood facing on the back is also separated from the edge. 

The button on the electric garage door opener - after 16 years of practice, I've learned to push it in just the right way to open the door on only my third try.

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
ulthar

I AM serious, and stop calling me Shirley

« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2011, 07:10:39 AM »

Handle on the refrigerator door comes loose every few weeks and I have to tighten the screws.

The screw that holds the little recliner handle on the lazy boy backs itself out by a half a turn a day, so after a week or two it's sticking out an inch.

Locktite?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Professor Hathaway:  I noticed you stopped stuttering.
Bodie:      I've been giving myself shock treatments.
Professor Hathaway: Up the voltage.

--Real Genius
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2011, 08:06:05 AM »

Since the beginning of the year, I have needed the following repairs:

* New refrigerator - $1,200
* Service on my car - $900
* New hot water tank for my house - $1,150
* Repair gas leaks in my furnace - $250
* New electronic eye for my automatic garage door opener - $150
* New handle to open the door on my dishwasher - Not purchased yet
* Pilot light went out in my gas fireplace - didn't repair it, just turned off the gas because we hardly ever use the fireplace

Keep in mind that my house, car, and all the items listed above are only 6 years old.

We also had a garbage disposal installed and I had a root canal.  These obviously aren't home repairs, but they did add to my expenditures since January 1.

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2011, 08:23:19 AM »

* New electronic eye

When I read those words, I thought you needed a new eye and the narration from The Six Million Dollar Man's opening credits popped into my head......"Gentlemen...we can rebuild Burgo......we have the technology........better than he was before........faster......stronger....."  Wink Wink

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Doggett
Bustin' makes me feel good !

I've seen things you people couldn't imagine...

« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2011, 09:06:57 AM »

I'm broken and malfunctioning.

Do I count ?

If God exists, why did he make me an atheist? Thats His first mistake.
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2011, 09:21:13 AM »

Do I count ?

If you are indeed broken and malfunctioning (which I doubt) a hug should put that right.  Smile

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Flick James

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2011, 09:39:50 AM »

I guess I must be lucky. Sure, I've had some gadgets break down on m from time to time, but for the most part, I've had good luck with most things like that.

Ah. I just found some wood to knock on. That feels better.

I don't always talk about bad movies, but when I do, I prefer badmovies.org
bob
I survived Bucky Larson

Torgo watches you masterbate!

« Reply #12 on: March 22, 2011, 10:23:26 AM »

My right wrist, I broke it playing basketball in gradeschool.

Kubrick, Nolan, Tarantino, Wan, Iñárritu, Scorsese, Chaplin, Abrams, Wes Anderson, Gilliam, Kurosawa - the elite

I believe in the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #13 on: March 22, 2011, 11:08:20 AM »

Do I count ?
Only your sense of humor in that post

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
Ed, Ego and Superego

« Reply #14 on: March 22, 2011, 12:34:32 PM »

My baby won't keep anything in her stomach oday without doing the most amazing projectile vomiting.  I'd like a re-do.
-Ed

Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?

Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Broken Or Mafunctioning Stuff In Your House « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.