Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 02:47:48 AM
712922 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Attitudes about Drinking « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]
Author Topic: Attitudes about Drinking  (Read 24279 times)
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #90 on: April 10, 2011, 11:05:58 PM »

My brother killed himself with alcohol.  He had a crippling arthritis the last several years of his life which contributed to his abuse of booze.  He was not yet 58 years old.  All of the conditions that contributed to his decline (ulcers, perforated intestine, gallbladder infection, heart failure, pneumonia) were all caused by his drinking.  He was an alcoholic since he was probably 18, though he was a lot older than me and I cannot know for sure, except that when he was a newly married man, I know he got drunk every night. 
Oh, wow.  That's sad to hear. 

All these stories I've read, shame.

"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell."

Don’t get too close, it’s dark inside.
It’s where my demons hide, it’s where my demons hide.
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #91 on: April 11, 2011, 04:21:37 PM »

I just heard a news report today about some study that concluded you are something like 30% more likely to die from pancreatic cancer if you have 3 drinks of hard liquor per day.  I don't drink nearly that much now . . . but I did about 20 years ago . . .

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
Flick James
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #92 on: April 11, 2011, 05:02:24 PM »

I don`t really believe anyone really needs to drink to have fun. I never have. But some people do think that they do...

Everybody needs to do SOMETHING to have fun, unless doing absolutely nothing is fun. People watch bad movies to have fun. People go to concerts to have fun. People go skiing for fun. There are lots of activities people do for fun. Alchohol is just one of many things one can do for fun or to enhance it.

Take Irish music sessions, for example. Drinking is just a part of the experience, but it is far from being needed. When I play, sometimes I don't drink at all, sometimes I'll nurse a pint, sometimes I'll have two or three, and only once have I ever gotten rip-roaring drunk and I didn't enjoy playing by that point and I may as well have stayed home. When I play there are anywhere between 3 to 10 others, some of them drinking, some not. Nobody cares and most of the time nobody is a detriment to the session because of having a few pints. For any individual, drinking is just something you either do or you don't and it's not stressed, but it's almost guaranteed that at least one or two will be drinking at least a pint or two. I would enjoy the experience whether I drank or not, but when I have one or two, the experience is enhanced, I don't care whether one calls that a need or not.

I don't always talk about bad movies, but when I do, I prefer badmovies.org
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #93 on: April 11, 2011, 08:46:05 PM »

I just heard a news report today about some study that concluded you are something like 30% more likely to die from pancreatic cancer if you have 3 drinks of hard liquor per day.  I don't drink nearly that much now . . . but I did about 20 years ago . . .

Really? Hmmm.  That's pretty bad news to hear.  Eesh.

"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell."

Don’t get too close, it’s dark inside.
It’s where my demons hide, it’s where my demons hide.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Attitudes about Drinking « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.